Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costco Sams rant

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 3:23:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 15:55:39 -0500, wrote:

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

I hope you dumped that cart over on the floor. That would punish the
store for allowing other assholes to shop in *YOUR* store, and they
would have to pay $500 in labor hours to clean up your mess.

We live in the age of HATE. I and ME come FIRST. **** everyone else!!!!

An AR15 or AK47 would have gotten you to the front of the line
immediately. Dont use your brains, use a gun!
Guns speak louder than words!!!!!!!!!
Everytime you kill someone, thats one less person in the waiting line or
traffic jam to **** you off.

Shoot Fast - Shoot Often - Shoot Now......

* Happy ****ing Holidays *

It never ceases to amaze me how Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks can turn anything into an anti-gun rant filled with foul language. It's a good thing G. didn't mention guns or committing any violence. Oh yea, just mentioning that he is displeased with a situation translates into Politically Incorrect Hate Speech. Someone give sharps a shot of Thorazine before it has a stroke. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Hateful Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:46:13 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Someone give sharps a shot of Thorazine before it has a stroke. ?( ?_?)?

[8~{} Uncle Hateful Monster

LOL. Liquid Thorazine would require pushing the creature around in a
wheel barrow. It was used in prisons during the last century. The
crooks slept during the officers days off :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Someone give sharps a shot of Thorazine before it has a
stroke. ?(
?_?)?

[8~{} Uncle Hateful Monster

LOL. Liquid Thorazine would require pushing the creature
around in a
wheel barrow. It was used in prisons during the last
century. The
crooks slept during the officers days off :-)

Also known as "The Liquid Straight Jacket"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Someone give sharps a shot of Thorazine before it has a
stroke. ?(
?_?)?

[8~{} Uncle Hateful Monster

LOL. Liquid Thorazine would require pushing the creature
around in a
wheel barrow. It was used in prisons during the last
century. The
crooks slept during the officers days off :-)

Also known as "The Liquid Straight Jacket"

Many years ago officers were allowed to dispense it. Some
penitentiaries had a gallon on the cell block ranges. Officer gave it
out by the cup instead of coffee. All was quite on the ranges for a
couple of days :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

Why do snowflakes always think they deserve special treatment

Because we pay for it?
You sound like those people shuffling their way back to coach on a
plane, giving me a ****ed off look because I am already in my seat
with a drink and a snack.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:59:12 -0800, ZZyXX
wrote:

I always order/pay for my food with the rest of my shopping, then you
just walk up to the pick-up window...no waiting and you get to use your
credit card for payment

I did not know you could do that. If that is true, my bad. I will try
next time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 12:36:05 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 3:31:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:04:14 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 12/01/2016 03:55 PM, wrote:

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

The 30 people "who just walked straight in off the street" might have
been planning to have lunch *before* doing their major shopping.

Perce

No it is a steady stream. I know because my father in law is one of
those people. These folks start at McDonalds for senior coffee, lunch
at the price club and then catch the early bird for dinner.,
They do not even make sure these people are paid up members at Sams or
Costco. If you have a 20 year old card with someone else's name on it,
you can get in and you do not show your card at the food court.
I think you could waive your AARP card and they would let you in.

We should build a wall and have BJ's pay for it. ;-)

The funny thing about that is they all have a wall in front of the
registers in the store. If you don't scan a valid card, you can't buy
anything except the cheap food they will sell people without a card.
It sounds like a flawed business plan to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 12/01/2016 03:55 PM, wrote:

[...]

A wall? What kind of wall?

BJ's has no wall. Anyone can enter the store and browse. You just can't
check out without a card.

The "food court" at the front of the store requires no card.

It sounds like a flawed business plan to me.

I don't know how "flawed" the business plan is. How many people actually
go to a wholesale club just to eat? Even if lots of people do, I'm sure
the profit margin is high enough for it not to be a problem (for them).
In addition, if they get just a few of them to join, they are that much
farther ahead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/02/2016 06:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I don't know how "flawed" the business plan is. How many people actually
go to a wholesale club just to eat? Even if lots of people do, I'm sure
the profit margin is high enough for it not to be a problem (for them).
In addition, if they get just a few of them to join, they are that much
farther ahead.

CostCo is about 4 blocks from where I work so sometimes in the summer
I'll walk up and get a turkey sandwich for a change so I'm one of those
people who **** Snowflake off. Of course, I am a CostCo member and do
shop there about once a week, but CostCo quantities aren't conducive to
a walking trip. It's bad enough on a motorcycle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's a long time since we had a Sam's Club membership, but I don't think
one could get to the food court at our local one without a membership
card -- but they may not all be laid out the same.

I've never been in Sam's Club -- and that's my rant. I delivered a load
of mattresses to one and since it was going to take several hours for
them to unload the truck I decided to go for a bike ride only to find
the tube was shot. I figured they might let me in to buy a tube, but no
way that was going to happen. Fortunately there was a bike shop in the
adjacent mini-mall.

Walmart itself is my stop of last resort and I go into it about once a
year. I certainly won't be joining Sam's if they ever build one here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 12/01/2016 03:55 PM, wrote:

[...]

You have to assume that if they are selling hot food at the food court
for barely more than it costs in the store raw, it is supposed to be a
service for the paying customers. My issue is not that the people are
getting such a bargain but that they are preventing the paying
customers from actually using that amenity. If I am sitting there with
a few dollars worth of refrigerated food, I don't really want to hang
around another 30 minutes watching it get warm, just to get a snack
that I am taking with me.
.... and yes, around here there are lots of people who just walk in to
eat, without having a membership.
If what another poster said, that I can order at the regular register
and pick it up on my way out is true, I am OK. I have just never heard
of that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:16:05 -0700, Charles Bishop
wrote:

However, they also have, say 4 windows open, but only 1 person servicing
two of the windows. They take someone's order and then someone else gets
the food, while they go to the 2nd window and deal with the customer
there. While this sounds efficient, I've seen it delay getting food to
people and taking payment.

They usually do not want the same person handling the money who
handles the food. That person would need to wash their hands or put on
a new pair of gloves on every order. That is just the health
department.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 3:55:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

How about an express checkout line for that matter? For people who
only have 6 things?