Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Costco Sams rant

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 5:06:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:48:33 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per :
they

CostCo = Sam's ???

Did one buy out the other?

They seem to have very different business plans.

The issue is the same at both. They have a subsidized food court for
the customers and lots of samples on each end cap but around here the
geezers just come for the food. They wander around eating the free
samples and if they are not full yet they walk around the registers to
get a cheap piece of pizza or a hot dog and walk out empty handed.
People who actually want to buy something are weaving in and out of
the free grazers standing around with food on toothpicks.

What annoys me is most of the people that take samples can't just take
the damn free sample and get the hell out of the way. Usual scenario
is to roll the shopping cart up, block everyone else out, then peruse
the samples, start a conversation with the sample giver, etc. When
I take a sample, I just walk up, take it and move on.