Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default Costco Sams rant

In article ,
wrote:

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

I'm not sure I understand why you're so upset that people are buying
food and getting in your way, but . . .

I have my own separate rant - The local Costco food courts have the same
procedure the rest of the store does - open just enough windows so that
the lines are long, and close one or two if there are a few people in
line.

However, they also have, say 4 windows open, but only 1 person servicing
two of the windows. They take someone's order and then someone else gets
the food, while they go to the 2nd window and deal with the customer
there. While this sounds efficient, I've seen it delay getting food to
people and taking payment.

Oh, they have one line for each window, rather than one line for all the
windows. I always seem to get in the slowest line.

--
charles