Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:45:34 -0000, nospam wrote:

In article , Mr Macaw wrote:

two similar sized vehicles traveling at 30 mph that collide head-on is
equivalent to a collision of one hitting a brick wall at 30 mph.

Really?

really.

Which of the two comes out damaged, as it would if "hitting a brick
wall", and which comes out undamaged, as it would if only the other were
"hitting a brick wall" :-) ?

both are damaged.

Then you need a stronger device for the explanation. To make them identical,
you need a concrete bridge support which doesn't move at all.

i didn't say identical. i said both are damaged.

You said "equivalent [to a collision]".

if a small car and an 18 wheeler truck collide, both will sustain
damage.

In that case you DO add the mph. For the car. The truck doesn't really get hurt.

even a concrete bridge will sustain some damage if a car crashes into
it. it'll be minor but it won't be zero.

It'll be as good as damnit zero. And it's a common thing to crash into. 70mph (the speed limit, like anyone goes that slow) into a bridge support is just as bad as 70mph into someone going 70mph the other way. Some people actually believe you'd have to hit the bridge at 140mph to have the same damage to your car.

--
Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-01-24 03:37:18 +0000, nospam said:

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

seat belts don't matter in a rear-end collision because a person will
be pulled back into the seat.

with a t-bone side collision, it could go either way. a seat belt would
hold a person in place which could make things worse, or it could
prevent an ejection, preventing a worse outcome.

a driver who is paying attention would be able to avoid either scenario.

You are stopped at a light or in line at a toll booth. Drunk or sleepy
driver plows into your rear end. Please explain how an attentive driver
can avoid that.

always be aware of what's going on around you at all times and always
leave space for an evasive maneuver just in case it might be needed,
whether stopped or moving.

if someone is approaching that does not appear to be stopping, move out
of the way.

sometimes that might be impossible, but much of the time, a collision
can be avoided.

All very nice in theory. However, if that is your only means to avoid a
potential impact and injury that is totally out of your control, good luck to
you.

it's more than theory.

i once had to make a very sudden screeching right-hand turn when
proceeding through a green light to avoid someone who had zero
intention of stopping at his red light. he whizzed right past me to my
left.

Aah! Dumb luck is a game of inches and near misses.

Sounds more like skill and quick thinking to me.

--
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 01:33:52 -0000, nospam wrote:

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Americans cops are way worse than British cops for that. Ours tend to think of the general public.

--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-01-24, Tony Hwang wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 23, 2016, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

...and sometimes unavoidable due to circumstances.

There is a strict policy about car chase. They can't do high speed
chase to keep the dangerous situation from happening. Reckless chase
is not allowed by law.

Doesn't change the fact that a seatbelt can prevent you from being
ejected, potentially saving your life.

Or potentially killing you when your car is on fire.

--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-01-24 03:37:20 +0000, nospam said:

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

...and amazingly many of the chases I have seen which ended badly, the driver
of the fleeing vehicle isnąt wearing a seat belt, but wishes he did.

that's an odd thing to wish for, versus wishing for just pulling over
or not have done whatever it was he did where the cops were after him..

Now did anybody accuse any of the individuals being chased as being
rational, or capable of thinking anything other than, "I have to get
away!"?

Easier to get out of the car quickly to evade the pig on foot if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

Mind you, I saw a film once where the driver needed to get rid of the guy in the passenger seat with a gun on him. He put his seatbelt on and stood on the brakes. Probably Jackie Chan.

--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2016 5:37 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that a seatbelt can prevent you from being
ejected, potentially saving your life.

Or potentially killing you when your car is on fire.

How often does that happen? I've heard of many people getting thrown
out and killed, but never did I hear of anyone burning up because they
were trapped by a seatbelt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 22:52:20 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/20/2016 5:37 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that a seatbelt can prevent you from being
ejected, potentially saving your life.

Or potentially killing you when your car is on fire.

How often does that happen? I've heard of many people getting thrown
out and killed, but never did I hear of anyone burning up because they
were trapped by a seatbelt.

That's just one example of what can happen. Anyway I'm not pessimistic enough to worry about what'll probably never happen.

--
"Get as far away from the nuclear explosion as possible" - Rodney McKay, Stargate Atlantis.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 19:29:58 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

Cars have more crumple zones now, so that point is in reverse.

Great -- even my '97 Geo has more crumple zones now than it had when I
bought it? I overjoyed to learn that -- thank you :-) ! Saves my life!

Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Americans cops are way worse than British cops for that. Ours tend to think of the general public.

American cops are little more than thugs and morons.

"Hey, that guy is trying to kill himself, that's illegal, EVERYONE SHOOT
HIM!!"

**** Tha Police - NWA

--
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 7:36:02 PM UTC-6, Lewis wrote:

wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Americans cops are way worse than British cops for that. Ours tend to think of the general public.

American cops are little more than thugs and morons.

"Hey, that guy is trying to kill himself, that's illegal, EVERYONE SHOOT
HIM!!"

**** Tha Police - NWA
--

The next time you hear someone breaking into your home at night, call the NAACP and/or Black Panthers. I'm sure they'll be right there to protect you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:08:46 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2016 12:53 AM, nospam wrote:

the key is to *avoid* the collision in the first place.

Yes, but often when stopped there is no place to go. A few years ago an
entire family was killed at a toll booth. Last year two kids were
killed in the car stopped at a light.They were not belted in. May have
made a difference.

Are you a reporter? The media loves to take a few little uncommon examples and make it sound as though it could happen to you. It most likely won't.

--
Flatulence (n.), emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-01-24, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

...and sometimes unavoidable due to circumstances.

chases are *always* avoidable.

Not for those not involved in the chase.

yes it is. either party can end the chase at any time.

Those uninvolved in the chase have no control over it. And they would be
generally better protected by seat belts.

they can't stop the chase, the but the point you keep missing is that
everyone would be even better protected if cops didn't chase people
with minor infractions and/or where it puts innocent people at risk.

I haven't missed it; I simply ignored it since it's not what we were
talking about before you mentioned it. You keep trying to change the
conversation. The conversation was originally about seatbelts and
whether they can protect you or not.

also, police chases are rare. fixating on something that's rare is
silly.

You seem to be the only one here fixated on them. There are many
situations where accidents cannot be avoided. Police chases are just one
example. In each of those situations, a seat belt can generally provide
you with more safety.

And sometimes people sped through
intersections even without being chased.

which is why it's important to pay attention to what's going on so that
evasive maneuvers can be taken if needed.

Again, even the most attentive driver can be blindsided by another reckless
driver. Fact of life.

nothing is perfect, but an attentive driver can often avoid collisions
that otherwise would have occurred.

Not always, which is why it is best to use the safety features that are
available, including the seat belt.

Use safety features to prevent likely problems by all means, but to be scared of the unlikely is quite frankly pathetic.

--
"Get as far away from the nuclear explosion as possible" - Rodney McKay, Stargate Atlantis.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 04:23:19 -0000, Jolly Roger wrote:

nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Pay attention. Who is to blame has absolutely nothing to do with the
fact that seatbelts make people safer.

it has everything to do with it. cops put people at risk with their
chases.

Nope. That doesn't change the fact that in generally you are safer with a
seatbelt than without.

So a seatbelt is a cop defender? You really have problems with your train of thought.

--
Any god who requires worship is not worth being worshipped.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-01-24 03:37:15 +0000, nospam said:

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Pay attention. Who is to blame has absolutely nothing to do with the
fact that seatbelts make people safer.

it has everything to do with it. cops put people at risk with their
chases.

most of the time, the chase is for something minor that doesn't justify
putting tens of thousands of people across multiple cities and towns at
risk. had the cops not given chase, those people would be safer.

So, the aware driver is going to be safer with his/her seat belt
buckled in anticiption of that inevitable dangerous and irresponsible
police pursuit meeting him/her at some intersection on the route he/she
is driving.

You need to change a word there. "Inevitable" becomes "unlikely". And you need the word "marginally" before the word "safer".

--
Any god who requires worship is not worth being worshipped.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2016 12:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:08:46 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2016 12:53 AM, nospam wrote:

the key is to *avoid* the collision in the first place.

Yes, but often when stopped there is no place to go. A few years ago an
entire family was killed at a toll booth. Last year two kids were
killed in the car stopped at a light.They were not belted in. May have
made a difference.

Are you a reporter? The media loves to take a few little uncommon
examples and make it sound as though it could happen to you. It most
likely won't.

I was broadsided by a big truck. Minor injury that could have been
worse had I not been belted. That was many years ago. Car was totaled,
I had a cut on my head. Yep, can happen.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

On 2/21/2016 12:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:08:46 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/24/2016 12:53 AM, nospam wrote:

the key is to *avoid* the collision in the first place.

Yes, but often when stopped there is no place to go. A few years ago an
entire family was killed at a toll booth. Last year two kids were
killed in the car stopped at a light.They were not belted in. May have
made a difference.

Are you a reporter? The media loves to take a few little uncommon
examples and make it sound as though it could happen to you. It most
likely won't.

I was broadsided by a big truck. Minor injury that could have been
worse had I not been belted. That was many years ago. Car was totaled,
I had a cut on my head. Yep, can happen.

Seatbelt + airbag saved me from serious injury here. I was left hanging
from the seatbelt in the upside-down car. When the airbags deployed, my
right hand was blown off the steering wheel up through the now
shattered moon-roof. That chewed my hand up quite a bit, but that was
not what I would term serious.
https://db.tt/dZhU973f
https://db.tt/OLKLNJdH
https://db.tt/J5p5VwtT

....and it was my fault, I shouldn't have been driving after working two
20 hour days in a row, I fell asleep at the wheel. I replaced that Ford
Contour with a used Mercedes 560SEL.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Oh look, two examples of it happening. Now find out how many people never even have a minor scrape in their cars. Work out the percentage, then stop worrying about it. I haven't built a nuclear fallout shelter either, and I reckon that chances of needing one are similar to the chances of needing a seatbelt. But.... a shelter just sits there out of the way until you need it. I don't want the inconvenience of putting ****ing belt on all the time.

--
A doctor held a stethoscope up to a man's chest. The man asks, "Doc, how do I stand? "
The doctor says, "That's what puzzles me!"
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

In that case don't inconvenience yourself, just don't use the "****ing
belt". You might need to disable the seat-belt alarm if you don't want
that driving you crazy with its insistent nagging buzz.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

I don't, but I object to having to pretend I'm wearing one every time I see a cop.

You might need to disable the seat-belt alarm if you don't want
that driving you crazy with its insistent nagging buzz.

Easy enough. Taxi drivers all do it - you get a seatbelt clip with no belt on it and leave it in the socket all the time.

--
Mrs. Jones is having her house painted, and her husband comes home from work and leans against the freshly painted wall.
The next day, she says to the painter, "You wanna see where my husband put his hand last night?"
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

I've had a few situations in my life where the seatbelt kept me from
smacking into the dashboard or seat in front of me, when the driver has
had to brake suddenly. I wouldn't have been seriously injured, but why
be bruised and cut, and possibly even suffer dental damage, without the
need?

One of my sisters was in a rather serious accident and her seatbelt kept
her securely restrained, and her rear passenger from flying forwards
through the headrest and into her.

An ex-girlfriend was in a crash that wrote off her first Volkswagen New
Beetle. Her seatbelt kept her from ramming her body up into the
dashboard and roof (due to the physics of the particular crash), and the
airbag cushioned her head. Side note: for a little car, her New Beetle
did very well at protecting the occupant, for which I was most thankful
given my attachment to the driver.

Ask pretty much any rational person who has driven or been driven for
years, and they'll tell you of at least a time when being belted kept
them securely in place during a sudden brake.

But continue with your absurd belief that you can somehow predict when
it's safe not to be belted in :-D You're a joke, mate. Worse - a
dangerous joke.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Braking isn't sudden enough to make you hit the dashboard of the car. Unless you're a double amputee.

Better not to crash in the first place, you seem to know a hell of a lot of **** drivers.

--
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Gosh, it isnt? Oh yeah - your magic that would magically instantly
detect trouble magically ahead of time, make you aware, and have your
arms read to prevent such an incident.

[...]

Sorry, I dont know a magic that will affect the world arround me and
prevent anything bad happening. Care to share?
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Do your brakes come on before you press the pedal then? Why do you think you take longer to protect yourself from movement than to press the pedal?

[...]

Learn to drive better.

--
Have you heard the slogan for Trojan's new "Stealth" Condom?
"They'll never see you coming."
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 07:17:17 -0000, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

nospam wrote:

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Or you are going through a green light and some jackass in the
right-hand turn lane in a multi-lane cross street, who cannot be easily
seen due to other cars obscuring that lane, and is running from cops,
plows into your car doing 80 mph. Some things simply cannot be
realistically avoided, and seat belts along with air bags DO matter.

blame the cops for that. car chases put innocent people at risk.

Pay attention. Who is to blame has absolutely nothing to do with the
fact that seatbelts make people safer.

And it also has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that sometimes
even someone who is paying attention can be blindsided.

there are no guarantees. nothing is perfect.

the point is that if drivers were paying attention, they could avoid
collisions.

what's a common excuse after a crash? "i didn't see you" or "he came
out of nowhere". had they been paying attention, they would have seen
the other vehicle *before* the crash.

I often groan when I hear 'he came out of nowhere', as if a car
magically materialised out of nothing.

It's those idiots that are causing **** like DRLs to appear, as if somehow they'll spot those. The fact is they weren't paying attention.

But attention won't help when the unexpected happens too quickly for the
average person to spot it and react. And sometimes even if they've time
to react, there are only less awful options, with no good options
available.

That is so rare it's not worth worrying about. And if you do want to worry about it, then always expect the unexpected. Drive defensively.

--
Baby robins eat 14 feet of worms a day.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 02:19:28 -0000, nospam wrote:

In article , tlvp
wrote:

there are a *lot* of situations where paying attention means being able
to avoid a collision.

And in the cases where it cannot be avoided.
Wearing a seatbelt is generally safer.

nobody said otherwise.

the key is to *avoid* the collision in the first place.

Yes, and all the more so "in the cases where it cannot be avoided."

much of the time, a collision can be avoided. people need to take
responsibility for what happens.

I say remove all car insurance. If you crash, you pay for your own car's damage. That would make people avoid each other way more, no matter who is at fault. The current way of thinking for a lot of people is "he shouldn't be there, it's up to him to get out of the way or he'll have to pay for the damage".

--
My sex life is so bad that when I called one of those phone sex lines,
a voice came on and said, "Not tonight. I have an earache."

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

LOL at your child-like view of the world in which nothing ever happens
unexpectedly.

[...]

Will that magically give me magical awareness of everything around me
even if I can't see it, what other drivers are thinking, and a magical
ability to extrapolate the correct possibility from complex events? Can
you explain how your magic works. I'd love to know :-)

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

That's not what I said. Read what I wrote again. If you don't have time to react, you don't have time to brake anymore than you have time to brace yourself.

[...]

It's not magic. It's called defensive driving, look it up.

--
What is the first thing a blonde learns when she takes driving lessons?
You can also sit upright in a car.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Tens of thousands of people die in car crashes every year. *Millions* of
people are injured every year. And that's just in the US.

I haven't built a nuclear fallout shelter either, and I reckon that
chances of needing one are similar to the chances of needing a
seatbelt.

So, you fail at doing the math.

But.... a shelter just sits there out of the way until you need it. I
don't want the inconvenience of putting ****ing belt on all the time.

Ohnoes! It is so inconvenient!

But, frankly, I don't care if you wear a seatbelt as long as you make
sure you DIE in any accident and not be seriously injured and a drain on
society for your stupidity.

--
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

No, not acceptable. When he gets seriously injured and takes up hundreds
or thousands of hours of care because of his stupidity and takes resources
that should go to other people then it's not just his decision. If he
installs poisoned fletchettes in his air bag so that his is definitely
killed in any accident, *then* his (idiotic) "choice" to not wear a
seatbelt is allowable.

--
I hear hurricanes a-blowing, I know the end is coming soon. I fear
rivers over-flowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

[...]

Mainly useless drivers. By all means wear your seatbelt just after you've passed your test.

I haven't built a nuclear fallout shelter either, and I reckon that
chances of needing one are similar to the chances of needing a
seatbelt.

So, you fail at doing the math.

In the UK we can do more than one math, we call it maths.

So, what "math" do you use to work ou the chances of a politician starting a nuclear war?

But.... a shelter just sits there out of the way until you need it. I
don't want the inconvenience of putting ****ing belt on all the time.

Ohnoes! It is so inconvenient!

It is if you get in and out of your car 100 times a day. It's also way more comfortable if you don't wear one, and much easier to lean forwards to get a better view at junctions.

But, frankly, I don't care if you wear a seatbelt

If only the law was as sensible as you.

as long as you make
sure you DIE in any accident and not be seriously injured and a drain on
society for your stupidity.

If you don't like free medicine for all, change that, not this.

--
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
- Army preventative maintainance publication

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

If you don't like free medicine, change that not this. Consider if someone goes hillwalking in a storm. Is that illegal?

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

wrote:
[...]

Oh, then you'd consider it wise to wear a seatbelt :-)

[...]

I'm unaware of defensive driving providing perfect magical insight into
the world beyond what one can see and reliably predict. I wish to know
more about this sorcery, please :-)

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:20:57 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

Oh look, two examples of it happening.

Yes, and a sample size of -- what's the readership of this thread -- 10 ?
Even 20, say: that'd be one in 10 that it happened to, pretty significant.

Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:42:51 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

Do your brakes come on before you press the pedal then?

Every single time, when I'm the passenger, silly. Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In message
Mr Macaw wrote:

If you don't like free medicine for all, change that, not this.

It doesn't matter if the medical care is free or not, YOUR stupidity
should not be taking medical professionals time away from people less
stupid than you.

--
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES BART A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES
BART A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES BART A DULL BOY Bart

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

Notice I said nothing about cost.

--
If puns are outlawed, only outlaws will have puns.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:
[...]

What else could "hundreds or thousands of hours of care" mean?

--
During the weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives.
From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 12:50:55 -0000, Lewis wrote:

In message
Mr Macaw wrote:

If you don't like free medicine for all, change that, not this.

It doesn't matter if the medical care is free or not, YOUR stupidity
should not be taking medical professionals time away from people less
stupid than you.

It should if I'm paying for it.

--
More than 10,000 people in England and Wales required professional treatment for injuries caused by home telephones in 2002.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 06:25:32 -0000, tlvp wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:42:51 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

Do your brakes come on before you press the pedal then?

Every single time, when I'm the passenger, silly. Cheers, -- tlvp

So what you're saying is your reactions are slower than the driver?

--
What's the best form of birth control after 50?
Nudity.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 06:19:38 -0000, tlvp wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:20:57 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

Oh look, two examples of it happening.

Yes, and a sample size of -- what's the readership of this thread -- 10 ?
Even 20, say: that'd be one in 10 that it happened to, pretty significant.

Look up "dataset" and find out why you need a big one.