Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 2016-02-21 17:51:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

On 2/21/2016 12:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:08:46 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/24/2016 12:53 AM, nospam wrote:

the key is to *avoid* the collision in the first place.

Yes, but often when stopped there is no place to go. A few years ago an
entire family was killed at a toll booth. Last year two kids were
killed in the car stopped at a light.They were not belted in. May have
made a difference.

Are you a reporter? The media loves to take a few little uncommon
examples and make it sound as though it could happen to you. It most
likely won't.

I was broadsided by a big truck. Minor injury that could have been
worse had I not been belted. That was many years ago. Car was totaled,
I had a cut on my head. Yep, can happen.

Seatbelt + airbag saved me from serious injury here. I was left hanging
from the seatbelt in the upside-down car. When the airbags deployed, my
right hand was blown off the steering wheel up through the now
shattered moon-roof. That chewed my hand up quite a bit, but that was
not what I would term serious.
https://db.tt/dZhU973f
https://db.tt/OLKLNJdH
https://db.tt/J5p5VwtT

...and it was my fault, I shouldn't have been driving after working two
20 hour days in a row, I fell asleep at the wheel. I replaced that Ford
Contour with a used Mercedes 560SEL.

Oh look, two examples of it happening. Now find out how many people never even have a minor scrape in their cars. Work out the percentage, then stop worrying about it. I haven't built a nuclear fallout shelter either, and I reckon that chances of needing one are similar to the chances of needing a seatbelt. But.... a shelter just sits there out of the way until you need it. I don't want the inconvenience of putting ****ing belt on all the time.

--
A doctor held a stethoscope up to a man's chest. The man asks, "Doc, how do I stand? "
The doctor says, "That's what puzzles me!"