Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another bad day for Uncle Monster

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:54:31 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/6/2015 5:16 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 5:36:13 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
At the risk of sounding a bit over the top pompous,
I do believe there is great difference between LDS
and other blessings. Ours work, because we have the
priesthood.

Did I sound pompous? Hope not.
-
.

I was raised Roman Catholic and there is a priesthood

in that religion. My oldest brother attended a seminary
when he was a youngster but decided he didn't want to
be a priest when he reached puberty and got interested
in girls. I always treat proselytizers with respect
until it becomes apparent that they don't comprehend
the meaning of three simple words in the English
language, "No thank you." I don't like to be mean and
nasty to people unless they force it out of me. If a
priest of any faith were to visit me, I would be polite,
respectful and thank them for their prayers and blessing
but I'm not soliciting visits by clergy and really don't
want the distraction. Thank you for your concern and if
your priest wishes to Email a blessing, I'd thank him.
God be with you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heathen Monster

Thanks for clearing that up. I also try to be
polite when possible. Not always possible, but
that's life in this planet.

Emailing a blessing isn't possible. Needs to be
in person, hands on. Fun idea, though.
--
.

If you believe in the power of prayer, you should believe that it works at a distance as many people do. One day it be scientifically proven by the physics of quantum entanglement. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Physics Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 10:41:47 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I suspect few here even know what entanglement is. Einstein called it
"spooky action at a distance", which seems to fit, because it is indeed
very bizarre, out of this world stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 10:09:23 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I had to leave college and go to work in the real world before I could get my degree in physics but I've never lost my love of science which has been with me since I was a child. Twins often have a strong psychic link and I firmly believe in some sort of connection between people. When I was in college, I had a very interesting experience. I suddenly had a feeling of dread come over me while I was at the library and it made me very antsy. It turns out that some dear friends of mine had been in an automobile accident at the very time the odd feeling came over me. No one died but a gal I'd known since the first grade was injured. Before caller ID became available to consumers, I'd often answer the phone using the name of close friends when I said hello. It wasn't unusual for me to call a close friend and have them exclaim that they were just thinking of me. I haven't noticed it lately but it happened quite often when I was a young man. An uncomfortable feeling seems to only come over me now when a friend dies. I'm not a spiritual person but I've always suspected there was a plane of existence beyond our normal capacity to sense or comprehend. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spirit Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another bad day for RINOs

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 16:40:51 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Ben Carson took an oath to do no harm. He'd make a good President. ^_^

Yeah, if you want a president with such a poor grasp of science that
he thinks evolution isn't real. Or because men who go into prison and
get forced into homosexual acts it means they have chosen to be
homosexuals and that proves homosexuality is a choice. He has ONE
skill, surgical skill, that's it.

Are you suggesting Dr. Carson should be denied his beliefs or opinions
and are you trained and familiar with homosexuals in prisons?

If a man holds a penis in his mouth until the swelling goes down, he
might be a homosexual homo sapiens. Because he didn't suck at it
doesn't mean he isn't queer.

Prisoners called "wolves", participate in homosexual acts but would
swear on a stack of Bibles they are not homosexual. Then there are the
weak victims that voluntarily participate because of the sexual
predators roaming the range. One such weakling was caught with "one in
his ass, one in his mouth, and one in each hand" caught in the prison
Chapel. He was segregated, but later waived his protection and went
back to what he was doing.

Some of the homosexuals are staff members. And. Prey on prisoners.

Not places people ever see in reality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 06:27:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

What have the others DONE?

Walker turned Wisconsin around, closed a huge deficit, took on the public
employees unions that were busting the state with their overly generous
benefits and salary packages. Kasich has done similar in PA. Both are
in their second terms as governor in a tough environment. Christie has a fantastic record as
a US Attorney, including convicting scores of corrupt NJ politicians and
those bribing them, using many sting operations. He's done a pretty good
job of governing NJ, closing a huge deficit, and he did it with both the
Senate and Assembly controlled by liberal Democrats. If he had a GOP
state house, he would have done a lot more.

In fairness to Bush, he did Florida well.

"...The chart above shows that Bush cut spending the most.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/28/fact-check-which-republican-candidates-actually-cut-spending/?intcmp=hphz05

As to Carly?

"...“The man that led my firing, Tom Perkins, just took out a
full-page ad in the New York Times to say he was wrong, I was right. I
was a terrific CEO, the board was dysfunctional. And he thinks I will
make a magnificent president of the United States,” she said.

In that ad, Perkins gushed that Fiorina “had the strength of character
and courage of conviction” to stand up to HPs board and added that
“not only did she save the company from the dire straits it was in,
she laid the foundation for HP’s future growth.”

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/21/the-many-controversies-of-carlys-billionaire-defender/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/6/2015 10:41 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:54:31 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Emailing a blessing isn't possible. Needs to be
in person, hands on. Fun idea, though.
--
.

If you believe in the power of prayer, you

should believe that it works at a distance as
many people do. One day it be scientifically
proven by the physics of quantum entanglement. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Physics Monster

I plan to be in the temple this evening. Hey, if I put
you on the prayer roll, we can test to see if the
inverse square law applies. Foot candles and all.

You should get a gentle glow this evening.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 4:38:39 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/6/2015 10:41 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:54:31 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Emailing a blessing isn't possible. Needs to be
in person, hands on. Fun idea, though.
--
.

If you believe in the power of prayer, you

should believe that it works at a distance as
many people do. One day it be scientifically
proven by the physics of quantum entanglement. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Physics Monster

I plan to be in the temple this evening. Hey, if I put
you on the prayer roll, we can test to see if the
inverse square law applies. Foot candles and all.

You should get a gentle glow this evening.
-
.

Now how could I turn that down? Thanks, I'll let you know if I glow in the dark this evening. Every little bit helps. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Glowing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/6/2015 6:45 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Delay. I'm too tired for temple. I'm going to bed
early. I'll mention you in my prayers, hope the
inverse square law doesn't dilute it too much.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 6:01:22 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Thanks, every little bit helps. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prayer Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 05:53:50 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I found this interesting, it's what Glenn Beck thinks about Trump.
GB is the classic, angry, fed-up, guy that would certainly welcome
a candidate from outside the "establishment", if he thought the
candidate was reasonable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/us...come.html?_r=0

"When Mr. Trump came out strong in the primary polls, the conservative radio personality Glenn Beck, who also owns The Blaze, a TV and digital news outlet, reached out to Mr. Trump's office to arrange for him to come on the program. But Mr. Beck's interest in Mr. Trump appears to have cooled. He has had Mr. Carson, Mrs. Fiorina and Mr. Cruz on his nationally syndicated radio program, but said he no longer had any interest in "the circus" of hosting Mr. Trump.

"I think he's a schoolyard bully who does not reflect any of the values and principles that I see from Americans on both sides," Mr. Beck said, expressing frustration that the anger Mr. Trump has tapped into is often associated with the Tea Party. "He's not a Tea Party guy," he said.

Sounds like the same page we're on, Oren.

Trump's latest on eminent domain. He wiggles like a worm. He tried to
get a home from a window, lost in court. When she died the heirs sold
to him.

_Donald Trump's defense of eminent domain draws fire_

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4540950777001/donald-trumps-defense-of-eminent-domain-draws-fire/?playlist_id=2114913880001&intcmp=hphz03#sp=show-clips

Or https://tinyurl.com/okpjo9g

_Kelo v. City of New London_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:49:36 AM UTC-7, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Agreed.
Decades ago, also while in college, it's a Sunday evening and I got this "cold feeling" come over me and almost called my step-parents (an aunt and her husband) but didn't (was never all that close to them)
A hour or two later, the dorm resident came to my room and said there was phone call for me. My step-parents told me my birth mother had died that afternoon.
I had only seen her twice in my memory
(she had been institutionalize when I was only a few months old after my dad was killed in a solo car crash)
Over the years, often had "meaningful" dreams learning things (good and bad) from girlfriends they later confirmed as true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 12:53:23 PM UTC-5, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
[...]

It's one of those unexplained mysteries. I wonder if some day there will be a way to perform repeatable scientific measurements of the way people seem to connect on a different plane of existence. We are all electrochemical machines with an electric field of our own surrounding us. I must wonder if there is something like "The Force" from Star Wars, an electrical field encompassing all living things and we each affect this field like a pebbled tossed into a pond which causes waves that travel through the field. Oh well, thinking about it can make your head hurt. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electric Monster

[8~{} Uncle Psychic Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2015 3:16 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

It's one of those unexplained mysteries. I wonder if some day there will be a way to perform repeatable scientific measurements of the way people seem to connect on a different plane of existence. We are all electrochemical machines with an electric field of our own surrounding us. I must wonder if there is something like "The Force" from Star Wars, an electrical field encompassing all living things and we each affect this field like a pebbled tossed into a pond which causes waves that travel through the field. Oh well, thinking about it can make your head hurt. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electric Monster

[8~{} Uncle Psychic Monster

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 15:42:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?

Mormons will not behead you for insulting their god so it's OK to tease and make fun of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Insult Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?

Mormons will not behead you for insulting their god so it's OK to tease and make fun of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Insult Monster

My sense of Mitt is that he's a Massachussets
liberal. As such, don't like him.

I didn't vote for him or any other Presidental
candidate. I'm only empowered to vote for electors.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 12:26:19 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Trump's latest on eminent domain. He wiggles like a worm. He tried to
get a home from a window, lost in court. When she died the heirs sold
to him.

_Donald Trump's defense of eminent domain draws fire_

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4540950777001/donald-trumps-defense-of-eminent-domain-draws-fire/?playlist_id=2114913880001&intcmp=hphz03#sp=show-clips

Or https://tinyurl.com/okpjo9g

_Kelo v. City of New London_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London

That's a good data point too. Another thing that if any other GOP
candidate held such a pro eminent domain position, the Trumpies
would be calling them a Rino. It's another example where most of
them are either clueless about the real Trump or a few shouts of
"Look at Mexico", is enough to distract them.

I see McCarthy is now out. The fact that no one with experience,
even wants the job is a sign of how dysfunctional and bizarre
Congress has gotten. Paul Ryan would be my choice, but he says
he doesn't want it. It is a good thing though that the GOP is
looking for new ideas, new leadership, people from outside, both
in Congress and for president. No evidence at all of that from
the Democrats and given the mood of many voters, they do that at
their own peril.

Another example of how screwed up this govt is. Congress has
been talking about passing Kate's Law for months now. Neither
house has taken it up for a vote. This is the law that would
require a 5 year mandatory sentence for any illegal alien that
is deported with an aggravated felony record and tries to re-enter.
I think it's way to lenient, I'd make it for any felony. But
even as proposed, it still hasn't been passed. I watched O'Reilly
last night and he says his staff or he has talked to all GOP
Senators and they all say they would vote yes. Yet, Mitch McConnell
has it combined with a bill to cut funding for sanctuary cities.
How dumb is that? The Kate thing is far less controversial and
would be a litmus test, let all the Senate and House vote on it.
Do the same thing with another bill for the sanctuary city thing.
Anybody who votes no, can explain it to their voters. O'reilly
also said McConnell would not return the many calls he made to
try to reach him. Now that is a Rino for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?

Mormons will not behead you for insulting their god so it's OK to tease and
make fun of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Insult Monster

but the auto-da-fe loved burning heretics at the stake, so did New
Englanders
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 2:11:41 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?

Mormons will not behead you for insulting their god so it's OK to tease and
make fun of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Insult Monster

but the auto-da-fe loved burning heretics at the stake, so did New
Englanders

I believe Christians have outgrown that kind of behavior, Muslims are still stuck in the 13th century so anything goes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heathen Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 05:18:46 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

I swear politician's spines are not connected to their skull.

Need some humor?

Trump holds 25-year grudge over 'short-fingered' accusation?

Oct. 09, 2015 - 3:22 - Writer Graydon Carter says the 2016 candidate
still sends him mail defending the length of his fingers. The 'Red
Eye' panel reacts

https://tinyurl.com/nzmclgp

I love America

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

About two days after my confirmation, I noticed promptings
from the Holy Ghost. Twenty five years later, I still get
promptings, and personal revelation.

What did the Holy Ghost tell you about voting for Mit Rommey? Mormons
believe in "revelations". Did you vote for a Mormon?

Mormons will not behead you for insulting their god so it's OK to tease
and
make fun of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Insult Monster

but the auto-da-fe loved burning heretics at the stake, so did New
Englanders

I believe Christians have outgrown that kind of behavior, Muslims are still
stuck in the 13th century so anything goes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heathen Monster

Tell that to the KKK, they were famous for hanging your relatives,
weren't they and they were christians