until it becomes apparent that they don't comprehend
the meaning of three simple words in the English
language, "No thank you." I don't like to be mean and
nasty to people unless they force it out of me. If a
priest of any faith were to visit me, I would be polite,
respectful and thank them for their prayers and blessing
but I'm not soliciting visits by clergy and really don't
want the distraction. Thank you for your concern and if
your priest wishes to Email a blessing, I'd thank him.
God be with you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heathen Monster

Thanks for clearing that up. I also try to be
polite when possible. Not always possible, but
that's life in this planet.

Emailing a blessing isn't possible. Needs to be
in person, hands on. Fun idea, though.
--

If you believe in the power of prayer, you should believe that it works at a distance as many people do. One day it be scientifically proven by the physics of quantum entanglement. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Physics Monster

I suspect few here even know what entanglement is. Einstein called it
"spooky action at a distance", which seems to fit, because it is indeed
very bizarre, out of this world stuff.

I had to leave college and go to work in the real world before I could get my degree in physics but I've never lost my love of science which has been with me since I was a child. Twins often have a strong psychic link and I firmly believe in some sort of connection between people. When I was in college, I had a very interesting experience. I suddenly had a feeling of dread come over me while I was at the library and it made me very antsy. It turns out that some dear friends of mine had been in an automobile accident at the very time the odd feeling came over me. No one died but a gal I'd known since the first grade was injured. Before caller ID became available to consumers, I'd often answer the phone using the name of close friends when I said hello. It wasn't unusual for me to call a close friend and have them exclaim that they were just thinking of me. I haven't noticed it lately but it happened quite often when I was a young man. An uncomfortable feeling seems to only come over me now when a friend dies. I'm not a spiritual person but I've always suspected there was a plane of existence beyond our normal capacity to sense or comprehend. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spirit Monster

Agreed.
Decades ago, also while in college, it's a Sunday evening and I got this "cold feeling" come over me and almost called my step-parents (an aunt and her husband) but didn't (was never all that close to them)
A hour or two later, the dorm resident came to my room and said there was phone call for me. My step-parents told me my birth mother had died that afternoon.
I had only seen her twice in my memory
(she had been institutionalize when I was only a few months old after my dad was killed in a solo car crash)
Over the years, often had "meaningful" dreams learning things (good and bad) from girlfriends they later confirmed as true.

It's one of those unexplained mysteries. I wonder if some day there will be a way to perform repeatable scientific measurements of the way people seem to connect on a different plane of existence. We are all electrochemical machines with an electric field of our own surrounding us. I must wonder if there is something like "The Force" from Star Wars, an electrical field encompassing all living things and we each affect this field like a pebbled tossed into a pond which causes waves that travel through the field. Oh well, thinking about it can make your head hurt. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electric Monster

[8~{} Uncle Psychic Monster