Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt? payroll

On 07/03/2015 05:54 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/3/2015 4:31 PM, T wrote:
On 07/03/2015 01:26 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
What is your definition of gouging?

There are other cost associated with selling parts that
the mark up has to cover, such as the cost of the inventory
space and the cost of parts that you may or may not sell
but have to have on hand anyway. Warehouse space ain't
cheap.

Price gouging is a term used by ignorant ingrates
when the cost of providing a service goes way up,
due to supply and demand. Such as after a hurricane
when demand goes way up, but supply goes way down.

But people want to pay the low price of the high
supply, low demand days. And so they clamor and
protest, rather than being grateful for all the
extra risk and effort the supplier put forth to
meet the needs of the ingrates.

Such people need to be told to shop around for a
better price, and quit trying to use the force of
government to do what is not feasable.

Hi Chris,

You had to stock the damned thing and did not make a cent of
interest off it. And, you had to stock a number of things
that yo may never sell to cover all contingencies. Plus
you had to pay for space to store them. And you hand delivered
it them. No wasted gas, time, or head scratching on their
part. NEXT TIME, DO IT YOURSELF!!!

I get tired of hearing about dishonest businessmen.
Yes, they are out there. What about dishonest customers?
My experience is they out number dishonest businessmen
by about 20x.

And you know we self employed folks just sit around
all day wearing sandals and drinking drinks with little
umbrellas in them whilst we order other folks around.

I feel your pain!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt? Choose any two.

On 7/3/2015 9:08 PM, T wrote:

Hi Chris,

You had to stock the damned thing and did not make a cent of
interest off it. And, you had to stock a number of things
that yo may never sell to cover all contingencies. Plus
you had to pay for space to store them. And you hand delivered
it them. No wasted gas, time, or head scratching on their
part. NEXT TIME, DO IT YOURSELF!!!

I get tired of hearing about dishonest businessmen.
Yes, they are out there. What about dishonest customers?
My experience is they out number dishonest businessmen
by about 20x.

And you know we self employed folks just sit around
all day wearing sandals and drinking drinks with little
umbrellas in them whilst we order other folks around.

I feel your pain!

-T

When my Dad was employed, he had a sign over his desk:

GOOD
FAST
CHEAP
----------------
choose any two

In this case, she got good and fast. The other
companies she called were booked for several days.
I think she actually got all three, I ought have
charged her for rush.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie®" wrote in message ...

Vic Smith posted for all of us...

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:03:16 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 04:42:54 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Huh? Muted?
You sound a little fusked up, little feller.
Whatz up with that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/04/2015 05:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/3/2015 9:08 PM, T wrote:

[...]

I worked for plumber once that told me he had gotten an emergency
call from a lady that week. When his guys showed up, so did four
(may have been five) plumbers. She told them that she intended to
give the job to the one that showed up first. They ALL turned
around and left.

I have had a few customers tell me something to the effect that
they had called several people, but who ever showed up first
got he job. I declined.

Thing is about jumping through ridiculous hoops: these kinds
of people are not loyal. They don't become a permanent
customer because they got the King's treatment. It far
better to give your actual customers the King's treatment.
You know the ones that say thank you and shake your hand
and tip you! Them's the ones that go to the top of the list.

There is an appliance repairman about 2 hours drive from here
I am always asking for technical advice from. I always send
him a check for consulting. He bends over backward to help
me over the phone. Hmmmmmmm ...

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2015 5:52 PM, T wrote:

[...]

One similar moment, the plumber said he'd do the
job only after she paid the others a trip charge
for coming out. I thought that was reasonable.

Yes, I do need to write more thank you letters and
also should send money with the thank you letters.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2015 5:52 PM, T wrote:
Thing is about jumping through ridiculous hoops: these kinds
of people are not loyal. They don't become a permanent
customer because they got the King's treatment. It far
better to give your actual customers the King's treatment.
You know the ones that say thank you and shake your hand
and tip you! Them's the ones that go to the top of the list.

I've never really formalized it, but I do have an
off the cuff priority system. Life safety comes
first, the kid locked in the car before the warm
refrigerator.

Some where along the lines, my long term customers
who send lots of work get attention before Miss
Myrtle who wants a light bulb tightened.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/05/2015 05:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One similar moment, the plumber said he'd do the
job only after she paid the others a trip charge
for coming out. I thought that was reasonable

1 +++++++++
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/05/2015 05:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/4/2015 5:52 PM, T wrote:
Thing is about jumping through ridiculous hoops: these kinds
of people are not loyal. They don't become a permanent
customer because they got the King's treatment. It far
better to give your actual customers the King's treatment.
You know the ones that say thank you and shake your hand
and tip you! Them's the ones that go to the top of the list.

I've never really formalized it, but I do have an
off the cuff priority system. Life safety comes
first, the kid locked in the car before the warm
refrigerator.

There is always the temptation to service the squeaky wheel.
It is to be resisted. It always comes to naught. They
never become a long term customer.

Some where along the lines, my long term customers
who send lots of work get attention before Miss
Myrtle who wants a light bulb tightened.

I was at a machine shop last week. They have tons of lathes.
This where the part spins and the drill stand still. It
always cracks me up to watch. Reminds me of the joke about
how to change a light bulb and spinning the latter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2015 3:30 PM, T wrote:

I've never really formalized it, but I do have an
off the cuff priority system. Life safety comes
first, the kid locked in the car before the warm
refrigerator.

There is always the temptation to service the squeaky wheel.
It is to be resisted. It always comes to naught. They
never become a long term customer.

Some where along the lines, my long term customers
who send lots of work get attention before Miss
Myrtle who wants a light bulb tightened.

I was at a machine shop last week. They have tons of lathes.
This where the part spins and the drill stand still. It
always cracks me up to watch. Reminds me of the joke about
how to change a light bulb and spinning the latter.

I think you're right, that the loud customers seldom
turn into long term and profitable ones. Last week, I
responded to the guy locked into the house before the
store with the drawer lock that was broken.

There is a similar joke about teenage girls changing
light bulb. Hold the bulb in the air and wait for the
world to revolve around them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/07/2015 05:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/6/2015 3:30 PM, T wrote:

[...]

You will love this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/8/2015 12:00 AM, T wrote:
On 07/07/2015 05:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
There is a similar joke about teenage girls changing
light bulb. Hold the bulb in the air and wait for the
world to revolve around them.

You will love this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

When I first saw this, I thought it was funny.
Now, seeing the stereotypes, I'm less amused.
A bit derogatory of women with blonde hair.
Less amusing, now.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2015 12:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/8/2015 12:00 AM, T wrote:
On 07/07/2015 05:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
There is a similar joke about teenage girls changing
light bulb. Hold the bulb in the air and wait for the
world to revolve around them.

You will love this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

When I first saw this, I thought it was funny.
Now, seeing the stereotypes, I'm less amused.
A bit derogatory of women with blonde hair.
Less amusing, now.

I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/8/2015 12:00 AM, T wrote:
On 07/07/2015 05:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
There is a similar joke about teenage girls changing
light bulb. Hold the bulb in the air and wait for the
world to revolve around them.

You will love this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

When I first saw this, I thought it was funny.
Now, seeing the stereotypes, I'm less amused.
A bit derogatory of women with blonde hair.
Less amusing, now.

I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.

Well I'm offended, cuz, um, cuz, um......... o_O

[8~{} Uncle Confused Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/8/2015 4:41 PM, T wrote:
On 07/08/2015 12:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

When I first saw this, I thought it was funny.
Now, seeing the stereotypes, I'm less amused.
A bit derogatory of women with blonde hair.
Less amusing, now.

I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.

How can you say that, you racist, bigot, sexist,
mysogenist, blondophobic baby seal clubbing, child
starving, Republican, throwing granny off the cliff,
oil dumping, earth polluting, hydrofracking, did I
get them all, uh, what was I talking about?

Sigh. Now, you won't take me seriously.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/8/2015 4:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 3:41:20 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.

Well I'm offended, cuz, um, cuz, um......... o_O

[8~{} Uncle Confused Monster

I think being offended is required to do business,
or hold elected office, now days.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2015 02:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/8/2015 4:41 PM, T wrote:
On 07/08/2015 12:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3q1hLE9gs

When I first saw this, I thought it was funny.
Now, seeing the stereotypes, I'm less amused.
A bit derogatory of women with blonde hair.
Less amusing, now.

I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.

How can you say that, you racist, bigot, sexist,
mysogenist, blondophobic baby seal clubbing, child
starving, Republican, throwing granny off the cliff,
oil dumping, earth polluting, hydrofracking, did I
get them all, uh, what was I talking about?

Dang, you outed me!

Sigh. Now, you won't take me seriously.

So, seal meat, properly tenderized with a club, on the Barbecue
tonight? I am getting tired of unicorn meat. Tastes like horse.

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/8/2015 5:56 PM, T wrote:
I have a number of "blond" customers that save up
blond jokes. This is not meant to be taken
seriously.

How can you say that, you racist, bigot, sexist,
mysogenist, blondophobic baby seal clubbing, child
starving, Republican, throwing granny off the cliff,
oil dumping, earth polluting, hydrofracking, did I
get them all, uh, what was I talking about?

Dang, you outed me!

CY: Well, someone had to do it.

Sigh. Now, you won't take me seriously.

So, seal meat, properly tenderized with a club, on the Barbecue
tonight? I am getting tired of unicorn meat. Tastes like horse.

:-)

CY: I've find it tastes a bit like extinct
spotted owl. It's also a bit like dolphin.

CY: Hey, maybe we can trade? I've got some
albino dolphin that I picked up while I was
starving some Russian orphanage kids.

--
..
Christopher A. Young