Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt? Choose any two.

On 7/4/2015 5:52 PM, T wrote:

Hi Chris,

I worked for plumber once that told me he had gotten an emergency
call from a lady that week. When his guys showed up, so did four
(may have been five) plumbers. She told them that she intended to
give the job to the one that showed up first. They ALL turned
around and left.

I have had a few customers tell me something to the effect that
they had called several people, but who ever showed up first
got he job. I declined.

Thing is about jumping through ridiculous hoops: these kinds
of people are not loyal. They don't become a permanent
customer because they got the King's treatment. It far
better to give your actual customers the King's treatment.
You know the ones that say thank you and shake your hand
and tip you! Them's the ones that go to the top of the list.

There is an appliance repairman about 2 hours drive from here
I am always asking for technical advice from. I always send
him a check for consulting. He bends over backward to help
me over the phone. Hmmmmmmm ...

-T

One similar moment, the plumber said he'd do the
job only after she paid the others a trip charge
for coming out. I thought that was reasonable.

Yes, I do need to write more thank you letters and
also should send money with the thank you letters.

--
..
Christopher A. Young