Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have the receipt? Choose any two.

On 7/6/2015 3:30 PM, T wrote:

I've never really formalized it, but I do have an
off the cuff priority system. Life safety comes
first, the kid locked in the car before the warm
refrigerator.

There is always the temptation to service the squeaky wheel.
It is to be resisted. It always comes to naught. They
never become a long term customer.

Some where along the lines, my long term customers
who send lots of work get attention before Miss
Myrtle who wants a light bulb tightened.

I was at a machine shop last week. They have tons of lathes.
This where the part spins and the drill stand still. It
always cracks me up to watch. Reminds me of the joke about
how to change a light bulb and spinning the latter.

I think you're right, that the loud customers seldom
turn into long term and profitable ones. Last week, I
responded to the guy locked into the house before the
store with the drawer lock that was broken.

There is a similar joke about teenage girls changing
light bulb. Hold the bulb in the air and wait for the
world to revolve around them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young