Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Do you have the receipt? Choose any two.

On 07/04/2015 05:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/3/2015 9:08 PM, T wrote:

Hi Chris,

You had to stock the damned thing and did not make a cent of
interest off it. And, you had to stock a number of things
that yo may never sell to cover all contingencies. Plus
you had to pay for space to store them. And you hand delivered
it them. No wasted gas, time, or head scratching on their
part. NEXT TIME, DO IT YOURSELF!!!

I get tired of hearing about dishonest businessmen.
Yes, they are out there. What about dishonest customers?
My experience is they out number dishonest businessmen
by about 20x.

And you know we self employed folks just sit around
all day wearing sandals and drinking drinks with little
umbrellas in them whilst we order other folks around.

I feel your pain!

-T

When my Dad was employed, he had a sign over his desk:

GOOD
FAST
CHEAP
----------------
choose any two

In this case, she got good and fast. The other
companies she called were booked for several days.
I think she actually got all three, I ought have
charged her for rush.

Hi Chris,

I worked for plumber once that told me he had gotten an emergency
call from a lady that week. When his guys showed up, so did four
(may have been five) plumbers. She told them that she intended to
give the job to the one that showed up first. They ALL turned
around and left.

I have had a few customers tell me something to the effect that
they had called several people, but who ever showed up first
got he job. I declined.

Thing is about jumping through ridiculous hoops: these kinds
of people are not loyal. They don't become a permanent
customer because they got the King's treatment. It far
better to give your actual customers the King's treatment.
You know the ones that say thank you and shake your hand
and tip you! Them's the ones that go to the top of the list.

There is an appliance repairman about 2 hours drive from here
I am always asking for technical advice from. I always send
him a check for consulting. He bends over backward to help
me over the phone. Hmmmmmmm ...

-T