Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

On Tue, 26 May 2015 23:42:58 -0400, wrote:

After all, computers were intended to stop all the paper usage, and I
just email most of my stuff, or view it on my own screen. As far as
photos, most home printers cant do them justice anyhow, unless you
invest a large amount of money in the printer, and ink, and buy costly
special paper. At 15 cents (or less) per photo, at the local pharmacy or
Walmart, why bother buying all that stuff.

Businesses need printers, but not most home users.

I should also mention that the most durable and reliable printers I ever
owned were the old dot matrix ones. Too bad they no longer sell them
(new), or sell the ribbons for them.

I still sell a few brand new Dot Matrix printers every year or so.
OkiData is still right in there, and so are Lexmark and Epson (both FX
and LQ series).

They are still the workhorse on the production floor and in many
warehouses.

Can't buy them at Walmart - or likely not even at Best Buy - but
Staples carries them - and so do many VARs, and guys like me!!

I dont know where you sell, so I am assuming Ebay, but I was not aware
they were still sold as NEW.

If I could get one that I know will work with Windows XP, and still had
access to ribbons, I'd almost consider buying one if it was not too
costly. OkiData and Epson would be considered, but not Lexmark (I have a
bad opinion of Lexmark). My best quality once came from a 24 pin
Panasonic, which was a very popular model at one time.

The good thing about the dot matrix is that the ribbons dont dry out
like ink, from lack of use, and I have had toner go bad in my laser prn
from lack of use too. For top quality print, or photos, I'd go to a
print shop, but it would be nice to have a printer to just do plain text
at home. I wish I still had that Panasonic, and I bet it would still
work (IF they still sell ribbons). I remember when I would print out my
shopping lists and daily notes, back when I had the dot matrix. These
days I just write them with pen and paper, because it just does not seem
worth the cost of expensive printer ink.

So, what is a good quailty NEW dot matrix from OkiData or Epson that is
a 24 pin, works with XP and has ribbons available? (But not real
costly)...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 May 2015 01:28:46 -0400, wrote:

Laser printers seem to do OK just sitting there. There are no ink
cartridges to dry up and get gummy

I don't print a lot but when I do, I want it right then, not after
driving up to Kinkos.

My laser printer suddenly began turning the whole page gray after it did
nothing but sit unused for over a year, after I had moved my computer
(but not the printer), to another house I was staying at. The house with
the printer was not lived in, so it was not air conditioned in hot
weather. I can assume the temperature got above 100deg F. on real hot
days in the house, so I kind of wonder if the toner melted. That was the
printer that only worked on Window 98, so I just tossed it after that
since I was not going to spend the money for another cartridge for a
printer that was not only obsolete, but may have had other problems.

Yea, I would find it much handier to print at home, but not for the
price, considering most of the ink would dry up. I guess the
inconvenience of driving to the print shop 3 or 4 times a year is worth
the savings. However I'd welcome a dot matrix printer again, since they
are very trouble free. And for plain text, like letters and such, that
is all I need.

Its funny in a way, that I was just thinking recently that I started
using computers in the late 1980s, and I got more use out of them during
the 90's than I do now. I only had dos and later on Windows 3.x and
Windows 9.x, but I did all sorts of home tasks, and even ran a small
business at that time. All my printing was done on a dot matrix and cost
me about $10 a year for ribbons and a box of paper.

I had software that could print a simple B&W road map to my destination,
without having to go online, and lots of simple programs for making
posters and signs.

The early internet actually provided the latest news and lots of useful
repair info for darn near anything, while experts and professionals were
out there willing to help anyone who asked for a mere "thank you".

Not no more. Pages are so bloated with useless crap many never get to
the actual news, those damn captchas, sites that provide part of an
article and want to be paid for the rest of it, webpages so overloaded
with scripts that browsers lockup, videos that require high speed
internet ONLY, and a lot of sites that run a person in circles and never
go anywhere. And this dont include the hundreds of links to Facebook,
which is the most worthless thing to ever happen to the internet.
These days the internet and computers are just toys to most people and
the net is just a place to post photos of themselves when they are
drunk, while telling everyone what time they ate breakfast and took a
**** that day.

Usenet is about the only worthwhile thing left on the internet, and it
too is quickly dying. I soon forsee the newsgroups dead, at which time I
am going to pull the plug on the internet. I can email from my
cellphone, which is about the only useful thing left. As far as
computers, I have begun to resurrect my 1990's systems with all the
useful software that I still have on floppies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error
even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely disassembled ,
after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test page then went back to
the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience diagnosing this ? I suspect
there's a sensor in there or something , but I saw nothing while it was
apart . Everything seems to be functioning correctly by direct observation .
The other thiung it does is that when you clear the "jam" by pushing the
proper key on the control panel , if will just keep feeding paper until it
runs out . BTW , I ran the tests with a fresh install of the software on a
comp that's never ran this printer before , so not likely it's a software
problem .
I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one , but I'm about
to go with another brand after this . What really sucks is we just bought 2
pairs of cartridges for it , they were on a really good sale .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

[...]

I know I am probably insulting your intelligence, but since the obvious
is overlooked, have you turned the printer off and then back on again?
Had a similar thing with a Brother and that took care of it/
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't have a solution, but I know
of two things that can cause jamming:
Cheap, thin paper and not having the
siding clamp firmly up against the paper
edge to hold it in place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

[...]

No offemnse taken , and yes I've done that - multiple times . I've been
dealing with this for several days . I've tried everything I could think of
before actually disassembling and cleaning it today .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mayayana wrote:
I don't have a solution, but I know
of two things that can cause jamming:
Cheap, thin paper and not having the
siding clamp firmly up against the paper
edge to hold it in place.

I'm using 20wt G-P paper , the sliding guide only goes to 8.5" . I also
tried some card stock thinking it might be the paper . If it were the paper
, it wouldn't throw a jam error with no paper at all in the printer ... this
paper feeds fine in my Samsung ML-2010 laser printer . I'm thinking the
newer Hp printers are junk ... it really irritates that I just bought 3 sets
of cartridges that are now for all intents and purposes useless to me . (I
mis-typed in my original post , we got 3sets not 2.)

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:59:43 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

[...]

Is that a laser printer or ink jet?

Are you using the same operating system as before?

I had a laser printer years ago that worked alright with Windows 98.
When I upgraded to Windows 2000, it would not work and drivers could not
be gotten. Of course that meant it id not work on Windows XP either.

But even when it did work with Win 98, it always pushed 2 or as many as
10 sheets of paper thru at once. So, I would only feed it one sheet a
time and have to insert another page if the document was bigger. I just
lived with it, and for awhile I used a dedicated computer with Win 98
just for printing, regardless what computer or OS I used to create the
document.

It finally died completely and got tossed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's a color inkjet

Are you using the same operating system as before?

The only OS in use here is XP Pro except the box hooked to the TV , it's
XP home .

I had a laser printer years ago that worked alright with Windows 98.
When I upgraded to Windows 2000, it would not work and drivers could
not be gotten. Of course that meant it id not work on Windows XP
either.

But even when it did work with Win 98, it always pushed 2 or as many
as 10 sheets of paper thru at once. So, I would only feed it one
sheet a time and have to insert another page if the document was
bigger. I just lived with it, and for awhile I used a dedicated
computer with Win 98 just for printing, regardless what computer or
OS I used to create the document.

It finally died completely and got tossed.

This printer was working reasonably well until recently - it had
occasional failures to feed paper . The only change in the home intranet is
a new wireless router , the problems started before it was installed .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a bad paper sensor. It would be a trivial problem if the
printer told which sensor was not reporting correctly. Be sure one is
not blocked by a little chip of paper.

I'll be looking at it some more tomorrow , my frustration level today was
dangerously close to using a hammer on it . I looked for a sensor and didn't
see one , but I might have missed it . Lotta small parts in there !

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:59:45 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one, but I'm about
to go with another brand after this. What really sucks is we just bought 2
pairs of cartridges for it, they were on a really good sale.

Snag

This is usually caused by a bad paper jam or pulling the jammed paper in the opposite direction. The sensor or arm that is out of alignment...without finding and adjusting...it's a lost cause.
I've had good performance from Epson Workforce.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villa wrote:
On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:59:45 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one, but I'm
about to go with another brand after this. What really sucks is we
just bought 2 pairs of cartridges for it, they were on a really good
sale.

Snag

This is usually caused by a bad paper jam or pulling the jammed paper
in the opposite direction. The sensor or arm that is out of
alignment...without finding and adjusting...it's a lost cause. I've
had good performance from Epson Workforce.

Thanks , I'll be looking at it some more tomorrow . You're not the first
to suggest a sensor prproblem .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:48:38 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:59:45 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one, but I'm about
to go with another brand after this. What really sucks is we just bought 2
pairs of cartridges for it, they were on a really good sale.

Snag

Considering the cost of ink for ink jet printers, I would only own a
laser printer. But since I probably print something about 3 times a
year, I just take my data to the library or local print shop and let
them print it. I have not owned a printer for at least 5 years. Printers
seem to screw up from non-use too. I'll just let the library or print
shop deal with the paper jams, costly ink, and all the hassles, and psy
them $10 or $20 a year for my occasional printing needs.

After all, computers were intended to stop all the paper usage, and I
just email most of my stuff, or view it on my own screen. As far as
photos, most home printers cant do them justice anyhow, unless you
invest a large amount of money in the printer, and ink, and buy costly
special paper. At 15 cents (or less) per photo, at the local pharmacy or
Walmart, why bother buying all that stuff.

Businesses need printers, but not most home users.

I should also mention that the most durable and reliable printers I ever
owned were the old dot matrix ones. Too bad they no longer sell them
(new), or sell the ribbons for them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We have had the same problem with officejet pro 8000 printers - and
it is also an issue on the 8500 MFC.

You need to replace the printer.

Not a bad enough problem in my opinion to make me go to a different
brand - I've had worse problems with Lexmarks, Canons, Epsons, Xerox,
and many others.

I've got quite a few 8000s with close to a quarter millin copies on
them, and a whole lot with over 100,000.

I wouldn't, on the other hand, touch a cheap "consumer" printer of any
brand with a ten foot pole any more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 19:33:06 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

I don't have a solution, but I know
of two things that can cause jamming:
Cheap, thin paper and not having the
siding clamp firmly up against the paper
edge to hold it in place.

The problem isn't paper jams. It is PHANTOM paper jams. I don't think
there is a solution. HP has no solution. I know a lot of techs who
also have no solution other than "bin it"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 18:55:19 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Mayayana wrote:
I don't have a solution, but I know
of two things that can cause jamming:
Cheap, thin paper and not having the
siding clamp firmly up against the paper
edge to hold it in place.

I'm using 20wt G-P paper , the sliding guide only goes to 8.5" . I also
tried some card stock thinking it might be the paper . If it were the paper
, it wouldn't throw a jam error with no paper at all in the printer ... this
paper feeds fine in my Samsung ML-2010 laser printer . I'm thinking the
newer Hp printers are junk ... it really irritates that I just bought 3 sets
of cartridges that are now for all intents and purposes useless to me . (I
mis-typed in my original post , we got 3sets not 2.)

Find a good NIB/NOS printer that uses the same cartridges - or even
a good used one - and hope it outlasts the ink!!!

I had the same thing happen with my last Canon - only I had installed
a constant Ink Supply System at a cost of a couple hundred dollars-
and then bought another $200 of ink when the initial fill was almost
done. 2 days after buying the ink - It died. Before I even added any.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 19:48:20 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

wrote:

[...]

On a lot of the new printers there IS no paper sensor. all they have
is rotation sensors (rotary encoders) on shafts. If roller number 1
turns 90 degrees and sensor #2 only turs 87 degrees, it reports a
paper jam (numbers just pulled out of the air - to illustrate the
concept.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The sensor is usually a photo eye, coupled to a LED emitter. Sometimes
the light reflects off the paper and sometimes the paper blocks the
light. The latter style is more likely.

Have you googled the model number to see if there is some specific
help. HP usually has pretty good info on their web site about their
products. There may be a maintenance manual.,

Don't know about the OP's model, but all the manual for the 8000
says is "send for service" and when you do that, they send you a
different printer. (same model if available, upgrade if obsolete)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2015 6:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error
even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely disassembled ,
after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test page then went back to
the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience diagnosing this ? I suspect
there's a sensor in there or something , but I saw nothing while it was
apart .

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2015 6:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart .

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

The printer didn't cost that much new ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Have you googled the model number to see if there is some specific
help. HP usually has pretty good info on their web site about their
products. There may be a maintenance manual.,

Don't know about the OP's model, but all the manual for the 8000
says is "send for service" and when you do that, they send you a
different printer. (same model if available, upgrade if obsolete)

At the price of the low end printers and the cost of labor, they can often
send a new printer cheaper than they can repair the old one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

The printer didn't cost that much new ...

Maybe the part was the printer.
That is the way many low end printers are repaired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2015 11:12 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2015 6:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart .

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

The printer didn't cost that much new ...

Printers are disposable for the most part these days, unless you are
needing a large format, high speed etc. laser or plotters.

--
Froz...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used to repair VCR's and quite often the rubber pinch rollers would become
dirty and shiny and cause the tape to slip. Same thing can happen with the
paper rollers in a printer, provided the roller isn't worn or damaged
PlatenClene did a good job of restoring the grip on them.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AF-Internati...roller+cleaner

Kenny

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2015 6:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart .

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

The printer didn't cost that much new ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Ah! **** happens and then you fry.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

| The problem isn't paper jams. It is PHANTOM paper jams.

Maybe. But it's worth checking all the possibilities.
Most printers have alignment maintenance options.
20# paper is too light for some printers. If it were
me I'd also try to check the rollers to see if something
might be on one of them -- increasing or reducing
the tension.

I'm surprised that no company has come in to
take over the printer industry. The ink is overpriced.
The quality is poor, despite years of technology
development. The cost of good printing is prohibitive.
The machines are junky. Every printer I've had makes
inexplicable noises at random times when it shouldn't
be doing anything.

My current printer is an Epson.
Not great. OK. But it holds me hostage whenever
an ink cartridge gets low, and "low" seems to be a time-
activated thing. I barely use it, yet it regularly "runs out"
of ink. Worse, it won't let me do anything until I replace
the cartridge. My old HP would let me keep printing poor
quality with low black ink, and it would let me print
grayscale if a color cartridge was gone. With the Epson,
if yellow ink runs out and I want to print black I'm
out of luck!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 22:12:59 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2015 6:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart .

Had a similar problem at work. Spent a lot of time and got nowhere.
Called a printer service and the guy came out. Replaced a broken part
and 20 minutes and $150 later it was running perfectly.

The printer didn't cost that much new ...

In that case, maybe it is cheaper to replace. The one we had fixed
was $800 new.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:59:43 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error
even with no paper in it .

Have you read the following?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...ocId=c03360597

Then, there is an HP forum where you can ask this question (after doing all
on the above page):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printin...y/td-p/2630951

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it .

Have you read the following?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...ocId=c03360597

Then, there is an HP forum where you can ask this question (after
doing all on the above page):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printin...y/td-p/2630951

I have gone as far as disassembling the printer as far as possible ,
cleaning everything in sight including all the gears , it still pops a paper
jam message . I can't figure this one out , it's apparently a firmware
problem . I guess it's possible there's a plastic part either broken or
deformed ... I've given up , I'll be selling the new cartridges on ebay or
something . I have another HP printer (4480 all-in-one IIRC) still at my
house in Memphis , wishing now that I'd grabbed it along with the Samsung
laser unit last time I was there . Apparently the "phantom paper jam" is a
common problem with this series of HP printers , seen a lot of questions
abot hte problem on the web . I may attempt to use just the scanner function
, I did see an article describing how to do that .

My thanks to the many people that have posted suggestions , seems the best
one was to toss it out . Anybody need some #61 cartridges ? I have 3 sets
with photo paper in the package , all 3 for 60 bucks and I pay shipping .
One package has been opened , but the cartridges are still sealed .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:28:45 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

[...]

Haven't read all the replies. I went through fits with a Kodak
printer, numerous errors, etc - "communication errors", printer
disappearing out of the control panel, paper jam notices, print head
and such

My solution was to change the USB cable. Never saw one go bad but I
presume they can. Replaced the USB cable. No complaints from the
bride now. It was not software, driver as I had suspected. You might
try another cable. YMMV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

This printer has been running as a wireless , the first time it ever had a
cable attached was for diagnostics out in my shop . The cable was brand new
.. I've just given up , I have another printer that will fill in until I can
bring the one home next trip to Memphis .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:54:35 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My solution was to change the USB cable. Never saw one go bad but I
presume they can. Replaced the USB cable. No complaints from the
bride now. It was not software, driver as I had suspected. You might
try another cable. YMMV.

This printer has been running as a wireless , the first time it ever had a
cable attached was for diagnostics out in my shop . The cable was brand new
. I've just given up , I have another printer that will fill in until I can
bring the one home next trip to Memphis .

Okie Dokie. Can you send me train car load of black delta river dirt
from Memphis?

Sounds like the printer is ready for target practice.
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:28:45 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

My thanks to the many people that have posted suggestions , seems the best
one was to toss it out .

When my laser all-in-one still didn't feed paper correctly, after spending
like $23 for new separation pads and roller, I dumped the all-in-one and
the replacement does not have a fax or paper feeder. (Just scanner, copier
and printer.) I have another printer with the fax and feeder (though I
never got its fax to send), so no need for them here.

Anybody need some #61 cartridges ? I have 3 sets
with photo paper in the package , all 3 for 60 bucks and I pay shipping .
One package has been opened , but the cartridges are still sealed .

I'm not into the hassles of shipping. I gave my near new toner cartridge
away on the local Craig's List.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nope - not on EBAY - I sell to my customers in my local area. One is
a local manufacturer who has about 18 Okidata Dot Matrix printers in
daily use.

They are also used in a lot of places like auto repair garages to
print multi-part work orders and parts invoices - as well as thw
printers on alignment machines and emission testing dynos -(which have
recently been phased out) - and I have a few customers in those
businesses as well.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's been some years since I did IT work for some businesses that had the large dot matrix printers but they've all gone to laser printers even the supply houses where they print out two copies, one for them to be signed by the customer and one for the customer as a receipt. The last dot matrix printers I regularly dealt with were the small receipt printers for restaurants which have now changed to two part thermal printers. What I see happening is a printer stuck back in a corner or under the counter to be rarely used because the receipt will be Emailed or transferred to the customer's smartphone. I already have all my ATM receipts Emailed to
me. It looks like the smartphone will become "The mark of The Beast" and
no one will be able to transact any business or commerce without one. 8-)

Dammit, where they put the chip in my hand is itching again. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Tagged Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

Hi,
From many different printers I owned HP gave most paper jams and paper
trouble in general. Maybe it has something to do with their design(paper
path) My last printer was Canon Pixma series MP990, a good photo printer
for home use, I recall I never had any paper related trouble. Now moved
onto Brother laser MFC, no paper related problem. It just chugs along
with cheap paper I buy by the box at Wall mart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/28/2015 01:26 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
From many different printers I owned HP gave most paper jams and paper trouble in general. Maybe it has something to do with their design(paper path) My last printer was Canon Pixma series MP990, a good photo printer for home use, I recall I never had any paper related trouble. Now moved onto Brother laser MFC, no paper related problem. It just chugs along with cheap paper I buy by the box at Wall mart.

Yup! Picked up a Brother HL-3170CDW, best printer ever.

Color laser, automagicaly prints on both sides of sheet, connects wifi, ethernet or usb.

http://smile.amazon.com/Brother-HL-3.../dp/B00BQU141C
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in
:

[...]
.

My last HP was a Deskjet 1000. Frequent 'Out of Paper' IIRC when it
wasn't. Same with a Canon Pixma MG3122. Both are in the corner gathering
dust. I used to buy HP all the time too. No problems with previous
printers for some 30+ years. I do have an ancient LJIII that I really
should fix - paper pickup jams. But just don't print much anymore.

Now I have a Brother HL2240 laser. For now, I'll stick with Brother.

Good printers seem to be scarce these days.