Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:48:38 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:59:45 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until this one, but I'm about
to go with another brand after this. What really sucks is we just bought 2
pairs of cartridges for it, they were on a really good sale.

Snag

Considering the cost of ink for ink jet printers, I would only own a
laser printer. But since I probably print something about 3 times a
year, I just take my data to the library or local print shop and let
them print it. I have not owned a printer for at least 5 years. Printers
seem to screw up from non-use too. I'll just let the library or print
shop deal with the paper jams, costly ink, and all the hassles, and psy
them $10 or $20 a year for my occasional printing needs.

After all, computers were intended to stop all the paper usage, and I
just email most of my stuff, or view it on my own screen. As far as
photos, most home printers cant do them justice anyhow, unless you
invest a large amount of money in the printer, and ink, and buy costly
special paper. At 15 cents (or less) per photo, at the local pharmacy or
Walmart, why bother buying all that stuff.

Businesses need printers, but not most home users.

I should also mention that the most durable and reliable printers I ever
owned were the old dot matrix ones. Too bad they no longer sell them
(new), or sell the ribbons for them.