Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

Mayayana wrote:
I don't have a solution, but I know
of two things that can cause jamming:
Cheap, thin paper and not having the
siding clamp firmly up against the paper
edge to hold it in place.

I'm using 20wt G-P paper , the sliding guide only goes to 8.5" . I also
tried some card stock thinking it might be the paper . If it were the paper
, it wouldn't throw a jam error with no paper at all in the printer ... this
paper feeds fine in my Samsung ML-2010 laser printer . I'm thinking the
newer Hp printers are junk ... it really irritates that I just bought 3 sets
of cartridges that are now for all intents and purposes useless to me . (I
mis-typed in my original post , we got 3sets not 2.)

--
Snag