Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:59:43 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart . Everything seems to be
functioning correctly by direct observation . The other thiung it
does is that when you clear the "jam" by pushing the proper key on
the control panel , if will just keep feeding paper until it runs
out . BTW , I ran the tests with a fresh install of the software on
a comp that's never ran this printer before , so not likely it's a
software problem . I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until
this one , but I'm about to go with another brand after this . What
really sucks is we just bought 2 pairs of cartridges for it , they
were on a really good sale .

Is that a laser printer or ink jet?

It's a color inkjet

Are you using the same operating system as before?

The only OS in use here is XP Pro except the box hooked to the TV , it's
XP home .

I had a laser printer years ago that worked alright with Windows 98.
When I upgraded to Windows 2000, it would not work and drivers could
not be gotten. Of course that meant it id not work on Windows XP
either.

But even when it did work with Win 98, it always pushed 2 or as many
as 10 sheets of paper thru at once. So, I would only feed it one
sheet a time and have to insert another page if the document was
bigger. I just lived with it, and for awhile I used a dedicated
computer with Win 98 just for printing, regardless what computer or
OS I used to create the document.

It finally died completely and got tossed.

This printer was working reasonably well until recently - it had
occasional failures to feed paper . The only change in the home intranet is
a new wireless router , the problems started before it was installed .

--
Snag