Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:59:43 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam
error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely
disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test
page then went back to the paper jam thing . Anybody with experience
diagnosing this ? I suspect there's a sensor in there or something ,
but I saw nothing while it was apart . Everything seems to be
functioning correctly by direct observation . The other thiung it
does is that when you clear the "jam" by pushing the proper key on
the control panel , if will just keep feeding paper until it runs
out . BTW , I ran the tests with a fresh install of the software on
a comp that's never ran this printer before , so not likely it's a
software problem . I've had pretty good luck with HP printers until
this one , but I'm about to go with another brand after this . What
really sucks is we just bought 2 pairs of cartridges for it , they
were on a really good sale .

Sounds like a bad paper sensor. It would be a trivial problem if the
printer told which sensor was not reporting correctly. Be sure one is
not blocked by a little chip of paper.

I'll be looking at it some more tomorrow , my frustration level today was
dangerously close to using a hammer on it . I looked for a sensor and didn't
see one , but I might have missed it . Lotta small parts in there !

--
Snag