Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Sorta-OT HP printer problems

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:28:45 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I have gone as far as disassembling the printer as far as possible ,
cleaning everything in sight including all the gears , it still pops a paper
jam message . I can't figure this one out , it's apparently a firmware
problem . I guess it's possible there's a plastic part either broken or
deformed ... I've given up , I'll be selling the new cartridges on ebay or
something . I have another HP printer (4480 all-in-one IIRC) still at my
house in Memphis , wishing now that I'd grabbed it along with the Samsung
laser unit last time I was there . Apparently the "phantom paper jam" is a
common problem with this series of HP printers , seen a lot of questions
abot hte problem on the web . I may attempt to use just the scanner function
, I did see an article describing how to do that .

My thanks to the many people that have posted suggestions , seems the best
one was to toss it out . Anybody need some #61 cartridges ? I have 3 sets
with photo paper in the package , all 3 for 60 bucks and I pay shipping .
One package has been opened , but the cartridges are still sealed .

Snag,

Haven't read all the replies. I went through fits with a Kodak
printer, numerous errors, etc - "communication errors", printer
disappearing out of the control panel, paper jam notices, print head
and such

My solution was to change the USB cable. Never saw one go bad but I
presume they can. Replaced the USB cable. No complaints from the
bride now. It was not software, driver as I had suspected. You might
try another cable. YMMV.