Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Should I tell the police?

OT Should I tell the police?

About three or four weeks ago, I saw a sticker on the rear window of a
car parked in my n'hood, the parking lot of a townhouse n'hood, saying
it would be towed away because it had a flat tire. No deadline was
given. The HOA does this, aiui, only if someone has complained. Of
course we have more than our share** of petty people who would complain.

**Unless there are so many petty people in the world that we have no
more than our share.

So I pumped his tire up.

Today I pumped it up again, which means the leak is slow.

The car is in excellent condition, has no dents or scratches, the paint
is perfect, it's not dirty, and looks very nice. Valid plates. I
assume someone went on vacation and will start driving it again when he
gets back.

OTOH, most people don't take three week vacations and conceivably, the
car was stolen and left here, parked properly with the door locked.
(well, I haven't tried the door. I just assume it's locked) If it's
stolen, the real owner should get it back before he buys another car.

So I called the police and just wanted them to run the plate, and if
they said it was stolen, I'd tell them where they or the owner can come
and get it.

But the cop wants me to tell him where it is, so they can "roll by and
look at it", and he says they won't do anything if there isn't a
problem.

What problem could there be except that the owner reported it stolen?**
If they tell me that I'll believe them and I'll tell them where it is.
But if it's not stolen, I DON'T WANT TO CAUSE TROUBLE FOR THE OWNER, and
the police, for all the good they do, are also very good at causing
trouble. After all, I'm the one pumping up the tire so it won't be
towed away.

**One idea, it could have the wrong plates on it, but we could probably
verify that on the phone too. The DMV records show the make. Do they
also show the model and color? I think so. If the plates don't match
the make or model or color, then too I would tell them where the car is.

Would you tell the police where it is before they told you it was stolen
or misplated?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:06:18 -0700, micky wrote:

...snip...

Would you tell the police where it is before they told you it was stolen
or misplated?

Wow! I sincerely hope it is as you envision, and you're truly helping. It
is very sad that police have instilled so much distrust. Here's a case of,
"I would call a friend in the department and talk to him/her." Do you know
anybody with close ties? I would also be very reluctant to say anything
'generically'. I've seen people who wish to help by giving eye witness
statements end up coming under scrutiny as the perp!! And if you knew
them, anyone would see that was ridiculous. The police had no discernment
and should have known better.

Do you have a good relationship with your auto insurance rep? If so, they
have access to all kinds of information, they don't have to tell you any
details, but confirm any information for you without breaching any of
their confidentiality. It would be nice to find out the guy just parked
his car there, so he wouldn't have to pay airport parking, or such.
Envision the guy returning at 2am to pick up his car and now he won't find
the tire flat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 01:06:18 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

I would check the doors. If they are locked it seems unlikely it is
stolen, why would thieves bother to lock it. If it is unlocked look
in the glove box for the registration to get the owners name. I don't
think you can be arrested for getting in an unlocked car. If you can
get the name you might be able to track them down and find out what's
up. If the car is legally parked and the tire is not flat when the
police come by I think you'd be ok calling them and asking them to
check it out but see if the plates look like the registration is up to
date. In some places a car with expired registration will get towed
if it's left parked more then some limited amount of time on a public
street.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I never touch anyone's car.
Many years ago I saw the lights on in an open convertible at night in a
bar parking lot. Went to switch them off and as I did the drunken owner
came out and punched me. This was over 50 years ago but I learned a
life lesson. Never touch a strangers car.
No problem in calling police. That's what they are for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Seems to me Micky is making a lot of assumptions, starting with that
whoever had the car stickered, is just petty. It's possible that someone
knows more about the history of the car than him and they asked for it
to be ticketed and removed. I for one, wouldn't be
pumping up other people's tires on parked cars. If I saw a car with a
notice that it was going to be towed like that, I'd figure it was likely sitting there for some time to get the sticker and that it's the owner's problem. If it was legitimately parked there, eg in front of someone's
house, I would think a neighbor would know who's car it was. If I was
that neighbor, had some idea of what was going on, then I would pump up
the tire. But not on some random car that I know absolutely nothing about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 01:06 AM, micky wrote:
OT Should I tell the police?

Did Gladys Kravitz see you airing the tire on the car? You'd better pray the car was not involved in a murder or armed robbery.
A not-so-bright cop might charge you with car theft and murder.

A law school professor and former criminal defence attorney tells you why you should *never* talk to the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
http://thelawdictionary.org/article/...plate-numbers/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 12:06 AM, micky wrote:
OT Should I tell the police?

About three or four weeks ago, I saw a sticker on the rear window of a
car parked in my n'hood, the parking lot of a townhouse n'hood, saying
it would be towed away because it had a flat tire. No deadline was
given. The HOA does this, aiui, only if someone has complained. Of
course we have more than our share** of petty people who would complain.

**Unless there are so many petty people in the world that we have no
more than our share.

So I pumped his tire up.

Goofy move number one.

So I called the police and just wanted them to run the plate, and if
they said it was stolen, I'd tell them where they or the owner can come
and get it.

But the cop wants me to tell him where it is, so they can "roll by and
look at it", and he says they won't do anything if there isn't a
problem.

What problem could there be except that the owner reported it stolen?**
If they tell me that I'll believe them and I'll tell them where it is.
But if it's not stolen, I DON'T WANT TO CAUSE TROUBLE FOR THE OWNER,

Goofy move number two. Why the hell are you playing cop? This isn't
your issue.

After all, I'm the one pumping up the tire so it won't be
towed away.

Just think - someone out there may have had his/her car stolen, and
you're keeping the cops from finding it because you for some ungodly
reason decided to obstruct the police from doing their job.

**One idea, it could have the wrong plates on it, but we could probably
verify that on the phone too. The DMV records show the make. Do they
also show the model and color? I think so. If the plates don't match
the make or model or color, then too I would tell them where the car is.

Would you tell the police where it is before they told you it was stolen
or misplated?

I'd call the cops and let them do their job. You don't know whether it
is a stolen car. For all you know, the trunk has a body in it. For all
you know, the cops placed it there as a bait vehicle to catch robbers
breaking into cars. The only thing you know is, it has a flat tire.
Let the cops figure it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 1:38 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
[...]

First, Micky sounds like a caring and thoughtful fellow.

In NY, the insurance guy or two I've talked to can get
DMV information from license plate number. Costs several
dollars per lookup. Six or eight, or some thing like that.
If you go to insurance agent, please plan to reimburse the
cost. If they will do it, at all, for a "non work related"
moment.

In the couple times I've contacted police or other govt
agencies, I find they seldom do what the citizen asks.
There is always some "well, policy says to...." and then
they do some thing you'd wished they would not. I don't
know where Micky is, or what the local policy. But, no,
I would not tell them where the car is. That's just me.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 2:32 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I would check the doors. If they are locked it seems unlikely it is
stolen, why would thieves bother to lock it. If it is unlocked look
in the glove box for the registration to get the owners name. I don't
think you can be arrested for getting in an unlocked car. If you can
get the name you might be able to track them down and find out what's
up. If the car is legally parked and the tire is not flat when the
police come by I think you'd be ok calling them and asking them to
check it out but see if the plates look like the registration is up to
date. In some places a car with expired registration will get towed
if it's left parked more then some limited amount of time on a public
street.

I'd not risk my personal standing on "don't think
you can get arrested.... " which might turn into
a breaking and entering charge.

Looking in the glove box is a very good idea, in a
society where people are pure and caring. I'd be
tempted to wear some kind of gloves, so as not to
leave a lot of finger prints. Just in case, you
know. Might possibly have a second person on hand
as a backup witness that you didn't steal all the
cash that was in there.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 6:42 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:

The URl was after the signature deliniator, and
as such didn't copy into my reply. Bad format.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 1:06 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

I don't see a problem with telling police where it is; I'd also write
down the VIN. Plates could be stolen and that owner not aware? Causing
problems for owner? I think they already have problems, ie leaving a
car with a flat. Back in my younger days, our decrepit Simca was
towed....finally....'cause we couldn't drive it and couldn't afford to
fix it. Barely could afford food, and that was one student and one
employed newlyweds )

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hands off! If the car belongs to someone nearby (perhaps they are sick
and can't drive?) and someone sees you access the car, THEY will call
the cops. Police can look up the owner and call them, or look for signs
of trouble (dead bodies, etc.). Let them do their job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 1:06 AM, micky wrote:
OT Should I tell the police?

About three or four weeks ago, I saw a sticker on the rear window of a
car parked in my n'hood, the parking lot of a townhouse n'hood, saying
it would be towed away because it had a flat tire. No deadline was
given. The HOA does this, aiui, only if someone has complained. Of
course we have more than our share** of petty people who would complain.

Would you tell the police where it is before they told you it was stolen
or misplated?

I can't think of a reason not to tell them. I can think of reasons that
people would call the police looking for information to do harm though,
so they are being properly cautious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I get a little absent minded now and then. When I drove an '84 Buick
Regal, it was easy to find my car in a parking lot. Now I drive a
silver '10 Corolla and twice I've opened the door of the wrong car in
the grocery store parking lot just as the owner was approaching their
car. Embarassing; they just smiled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 07:40 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

[...]

As a non-American and never having lived in an area with a Home Owners'
Association, the thing that amazes me most is that some person or
organization claims the right to have a vehicle towed away because it
has a flat tire! Is it blocking traffic? Is it parked in a dangerous
location? NO, it's in the parking lot. Is it leaking gasoline?
Is it... [fill in the blank for something that is actually dangerous]?
If not, mind your own blankety-blank business.

Maybe the owner is on vacation, and the tire has gone flat while s/he is
away. Doesn't anybody use any common sense?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe DeLoughan" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! Definite plus 1. If it's been used in a crime then Micky's
contaminated the crime scene. There are so MANY reasons to let the cops do
their job and so FEW to pump up the tire or touch the car in any way. If
something happened to the owner, delaying contact with police could have
really bad results. FWIW, by asking to run the plate but refusing to say
where it was you've now placed yourself among the people cops think are
suspicious. I'll bet they have your caller ID and have already started
looking around. For you. (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 8:12 AM, Norminn wrote:
I get a little absent minded now and then. When I drove an '84 Buick
Regal, it was easy to find my car in a parking lot. Now I drive a
silver '10 Corolla and twice I've opened the door of the wrong car in
the grocery store parking lot just as the owner was approaching their
car. Embarassing; they just smiled.

I'd be tempted to put some nondescript
sticker inside one of the windows.

Kids animated figure or some thing. Just
so your car is distinctive.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You could be arrested by the police on suspicion of trying to steal the car,
since you have no business being in it. You could also be arrested later,
if someone saw you enter the car, told the owner about it, and the owner
later finds his notebook PC and cell phone missing.

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working. Last thing I want to do is go
poking around in someone else's car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 10/15/2014 1:06 AM, micky wrote:
OT Should I tell the police?

About three or four weeks ago, I saw a sticker
on the rear window of a
car parked in my n'hood, the parking lot of a
townhouse n'hood, saying
it would be towed away because it had a flat
tire. No deadline was
given. The HOA does this, aiui, only if
someone has complained. Of
course we have more than our share** of petty
people who would complain.

Would you tell the police where it is before
they told you it was stolen
or misplated?

I can't think of a reason not to tell them. I
can think of reasons that people would call the
police looking for information to do harm
though, so they are being properly cautious.

Perhaps the HOA should contact the cops?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 10:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:32:58 AM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I would check the doors. If they are locked it seems unlikely it is
stolen, why would thieves bother to lock it. If it is unlocked look
in the glove box for the registration to get the owners name. I don't
think you can be arrested for getting in an unlocked car.

You could be arrested by the police on suspicion of trying to steal the car,
since you have no business being in it. You could also be arrested later,
if someone saw you enter the car, told the owner about it, and the owner
later finds his notebook PC and cell phone missing.

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working. Last thing I want to do is go
poking around in someone else's car.

My gut sense is that going into someone else
car is a bad idea, on general principles.
Mr. T has a couple specific why it's bad
idea.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

reading all the responses, I will toss in mine:

1. try again with the police. Maybe go to the station with the license
plate written down. I have had it go both ways "we can't tell you - where
is the car?" and a smirk, eyes rolling directed at the "smarty pants
citizen", run the plate, and then "yes, it is stolen - where is it?". If
they won't just run it, tell them where it is and let them investigate.

2. If you can, see if the police will at least tell you if the registered
address is in your HOA, so you can try to locate the owner and prevent it
being towed by the HOA. I have had a cop in a cruiser tell me the
registered address so I could walk across the street and tell them to move
their car or it will be towed. Of course, this was right there, and the cop
told me the address once he realized what the deal was - I was dong this guy
a favor.

3. Does your HOA not keep a list of license numbers and HOA owners? Many
do. Do any neighbors know who the car belongs to? Are their assigned
parking spaces?

4. If you can determine the car is not stolen, belongs to an HOA owner, and
you can locate him (or the police can do a welfare check), and you realize
he is simply out of town, tell the HOA to give the guy and his car a break.
If they seem belligerent as most HOAs are, keep filling up the tire, or
forget about it - your choice.

I concur with the thoughts to let the police do their job. The car could be
stolen, or it could belong to a lady who has fallen and can't get up. Try
to eliminate these types of possibilities first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:08:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working.

Exactly.

I did have a police detective ask me about a car on the street once.
Told him how long it had been parked there, that I had never seen it
before, etc. Turns out they were looking for a man from another state
that was reported missing. There was no foul play involved.

Another time there were several cops adjacent my property, so I
checked on what was going on. The HVAC service van had been stolen,
most tools stolen from it and the police found it when the company
reported the GPS on the van.

In this case I'd just ask the HOA what was going on and if the car
belonged in the HOA, if I wanted to be a busy-body. OP can tell the
police or not tell them if he wants to be a do-ggoder
--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:34:30 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Perhaps the HOA should contact the cops?

Seems they should already know if the vehicle belongs in the community
or not. Generally, they will send a letter to the homeowner, warning
them before the car is towed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 10:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working. Last thing I want to do is go
poking around in someone else's car.

But does the HOA know who it belongs to? Could just be some old bitty
that saw the flat tire violation and had to stick her nose into it.
Rules, you know.

Agree not to open a door. If you think it is perhaps abandoned, call
the police. If it is a neighborhood of elderly, the owner could be dead
and the HOA can then tag the house.

Never figured why people would move to a location with an HOA anyway. I
don't need anyone telling me how to live and tell me I can't paint my
house black and yellow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 10:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/15/2014 10:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Never figured why people would move to a location with an HOA anyway.
I don't need anyone telling me how to live and tell me I can't paint
my house black and yellow.

They want to live in an area where *other people* can be told what
they must do and not do. But these types never imagine that the rules
will also be applied to them, so when that happens, they go ballistic.

Read any account of a ruckus over an HOA infraction, and that's the
basis of the story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2014 10:17 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 06:42:51 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
http://thelawdictionary.org/article/...plate-numbers/

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I suppose, finding your prints in the car could be a problem after they find the
body in the trunk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:08:36 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.

When I had renters I did have them sign a written consent for credit
checks.

This link points to laws, etc.

http://www.peoplepublicrecords.org/background-check-laws.html

"Background check laws and regulations are imposed on both a state and
federal level, and determine what types of information the public may
access and under what conditions. Regardless of the reasons you may be
conducting a background check into an individual's past, these laws
apply to everyone and some apply only in special circumstances."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
http://thelawdictionary.org/article/...plate-numbers/

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.

I doubt these data mining companies really care about the law and some
are actually located offshore.
--
Hey, if the state puts the information on line....oh well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:28:28 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:08:36 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

wrote:

How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
http://thelawdictionary.org/article/...plate-numbers/

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.

I doubt these data mining companies really care about the law and some
are actually located offshore.

The site pointed to in the above link is not offshore

www.peoplepublicrecords.org

Hosted in: Garden City, New York, United States.

just sayin'
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gomez wrote:
On 10/15/2014 01:06 AM, micky wrote:
OT Should I tell the police?

Did Gladys Kravitz see you airing the tire on the car? You'd better
pray the car was not involved in a murder or armed robbery. A
not-so-bright cop might charge you with car theft and murder.

A law school professor and former criminal defence attorney tells you
why you should *never* talk to the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

That was 48 educational minutes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:28:28 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:08:36 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

wrote:

How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
http://thelawdictionary.org/article/...plate-numbers/

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.

I doubt these data mining companies really care about the law and some
are actually located offshore.

The site pointed to in the above link is not offshore

www.peoplepublicrecords.org

Hosted in: Garden City, New York, United States.

just sayin'

and how careful are they in verifying a person's authorization? I am pretty
sure at least one has been forged in the past.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

As a non-American and never having lived in an area with a Home
Owners' Association, the thing that amazes me most is that some
person or organization claims the right to have a vehicle towed away
because it has a flat tire! Is it blocking traffic? Is it parked in a
dangerous location? NO, it's in the parking lot. Is it leaking
gasoline? Is it... [fill in the blank for something that is actually
dangerous]?
If not, mind your own blankety-blank business.

Maybe the owner is on vacation, and the tire has gone flat while s/he
is away. Doesn't anybody use any common sense?

Many cities have laws limiting the time you can legaly park in one spot, so this
isn't an unusual occurance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:00:07 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Hey, if the state puts the information on line....oh well.

I was looking for a person I had never met (long story). Leaving work
one day I passed a note with name, DOB and a general tri-state area to
an FBI agent. He gave me the address so I wrote a letter. She called
me later - crying and thanked me. I did tell her brothers and sisters
how I found her.

"you can run but you can't hide"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:21:41 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

I doubt these data mining companies really care about the law and some
are actually located offshore.

The site pointed to in the above link is not offshore

www.peoplepublicrecords.org

Hosted in: Garden City, New York, United States.

just sayin'

and how careful are they in verifying a person's authorization? I am pretty
sure at least one has been forged in the past.

I'm not certain what you mean by "authorization". I maintained
network nodes to access government information before, but was not
authorized to use it myself. It was very specific as to who had
access to the data and how it was conducted and accounted for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I doubt these data mining companies really care about the law and some
are actually located offshore.

The site pointed to in the above link is not offshore

www.peoplepublicrecords.org

Hosted in: Garden City, New York, United States.

just sayin'

and how careful are they in verifying a person's authorization? I am
pretty
sure at least one has been forged in the past.

I'm not certain what you mean by "authorization". I maintained
network nodes to access government information before, but was not
authorized to use it myself. It was very specific as to who had
access to the data and how it was conducted and accounted for.

I was referring to this type of authorization/consent:

"Also, it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their written
consent."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Oct 2014, "Bob F" wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Many cities have laws limiting the time you can legaly park in one
spot, so this isn't an unusual occurance.

In my town it's illegal to leave your car parked on the street
overnight. The police don't rigorously enforce the law, but I was
ticketed once many years ago.

I would consider a car that has been sitting on a public street in the
same place with flat tires for 3 weeks to probably be abandoned. If I
saw such a car in my neighborhood I would definitely consider calling
the police. Especially if it's near my property. I'd probably ask some
of the neighbors if they knew anything about it first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:47:25 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

I'm not certain what you mean by "authorization". I maintained
network nodes to access government information before, but was not
authorized to use it myself. It was very specific as to who had
access to the data and how it was conducted and accounted for.

I was referring to this type of authorization/consent:

"Also, it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their written
consent."

I see. Yes, in some cases you do need consent, best to have a written
and signed consent. In my former life, some information was based on
a "need to know." I was only given information when I needed to know
for my own protection (medical cooties that threaten me).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:29:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/15/2014 8:12 AM, Norminn wrote:
I get a little absent minded now and then. When I drove an '84 Buick
Regal, it was easy to find my car in a parking lot. Now I drive a
silver '10 Corolla and twice I've opened the door of the wrong car in
the grocery store parking lot just as the owner was approaching their
car. Embarassing; they just smiled.

I'd be tempted to put some nondescript
sticker inside one of the windows.

Kids animated figure or some thing. Just
so your car is distinctive.

My mother put some plastic fern or ball on the antenna, but that was
more so she could find it in a parking lot than to distinguish it from
cars that looked alike.

My antenna retracts, so I couldn't do that if I wanted to. And a lot
of people don' have antennas?, or have little ones.

FUN POLICE Dave UK diy 34 December 8th 08 04:19 PM
police [email protected] Home Ownership 2 October 17th 08 12:42 AM
police [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 26th 08 09:59 PM
police [email protected] Metalworking 1 April 8th 08 12:11 AM
DIWANIYA - Gunmen killed two police officers and wounded another on Tuesday night in a drive-by shooting in the southern city of Diwaniya, 180 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad, police said BGKM Woodworking 0 March 15th 07 08:31 AM