Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On 10/15/2014 2:32 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I would check the doors. If they are locked it seems unlikely it is
stolen, why would thieves bother to lock it. If it is unlocked look
in the glove box for the registration to get the owners name. I don't
think you can be arrested for getting in an unlocked car. If you can
get the name you might be able to track them down and find out what's
up. If the car is legally parked and the tire is not flat when the
police come by I think you'd be ok calling them and asking them to
check it out but see if the plates look like the registration is up to
date. In some places a car with expired registration will get towed
if it's left parked more then some limited amount of time on a public
street.

I'd not risk my personal standing on "don't think
you can get arrested.... " which might turn into
a breaking and entering charge.

Looking in the glove box is a very good idea, in a
society where people are pure and caring. I'd be
tempted to wear some kind of gloves, so as not to
leave a lot of finger prints. Just in case, you
know. Might possibly have a second person on hand
as a backup witness that you didn't steal all the
cash that was in there.

-
..
Christopher A. Young