Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:08:36 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

If it is worth $25 to you

Except that most states have data privacy laws that restrict the
amount of information that is considered public, which usually renders
the information available next to useless for the average snoop. Also,
it's not unusual to restrict individual access to only that
individual's information; if you want someone else's, you need their
written consent.

When I had renters I did have them sign a written consent for credit
checks.

This link points to laws, etc.

http://www.peoplepublicrecords.org/background-check-laws.html

"Background check laws and regulations are imposed on both a state and
federal level, and determine what types of information the public may
access and under what conditions. Regardless of the reasons you may be
conducting a background check into an individual's past, these laws
apply to everyone and some apply only in special circumstances."