Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:08:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working.

Exactly.

I did have a police detective ask me about a car on the street once.
Told him how long it had been parked there, that I had never seen it
before, etc. Turns out they were looking for a man from another state
that was reported missing. There was no foul play involved.

Another time there were several cops adjacent my property, so I
checked on what was going on. The HVAC service van had been stolen,
most tools stolen from it and the police found it when the company
reported the GPS on the van.

In this case I'd just ask the HOA what was going on and if the car
belonged in the HOA, if I wanted to be a busy-body. OP can tell the
police or not tell them if he wants to be a do-ggoder
--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi