Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On 10/15/2014 10:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:32:58 AM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I would check the doors. If they are locked it seems unlikely it is
stolen, why would thieves bother to lock it. If it is unlocked look
in the glove box for the registration to get the owners name. I don't
think you can be arrested for getting in an unlocked car.

You could be arrested by the police on suspicion of trying to steal the car,
since you have no business being in it. You could also be arrested later,
if someone saw you enter the car, told the owner about it, and the owner
later finds his notebook PC and cell phone missing.

I really don't understand the need to get involved in something like this.
The HOA tagged the car that has been sitting there for several weeks, had
a flat tire, etc. The process is working. Last thing I want to do is go
poking around in someone else's car.

My gut sense is that going into someone else
car is a bad idea, on general principles.
Mr. T has a couple specific why it's bad
idea.

--
..
Christopher A. Young