Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energizer AA cheap

They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2014 6:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Is the form printed on the package? Is
this only at Walmart?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:35:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/6/2014 6:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Is the form printed on the package? Is
this only at Walmart?

The package has a small insert with a code. The energizer site wants
the code from both packages. I got mine at Walmart. I don't know if
the offer is for anywhere else.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/6/2014 6:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Is the form printed on the package? Is
this only at Walmart?

The package has a small insert with a code. The energizer site wants
the code from both packages. I got mine at Walmart. I don't know if
the offer is for anywhere else.

First, thank you for helping us save money
on things we use (most folks use AA cells...)
Is there something on the outside, so we know
which are the coupon ones? I'll admit, I'm
not all that happy with rebates, after the
$40 rebate I never got from Radio Shack.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2014 5:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2014 7:54 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 1/6/2014 5:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

I was planning to chime in about Costco batteries as well. Been using
them for years and they last a long time. I don't even use Duracell or
Energizer anymore unless they come with a new device.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/6/2014 6:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Is the form printed on the package? Is
this only at Walmart?

The package has a small insert with a code. The energizer site wants
the code from both packages. I got mine at Walmart. I don't know if
the offer is for anywhere else.

First, thank you for helping us save money
on things we use (most folks use AA cells...)
Is there something on the outside, so we know
which are the coupon ones? I'll admit, I'm
not all that happy with rebates, after the
$40 rebate I never got from Radio Shack.

You are welcome.

The package looks the same except there is a blue label the size of a
postage stamp in the center of the clear plastic that houses the
batteries.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ener...2F%3B420%3B412
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

BTW all they asked for was name, address, email and the codes. They
didn't even ask for a receipt. I just checked the email address I
furnished and there is no email with instructions to mail in a
receipt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:54:54 -0600, gonjah wrote:

On 1/6/2014 5:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

3 bucks/16 batteries = $.20 bucks per battery.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:06:20 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

An even better offer
http://mojosavings.com/energizer-bat...-0-37-walmart/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2014 8:38 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:54:54 -0600, gonjah wrote:

On 1/6/2014 5:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

3 bucks/16 batteries = $.20 bucks per battery.

Sure, for 16 batteries. They have been about .50 at Costco as long as I
remember.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Has a length of 4,347 characters, and
leads to:
http://mojosavings.com/energizer-bat...-0-37-walmart/

Sounds fun. Wonder if they actually send the rebate?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2014 9:38 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

3 bucks/16 batteries = $.20 bucks per battery.

Farther east than that, BJ's Wholesale Club
has some kind of house brand of AA cell,
which have worked for me.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

An even better offer
http://mojosavings.com/energizer-bat...-0-37-walmart/

Here in western NC the local Ingles grocery store frequently has
Ray-O-Vac Alkalines (4 AA or 4 AAA or 2 C) on sale, 10 packs for $10.
But, the good news here is, you only need buy one for the price. So,
that's .25 per battery (AA or AAA). And, even better, when Ray-O-Vac
runs their $1 off coupon for any of their packages, that comes to $0;
you pay the NC tax only ... of course, you only buy on at a time, with a
coupon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 9:23 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
Here in western NC the local Ingles grocery store frequently has
Ray-O-Vac Alkalines (4 AA or 4 AAA or 2 C) on sale, 10 packs for $10.
But, the good news here is, you only need buy one for the price. So,
that's .25 per battery (AA or AAA). And, even better, when Ray-O-Vac
runs their $1 off coupon for any of their packages, that comes to $0;
you pay the NC tax only ... of course, you only buy on at a time, with a
coupon.

Hmm. I think Dollar Tree has four AA or AAA
alkalines for a buck.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/14 09:23 am, Art Todesco wrote:

Here in western NC the local Ingles grocery store frequently has
Ray-O-Vac Alkalines (4 AA or 4 AAA or 2 C) on sale, 10 packs for $10.
But, the good news here is, you only need buy one for the price. So,
that's .25 per battery (AA or AAA). And, even better, when Ray-O-Vac
runs their $1 off coupon for any of their packages, that comes to $0;
you pay the NC tax only ... of course, you only buy on at a time, with a
coupon.

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the only ones I've ever had leak badly enough
that I had to get the device in which they were installed replaced. It
was only a flashlight, and they replaced it.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer Reports.

I don't know who rated what, but I do know KGO (channel 7) News, in
San Francisco, did a battery throwdown, every Christmas, for years.
They put about 6-7 brand name batteries in a buncha those little toy
monkies that jump up and down and crash two cymbols together. IOW, a
motorized toy, which is a good test of batteries. Last toy running
wins. Energizers have won by several hours for years.

Another test, one I did inadvertently. I put brand new AA Duracells
in a mini-maglite in my van, one winter. It got down to about 25 deg
F and when I came out next morning at o'-dark-thirty and turned on my
maglite, zip! Nada! Not even a weak dull orange glow. Later that
day, I checked again and the flashlight came on full strength. Next
moring, another sub-freezing night, dead as a doornail! I changed to
Energizers and never had that cold weather problem ever again.

Now living in CO, so I don't see channel 7, anymore, but do know I'll
never waste money on a Copper-Flop, ever again.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 10:52 AM, notbob wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the field report. Now that it's near
zero, I ought to put some different brand of
batteries out. Or, I can go out and see which
brands are in the vehicles, and try them. Check
the flash light in the van, for example.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 9:52 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

[...]

The ratings were in the January Consumer Reports (page 7). I don't
usually get Duracells unless I need some right away. Can't recall any
issues. Someone once told me that Duracels were "oversized" so after you
use them you won't be able to use other batteries. I don't know if
that's true either. All sorts of rumors out there about battrees.

The Consumer Reports rated the Duracells #1 but suggests the Kirkland
Signature (#2) is the "best buy" coming in at 1/4 the price of
Energizers and Duracells.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

The Consumer Reports rated......

CR is da' bunk! I once bought their top rated toaster oven. Junk.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
didn't even ask for a receipt. I just checked the email address

And for a few cheap batteries, you give away personal information to
Walmart.
It must seem like a good deal, if you're a moron.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

The Consumer Reports rated......

CR is da' bunk! I once bought their top rated toaster oven. Junk.

nb

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 6:39 PM, None wrote:
"Metspitzer" wrote in message
didn't even ask for a receipt. I just checked the email address

And for a few cheap batteries, you give away personal information to
Walmart.
It must seem like a good deal, if you're a moron.

LOL

What the hell. They probably have it anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

The Consumer Reports rated......

CR is da' bunk! I once bought their top rated toaster oven. Junk.

nb

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven?

http://www.nzbindex.nl/groups/alt.bi...max=250&more=1
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just got back from Walmart, got two 8-packs of AA batteries for $6.37 plus 7.25% tax = $6.83 each x 2 = $13.66. Add $0.46 for postage, have $14.12 total invested, less $10.00 from Walmart = $4.12 for 16 AA batteries = $.26 per battery.
Had to search around Walmart to find the batteries with the blue sticker on the front. Took a while to get the blue sticker off the front of the package, it was held in place by a slightly larger sticky cellophane square. Then once the cellophane was off, I had to separate the blue folder from the cellophance. Now it is on to the web site to type in the 11 character passcode which is different on each blue sticker, hidden inside so you must remove the cellophane to get the code.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/2014 04:39 PM, None wrote:
"Metspitzer" wrote in message
didn't even ask for a receipt. I just checked the email address

And for a few cheap batteries, you give away personal information to
Walmart.
It must seem like a good deal, if you're a moron.

Oh no, Walmart will know that I buy batteries!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energizer AA cheap / leaky battery brand

On 1/7/2014 10:12 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the only ones I've ever had leak badly enough
that I had to get the device in which they were installed replaced. It
was only a flashlight, and they replaced it.

Perce

I must have a personal curse of leaky batteries.
I've had leakers of the three major brands. Last
year (2013, way back then) I had a bunch leak,
new in th box. Some Energizer D cells, and some
Rayovac D cells. E sent me coupons, and R sent
me replacement batteries. Both were very nice
about it.

My curse rubbed off, a friend had Duracell D
cells leak in his good mag light. He's got two
grand kids who leave things turned on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

[...]

I've used both the Kirklands and the Duracells, extensively. They both
last about the same time. However, the kirklands have been likely to
leak over long periods of non-use in my experience. Replacement on a
schedule, rather than when they no longer work, has alleviated that issue,
and the kirklands still remain less expensive than the duracells.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-08, gonjah wrote:

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven?

....and a blender, which they said was the greatest ice crusher of all
time. It wasn't even close. I've read enough issues to know they are
da' bunk.

My all time fave was an annual car issue, back in the late 80s. They
rated a Toyota model as awesome, killer, can't go wrong. They then
rated a Chevy model as unreliable, mediocre, not a good purchase.
Both models were the exact same car off the exact same assy line at
the Fremont CA NUMMI plant. Only the name badges were different. Da'
bunk.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-08, gonjah wrote:

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven?

...and a blender, which they said was the greatest ice crusher of all
time. It wasn't even close. I've read enough issues to know they are
da' bunk.

My all time fave was an annual car issue, back in the late 80s. They
rated a Toyota model as awesome, killer, can't go wrong. They then

Toyota was rated number one by the Taliban.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tali...icial&tbm=isch

rated a Chevy model as unreliable, mediocre, not a good purchase.
Both models were the exact same car off the exact same assy line at
the Fremont CA NUMMI plant. Only the name badges were different. Da'
bunk.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-08, gonjah wrote:

How much have you used the Magazine? I mean, 1 toaster oven?

...and a blender, which they said was the greatest ice crusher of all
time.

That doesn't sound right. Can you cite the issue? I'd like to read that.

It wasn't even close. I've read enough issues to know they are
da' bunk.

My all time fave was an annual car issue, back in the late 80s. They
rated a Toyota model as awesome, killer, can't go wrong. They then
rated a Chevy model as unreliable, mediocre, not a good purchase.
Both models were the exact same car off the exact same assy line at
the Fremont CA NUMMI plant. Only the name badges were different. Da'
bunk.

nb

Again, can you cite the issue? What models are you referring to?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2014 4:21 PM, gonjah wrote:

can you cite the issue?

Oops. Just snapped "late 80s" Never mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 9:12 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 01/07/14 09:23 am, Art Todesco wrote:

Here in western NC the local Ingles grocery store frequently has
Ray-O-Vac Alkalines (4 AA or 4 AAA or 2 C) on sale, 10 packs for $10.
But, the good news here is, you only need buy one for the price. So,
that's .25 per battery (AA or AAA). And, even better, when Ray-O-Vac
runs their $1 off coupon for any of their packages, that comes to $0;
you pay the NC tax only ... of course, you only buy on at a time, with a
coupon.

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the only ones I've ever had leak badly enough
that I had to get the device in which they were installed replaced. It
was only a flashlight, and they replaced it.

Perce

I don't know of a brand that doesn't leak,
Posted to alt.home.repair

The web site said the $10 gift card would arrive in 6-8 weeks, I wll post when it arrives, don't hold your breath waiting!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2014 06:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13
bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes
in the battery package.

Better deal: it's strongly suspected that the Duracell Ion Core
rechargeable NiMH cells that are now in most stores around $11/4-pack
are rebranded Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloop XX 2400 mAh cells. (they
simply haven't been on the market long enough for anyone to do long term
self-discharge or multiple cycle tests on them yet, but they are
seriously looking like the real deal.) I've already got all the NiMH
cells I need at the moment but it is reassuring that good quality
rechargeables are now available in stores at a reasonable price without
having to faff about online. Buy those for your devices that need them
and a Maha C9000 charger, a few packs of Energizer Lithiums for long
term storage/emergency/prepper type stuff, and never buy cells again.

I'm done with alkalines... too many leaks.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer

I bought a pack of Kirkland Signature AA batteries a couple of years ago
and started installing them in the 10 or so wall clocks in our office
when needed.

Now, when a clock stops and I go to replace the single AA battery in it
I find (every time) that the Kirkland AA has leaked chemicals out of one
or both ends, necessitating my having to clean off the contacts before I
put in a new (NOT Kirkland) battery.

I never ran into that kind of problem in recent decades with other
battery manufacturers' products. I suppose I could keep a schedule of
when I replaced a battery in a clock and put in a new one early enough
to prevent leaking, but I've got enough to deal with here already.

I wrote to Costco about this over a month ago and so far have received
nothing but an acknowledgement of receipt of that message.

Never again Kirkland batteries for me.

(You never get more than you pay for y'know.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Reports.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

[...]

I've recently had the same problem with both Duracell and Energizer
AAs. The only reason to buy the brand names is the warranty. If
you're into sending stuff back, buy them. Otherwise, buy cheap and
replace often.

(You never get more than you pay for y'know.)

Paying more is no guaranty of getting any more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

[...]

Well, here it's only four days after my post and I just got a call from
a very pleasant lady in consumer relations at Procter and Gamble in
Cincinnati who told me they're the ones who make the Kirkland batteries.

I told her I'd sealed up two of those leaky AAs in a plastic bag just in
case someone cared to see them. She said that if I'd send them to her
she'd see that I received a check for twenty bucks to cover the postage
and time spent.

I'll take it....

Jeff

--