Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energizer AA cheap / leaky battery brand

On 1/7/2014 10:12 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the only ones I've ever had leak badly enough
that I had to get the device in which they were installed replaced. It
was only a flashlight, and they replaced it.

Perce

I must have a personal curse of leaky batteries.
I've had leakers of the three major brands. Last
year (2013, way back then) I had a bunch leak,
new in th box. Some Energizer D cells, and some
Rayovac D cells. E sent me coupons, and R sent
me replacement batteries. Both were very nice
about it.

My curse rubbed off, a friend had Duracell D
cells leak in his good mag light. He's got two
grand kids who leave things turned on.

--
..
Christopher A. Young