Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energizer AA cheap

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:43:40 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

On 2014-01-07, gonjah wrote:

Best place I've seen for alkaline batteries is Costco. Kirkland
Signature AA are rated almost as good as Duracell and cost $.50 per.
Energizer Max and Gold are rated lower and cost more per Consumer

I bought a pack of Kirkland Signature AA batteries a couple of years ago
and started installing them in the 10 or so wall clocks in our office
when needed.

Now, when a clock stops and I go to replace the single AA battery in it
I find (every time) that the Kirkland AA has leaked chemicals out of one
or both ends, necessitating my having to clean off the contacts before I
put in a new (NOT Kirkland) battery.

I never ran into that kind of problem in recent decades with other
battery manufacturers' products. I suppose I could keep a schedule of
when I replaced a battery in a clock and put in a new one early enough
to prevent leaking, but I've got enough to deal with here already.

I wrote to Costco about this over a month ago and so far have received
nothing but an acknowledgement of receipt of that message.

Never again Kirkland batteries for me.

I've recently had the same problem with both Duracell and Energizer
AAs. The only reason to buy the brand names is the warranty. If
you're into sending stuff back, buy them. Otherwise, buy cheap and
replace often.

(You never get more than you pay for y'know.)

Paying more is no guaranty of getting any more.