Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot Incident

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:27:59 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West

Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws

remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

It would seem difficult to cut both arms with a handsaw...do you cut one half-way and use that one to cut the other completely off? Not very pleasant to ponder!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2013 11:27 AM, Oren wrote:
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

And you'll need a background check and a waiting period to buy one.
And better not be caught within 100 yards of a school with one.
But it'd be a waste of money, because the government is gonna come
confiscate any saw over 3 inches.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:49:48 PM UTC-5, mike wrote:
On 4/11/2013 11:27 AM, Oren wrote:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West

Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws

remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

And you'll need a background check and a waiting period to buy one.

And better not be caught within 100 yards of a school with one.

But it'd be a waste of money, because the government is gonna come

confiscate any saw over 3 inches.

You know what...at least he didn't cut someone else's arm off! Is it necessary to turn this into something political?

Sometimes curbing your tongue can do a lot for the gutter!
Posted to alt.home.repair

would you prefer he had a gun?

fewer handguns is a no brainer

rifles are ok [much harder to conceal]

marc

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:
would you prefer he had a gun?

fewer handguns is a no brainer

rifles are ok [much harder to conceal]

marc

So, will we have fewer handguns if we pass a law saying
no more can be sold or manufactured ?// Hmmmm....probly not.

One suggestion is using "Affirmative Action" to say that
handguns cannot be sold to blacks...... According to
the FBI statistics, .... that would cut down on the majority
of homicides......

Then , the rest of America would have to rely on
Planned Parenthood to reduce the level of crime.....

...... or is that approach "racist ' ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

And that slowed down the Batman theater guy?

Or the Colmbine guys?

Or the Sandy Hook nutcase?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:

rifles are ok [much harder to conceal]

marc

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:27:59 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

They will if the guy or his family comes back and sues HD for leaving the handsaws accessible.

I'm sure they'll come up with some sob story about how the man suffers from some form of mental illness and he was off his medication, and how it wasn't his fault that he tried to saw his own arms off, it was the illness. It was HD's fault for leaving the saws unsecured where a mentally ill person could access them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...amedic-West-Co
vina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

And you'll need a background check and a waiting period to buy one.
And better not be caught within 100 yards of a school with one.
But it'd be a waste of money, because the government is gonna come
confiscate any saw over 3 inches.

How many TPI max?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:
would you prefer he had a gun?

fewer handguns is a no brainer

rifles are ok [much harder to conceal]

marc

So, will we have fewer handguns if we pass a law saying
no more can be sold or manufactured ?// Hmmmm....probly not.

One suggestion is using "Affirmative Action" to say that
handguns cannot be sold to blacks...... According to
the FBI statistics, .... that would cut down on the majority
of homicides......

Then , the rest of America would have to rely on
Planned Parenthood to reduce the level of crime.....

..... or is that approach "racist ' ?

I favor more gun control but I wonder what this country would be like
if it was a requirement for every citizen with a minimum age, to have
at least one gun in their possession and must be armed in public at
all times. Give it a 5 yr. plan and then re-assess the law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob_Villa wrote in
:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...er-Paramedic-W
est-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

It would seem difficult to cut both arms with a handsaw...do you
cut one half-way and use that one to cut the other completely
off? Not very pleasant to ponder!

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We can't have high capacity saws out in the hands of commoners. Think of the
children, man! One maniac rampaging through a school with a high capacity
hand saw. It's too terrible. We've got to do something to reduce the
availability of high capacity saws. Why, if only one limb can be saved.
Isn't it worth it?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Red Green" wrote in message

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

But it'd be a waste of money, because the government is gonna come
confiscate any saw over 3 inches.

How many TPI max?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:34:34 -0500, Doug
wrote:

I favor more gun control but I wonder what this country would be like
if it was a requirement for every citizen with a minimum age, to have
at least one gun in their possession and must be armed in public at
all times. Give it a 5 yr. plan and then re-assess the law.

The thread was about handsaws at HD.

This is what will happen with "poorly" crafted gun laws. The gun
threads you were going to stay out of.

Pay attention when gun laws are made in the darkness of night, like in
New York. An innocent man is now harmed and .... well watch it.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/america-live/index.html#http://video.foxnews.com/v/2293945945001/new-york-tells-legal-gun-owner-to-hand-over-weapons/?playlist_id=87651
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I favor more gun control but I wonder what this country would be like
if it was a requirement for every citizen with a minimum age, to have
at least one gun in their possession and must be armed in public at
all times. Give it a 5 yr. plan and then re-assess the law.

The thread was about handsaws at HD.

This is what will happen with "poorly" crafted gun laws. The gun
threads you were going to stay out of.

Pay attention when gun laws are made in the darkness of night, like in
New York. An innocent man is now harmed and .... well watch it.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/america-live/index.html#http://video.foxnews.com/v/2293945945001/new-york-tells-legal-gun-owner-to-hand-over-weapons/?playlist_id=87651

I couldn't resist the Gun fun. I'll check the link later tonite.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:45:08 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.

Check here pal: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ia-home-depot/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:45:08 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.

Check here pal: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ia-home-depot/

Hey pal. Only the headline states he "Tries to Cut Off His Arms".
Nothing in the article remotely suggest that.

More sensationalized media hype by the liberal media.
Is the reporter a mind reader? Don't thing so.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

Off-Duty Firefighter Saves Man Who Cuts Himself With Saws at West Covina Home Depot | NBC Southern California

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...
That's gotta be drug-related. That guy musta been halucinating something bizarre happening to his arms or something.

Newspaper headlines are getting crazier and crazier because people do crazy things when they're all lit up.

Last edited by nestork : April 12th 13 at 01:00 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob_Villa wrote in news:7286093c-6d5b-4cff-be1d-
:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:45:08 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.

Check here pal:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...o-cut-off-his-
arms-at-california-home-depot/

Check the context that you conveniently snipped out, "pal". The post I responded to said:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

"attempted to cut his arms". Not "attempted to cut off his arms".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:27:59 -0700, Oren wrote:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

Saws should be locked and only sold after a background check and
proper permits. A 7 to 10 day waiting period would be good too.
Power saws will be registered and must have a locking device on the
plug.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:
[...]

There's already a version of that law in Kennesaw, GA, although enforcement
is a bit lax.

http://rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the
city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a
gun in the house.

*** Snip ***

[He] said the law in its final form has many loopholes, so not everyone is
required to own a gun.

There are many outs," he said. "When you look at it, almost anyone could
fit into one of the exempted groups."

Kennesaw Police Chief Dwaine Wilson said no one has ever been prosecuted
under the ordinance.

Among those exempt are residents "who conscientiously oppose maintaining
firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine."

*** Snip ***

In other words, residents are required by law to keep a gun in their house,
unless they don't want to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2013 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

I'm going to write my Congressman to introduce a law for handsaw control
and restrictions on the number of teeth a saw can have. If
it saves one life, it's worth restricting access to and possession
of high tooth capacity handsaws especially those with more than one
handle. Universal background checks before anyone can own a handsaw
will prevent tragic mass sawing events. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sawzall blades, max of 7 per package. No more 10 packs of sawzall blades. No
one needs 10 sawzall blades to shoot a deer.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

Saws should be locked and only sold after a background check and
proper permits. A 7 to 10 day waiting period would be good too.
Power saws will be registered and must have a locking device on the
plug.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:31:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

"attempted to cut his arms". Not "attempted to cut off his arms".

You were nitpicking so I thought I would...got a problem pal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

One suggestion is using "Affirmative Action" to say that
handguns cannot be sold to blacks...... According to
the FBI statistics, .... that would cut down on the majority
of homicides......

Then , the rest of America would have to rely on
Planned Parenthood to reduce the level of crime.....

..... or is that approach "racist ' ?

Your plan isn't one bit racist but it does have a minor flaw.

It should read "Use Affirmative Action to say that handguns cannot be
STOLEN by blacks. However, we already have laws on the books similar
to that but the penalty for violating those laws doesn't carry a death
sentence.

If they did carry a death sentence we would have no repeat offenders
or overcrowding of prisons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:19:59 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/11/2013 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

I'm going to write my Congressman to introduce a law for handsaw control
and restrictions on the number of teeth a saw can have. If
it saves one life, it's worth restricting access to and possession
of high tooth capacity handsaws especially those with more than one
handle. Universal background checks before anyone can own a handsaw
will prevent tragic mass sawing events. o_O

TDD

Please include in this letter that high capacity automatic assault
bone saws only be sold to butchers with a federally issued bone saw
license. Do it for the children.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:55:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:27:59 -0700, Oren wrote:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

Wonder if HD will now lock handsaws in cages...

Saws should be locked and only sold after a background check and
proper permits. A 7 to 10 day waiting period would be good too.
Power saws will be registered and must have a locking device on the
plug.

.... you mean a saw stop, for extra safety?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:
[...]

Nelson, GA just passed a similar ordinance.

"...The law is also meant to pre-empt any future attempt by the
federal government to confiscate guns, according to the council’s
agenda."

"...The measure is modeled after a law adopted in 1982 by Kennesaw"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17567999-georgia-town-passes-law-requiring-citizens-to-own-guns-and-ammo?lite
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:47:08 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Please include in this letter that high capacity automatic assault

bone saws only be sold to butchers with a federally issued bone saw

license. Do it for the children.

You must get your rocks-off talking **** like this...if senseless and unfeeling had a name it would be you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/11/2013 1:27 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

But children are great with barbeque sauce, the toes are the crunchy
part. That's what I tell little kids all the time and they'll run away
screaming then 5 minutes later, they're back hanging off of me wanting
to wrestle and ride on my shoulders, etc. Little kids are a hoot. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:31:09 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Bob_Villa wrote in news:7286093c-6d5b-4cff-be1d-
:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:45:08 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.

Check here pal: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...o-cut-off-his-

arms-at-california-home-depot/

Check the context that you conveniently snipped out, "pal". The post I responded to said:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

"attempted to cut his arms". Not "attempted to cut off his arms".

Doug, literally you are right but truthfully at first I thought it was
just a play on words and implied to be the same. Now I'm not sure
which way it was meant.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:02:19 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:47:08 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Please include in this letter that high capacity automatic assault

bone saws only be sold to butchers with a federally issued bone saw

license. Do it for the children.

You must get your rocks-off talking **** like this...if senseless and unfeeling had a name it would be you.

You liberals always talk about "feelings", never about logic or humor.
Never present facts - you just spew what you THINK you know. Always
thinking that you have some magical superiority above others.

When do you start calling me names, like "racist"? Any moment now I
guess.

It would not bother me one bit if you swallowed a gun barrel!!

And for the record, I don't give one "****" about your feelings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:24:09 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

But children are great with barbeque sauce, the toes are the crunchy
part. That's what I tell little kids all the time and they'll run away
screaming then 5 minutes later, they're back hanging off of me wanting
to wrestle and ride on my shoulders, etc. Little kids are a hoot. ^_^

TDD

....tell 'em the "sack man" is coming to get 'em

Eyes get real big listening a hoot. You can't get them off you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But children are great with barbeque sauce, the toes are the crunchy
part. That's what I tell little kids all the time and they'll run away
screaming then 5 minutes later, they're back hanging off of me wanting
to wrestle and ride on my shoulders, etc. Little kids are a hoot. ^_^

TDD

...tell 'em the "sack man" is coming to get 'em

Eyes get real big listening a hoot. You can't get them off you.

When one of my little friends is in my lap or giving me a hug, I look at
the little person and wonder how could any adult ever think of harming
this little person in any way? I have a real problem with filthy
minded people, usually very religious, who think there is some
perversion going on when I tell them I love little children. I give them
the dirty mind test. I ask: If I told you I love hamburgers and pork
chops, would you automatically assume I was having sex with farm
animals? When they indignantly respond with "Of course not!" I then ask:
Then why in the hell would assume there was sex involved when I told you
I loved little children? Never forget, the toes are the crunchy part. ^_^

TDD
Senior Member

I'm taking bets on that the guy that attacked the students in that school in Texas and the guy that attacked himself with a saw were put up to it by the NRA.

I'm thinking the NRA just wants to show the democrats that things would be even messier if all the crazies didn't have guns to attack people with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If I see or know of a person that harms a child, they will be lucky to
live another day. I've read prison files of child molesters.

Kids laugh when you tickle them with your whiskered chin, blow air
farts on their belly and tickle them.

I'll go to jail protecting a child. The molester first has to suffer
my wrath and torture, first. It will not be a short period, but a long
one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:45:04 +0000, nestork
wrote:

I'm taking bets on that the guy that attacked the students in that
school in Texas and the guy that attacked himself with a saw were put up
to it by the NRA.

I'll take that bet. Bring me some facts as to your supposition!!

I'm thinking the NRA just wants to show the democrats that things would
be even messier if all the crazies didn't have guns to attack people
with.

Do you really THINK all members of the NRA are Republicans? You would
be a dammed fool to think that.

The NRA has members from Democrats, Libertarians, and Republicans.

BTW, what DO you know about the NRA??! Take as many lines as you need
to explain that one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm taking bets on that the guy that attacked the students in that

school in Texas and the guy that attacked himself with a saw were put up

to it by the NRA.

I'll take that bet. Bring me some facts as to your supposition!!

....and you think he was serious? There goes your credibility (if you ever had any)!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2013 12:45 AM, nestork wrote:
I'm taking bets on that the guy that attacked the students in that
school in Texas and the guy that attacked himself with a saw were put up
to it by the NRA.

I'm thinking the NRA just wants to show the democrats that things would
be even messier if all the crazies didn't have guns to attack people
with.

Hell no! It was the NSA, National Saw Association! They're a new
terrorist organization trying to draw attention to themselves by
cutting up. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It sounds like you have feelings...you might be improving with God's good grace.