Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default Home Depot Incident

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:31:09 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Bob_Villa wrote in news:7286093c-6d5b-4cff-be1d-
:

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:45:08 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

The difference between "cut" and "cut off" seems to have eluded you.

Check here pal: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...o-cut-off-his-

arms-at-california-home-depot/

Check the context that you conveniently snipped out, "pal". The post I responded to said:

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

"attempted to cut his arms". Not "attempted to cut off his arms".

Doug, literally you are right but truthfully at first I thought it was
just a play on words and implied to be the same. Now I'm not sure
which way it was meant.