Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot Incident

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:56:43 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Doug wrote:
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:54:54 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

On Apr 11, 2:49 pm, wrote:
would you prefer he had a gun?

fewer handguns is a no brainer

rifles are ok [much harder to conceal]

marc

So, will we have fewer handguns if we pass a law saying
no more can be sold or manufactured ?// Hmmmm....probly not.

One suggestion is using "Affirmative Action" to say that
handguns cannot be sold to blacks...... According to
the FBI statistics, .... that would cut down on the majority
of homicides......

Then , the rest of America would have to rely on
Planned Parenthood to reduce the level of crime.....

..... or is that approach "racist ' ?

I favor more gun control but I wonder what this country would be like
if it was a requirement for every citizen with a minimum age, to have
at least one gun in their possession and must be armed in public at
all times. Give it a 5 yr. plan and then re-assess the law.

There's already a version of that law in Kennesaw, GA, although enforcement
is a bit lax.

http://rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the
city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a
gun in the house.

*** Snip ***

[He] said the law in its final form has many loopholes, so not everyone is
required to own a gun.

There are many outs," he said. "When you look at it, almost anyone could
fit into one of the exempted groups."

Kennesaw Police Chief Dwaine Wilson said no one has ever been prosecuted
under the ordinance.

Among those exempt are residents "who conscientiously oppose maintaining
firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine."

*** Snip ***

In other words, residents are required by law to keep a gun in their house,
unless they don't want to.

Nelson, GA just passed a similar ordinance.

"...The law is also meant to pre-empt any future attempt by the
federal government to confiscate guns, according to the council’s
agenda."

"...The measure is modeled after a law adopted in 1982 by Kennesaw"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17567999-georgia-town-passes-law-requiring-citizens-to-own-guns-and-ammo?lite