Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Save the whales! Or the Christians?

On Jan 13, 7:16*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Harry K wrote:
On Jan 12, 12:27 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 05:44:28 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

I always liked:

"Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth
into battle -- be Thou near them! With them -- in spirit -- we also
go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the
foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds
with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the
pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of
the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help
us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help
us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing
grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little
children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated
land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in
summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with
travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it
--

"For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight
their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their

Amen.

Is this Gen. George Patton? 3rd Army....

No, it's the "War Prayer" by Mark Twain.- Hide quoted text -

Now how did I miss that? * I am a great fan of his and somehow didn't
recognize the quote.

Harry K

Well, it does have the word "prayer" in the title.- Hide quoted text -

Oh! Well then I will take 1 second out to "respect" it.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred prayed Twice Per Day..."

On Jan 13, 5:36*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
None is so blind, but he who refuses to see.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Harry K" wrote in message

Both have exactly the same evidence to their beliefs, i.e., none at
all. *Both work from a book of myths and legends.

Harry K

Harry K

Unfortunately by the time I was 18 I was able to see that there was
nothing behind the curtain. Some people, too many actually, never get
to that point.

The decline of church membership in all sects and cults is almost
precipitous.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 7:53*am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 8:27*am, Tony Miklos wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

The Middle Ages came-up with an Earth that was flat.

Odd, the bible states that the earh has "corners". How would that
work unless it was flat?

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2012 10:53 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a sphere.
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a sphere. A
dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The bottom of a dome
would be flat.

Really ??
A dome is simple a portion of a sphere.
What makes you imagine that it's necessarily only a part of a sphere ?
What makes you think that because YOU BELIEVE it to mean a half of a sphere,
it actually WAS meant as half of a sphere ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ership_history

The numbers don't agree with you.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

The decline of church membership in all sects and cults is almost
precipitous.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2012 12:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ership_history

The numbers don't agree with you.

Do those numbers show, or even count how many members leave the church?
I know the catholic church likes to add people but not subtract them
when they leave.

"Harry wrote in message

The decline of church membership in all sects and cults is almost
precipitous.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Much of what happened in the Bible was acts of God. Mankind wrote down what
happened, or what they remembered. Mankind translated it. Much of the
writing and translating was done by the direction of God.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't know the answer to that.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
On 1/13/2012 12:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ership_history

The numbers don't agree with you.

Do those numbers show, or even count how many members leave the church?
I know the catholic church likes to add people but not subtract them
when they leave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. *A dome is not the same as a sphere
* A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. *The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 10:23*am, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 13, 7:53*am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27*am, Tony Miklos wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

The Middle Ages came-up with an Earth that was flat.

Odd, the bible states that the earth has "corners". *How would that
work unless it was flat?

Harry K

"4 corners" is a term...can you tell me where it is in the Bible?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, don't want to need a Hussein maneuver.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a sphere
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, I can find it...

http://lds.org/scriptures/nt/rev/7.1?lang=eng#primary

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Odd, the bible states that the earth has "corners". How would that
work unless it was flat?

Harry K

"4 corners" is a term...can you tell me where it is in the Bible?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message ...
On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?
Posted to alt.home.repair

That, grasshopper, is a very good question. The answer can be found, but it
will take work.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote in message
b.com...

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 4:15*pm, "Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"Tony Miklos" wrote in ...
On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? *Did he translate it over and over? *Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?

Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2012 6:50 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 4:15 pm, "Mr. Grumpypants"grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"Tony wrote in ...
On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?

Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!

A Hawkings believer?

"Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created
itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the
moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a
point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in
effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there
was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't
have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me,
this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time
for a Creator to have existed.""
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Miklos writes:

[...]

There was a good PBS special on this a while back.
There wasn't a lot of agreement on "before the big bang".
Some interesting ideas though...

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. *A dome is not the same as a sphere
* A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. *The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry wrote in message

Both have exactly the same evidence to their beliefs, i.e., none at
all. Both work from a book of myths and legends.

Harry K

Harry K

Unfortunately by the time I was 18 I was able to see that there was
nothing behind the curtain. Some people, too many actually, never get
to that point.

The decline of church membership in all sects and cults is almost
precipitous.

Harry K

the assemblies of God numbers have been on the rise since their
inception also.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred Masturbaited Twice Per Day..."

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message ...
On Jan 13, 4:15 pm, "Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"Tony Miklos" wrote in ...
On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?

Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!

WTF????? But I guess that makes as much sense as all the other theories. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. *A dome is not the same as a sphere
* A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. *The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

Your explanation didn't say anything about the flat base though...did
it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:53:57 -0500, "Mr. Grumpypants"
grumpypants@webtv wrote:

Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!

WTF????? But I guess that makes as much sense as all the other theories. LOL

But if there was nothing, what would make the big bang?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred created a universe Twice Per Day..."

Texans with large firearms?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

But if there was nothing, what would make the big bang?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a sphere
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

So how do you picture a dome as the atmosphere around a spherical earth?
A dome shape could easily cover something that is flat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/14/2012 5:26 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a sphere
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

Your explanation didn't say anything about the flat base though...did
it?

The flat part would be the flat earth as they then thought. How would a
dome cover a spherical earth?
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.

God, Dome, flat.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

So how do you picture a dome as the atmosphere around a spherical earth?
A dome shape could easily cover something that is flat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/14/2012 10:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.

God, Dome, flat.

That's cheating, god beats them all.

"Tony wrote in message
A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

So how do you picture a dome as the atmosphere around a spherical earth?
A dome shape could easily cover something that is flat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. *A dome is not the same as a sphere
* A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. *The bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

Your explanation didn't say anything about the flat base though...did
it?- Hide quoted text -

what part of "top half" did you miss? Clue: the bottom would be
flat.n It it isn't clear enought, grab a ball and cut it in half.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony *wrote in message
A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

So how do you picture a dome as the atmosphere around a spherical earth?
* * A dome shape could easily cover something that is flat.- Hide quoted text -

At least according to the myths

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

* *https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ch_of_Jesus_Ch...

"Harry *wrote in message

The decline of church membership in all sects and cults is almost
precipitous.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

And during mass there are only a small congregations, to the point
where churches are sharing a traveling priest and mass is only heard
once/day. Same is pretty much true of all the mainstream religions,
it is only the fringe cults that may be increasing. Cult in the
general meaning that _all_ religions are cults.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred Masturbated Twice Per Day..."

grumpypants@webtv wrote:
Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!

WTF????? But I guess that makes as much sense as all the other theories. LOL

But if there was nothing, what would make the big bang?

Thou shalt have faith and believe in science.

Those who accept science into their heart (and other organs) will spend
eternity in the glorious kingdom of heaven. Those who don't will roast
in hell for all time.

And if want a front row seat in heaven, don't forget to tithe the
science department of your local university.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

[...]

Top half, right...of a sphere!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The LDS churches I know, the various congregations. Typically overflow
crowds, and establishing new congregations on a regular basis.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

And during mass there are only a small congregations, to the point
where churches are sharing a traveling priest and mass is only heard
once/day. Same is pretty much true of all the mainstream religions,
it is only the fringe cults that may be increasing. Cult in the
general meaning that _all_ religions are cults.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony *wrote:

[...]

Top half, right...of a sphere!- Hide quoted text -

Apparently you are being deliberately obtuse. A 6 yoa child would
understand it.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:07*am, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony Miklos wrote:

Hey! *The bible was written by the same people who said the earth was
flat. *It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. *Genesis/Creation refers to the "Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

The Middle Ages came-up with an Earth that was flat.

The atheists work off ignorant prejudice most of the time, due a a badly
misplace superiority complex

I'm sorry that reality smacks religion in the ass so often.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

grumpypants@webtv *wrote:
Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". *Believers do not see a conundrum here!

WTF????? But I guess that makes as much sense as all the other theories. LOL

But if there was nothing, what would make the big bang?

Thou shalt have faith and believe in science.

Those who accept science into their heart (and other organs) will spend
eternity in the glorious kingdom of heaven. *Those who don't will roast
in hell for all time.

And if want a front row seat in heaven, don't forget to tithe the
science department of your local university.

Replace the word "science" with "religion" in the above and you would
be spot on.

Harry K