Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default "If Fred prayed Twice Per Day..."

Tony Miklos writes:

On 1/13/2012 6:50 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 4:15 pm, "Mr. Grumpypants"grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"Tony wrote in ...
On 1/13/2012 11:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the two are some how related?

God reveals truth, and people make guesses about the world. I can't see the
connection.

Did God write the bible? Did he translate it over and over? Or did
fallible man write it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it
making errors each time?

All very good questions.

And I wanna know if God evolved or if she was created?

Hawkings says before the "Big Bang" there was nothing...and everything
was created from "nothing". Believers do not see a conundrum here!

A Hawkings believer?

"Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created
itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the
moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a
point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in
effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black
hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because
there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that
doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist
in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because
there is no time for a Creator to have existed.""

There was a good PBS special on this a while back.
There wasn't a lot of agreement on "before the big bang".
Some interesting ideas though...

--
Dan Espen