Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Save the whales! Or the Christians?

On Jan 12, 5:40*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder sometimes. If I kneel in front of the bed, or at the wrong
angle on the side. Will some elderly woman in Kansas City MO get a
wicked head rush, which is the prayer I meant for someone in the next
town over from me?

If you face toward Mecca, you should be okay.

How would you know where Paul McCartney is at any given time?

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred rolled tables Twice Per Day..."

What would he use for table edging?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred attended church Twice Per Day..."

Wow, a man that doesn't believe in anything? That's pretty spooky. He needs
to accept nothing into his heart, get no where and make a profession of his
atheism. Go to see an atheist, have no ordinance done, in the name of
nobody. Get a water nothing done, and a nothing in the unholy absence of
anything. So he can remain unsaved, and not go to no where when he dies. His
eternal vacuous and vapid is at stake, man!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 3:55 pm, The Daring Dufas

I meant doesn't believe in all four. ^_^

TDD

ROTFLOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred attended the saloon Twice Per Day..."

A man's got to believe in something. Fred believes he'll have another drink.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2012 6:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wow, a man that doesn't believe in anything? That's pretty spooky. He needs
to accept nothing into his heart, get no where and make a profession of his
atheism. Go to see an atheist, have no ordinance done, in the name of
nobody. Get a water nothing done, and a nothing in the unholy absence of
anything. So he can remain unsaved, and not go to no where when he dies. His
eternal vacuous and vapid is at stake, man!

When I was six years old, I had a very sensitive and extremely accurate
hypocrisy and auditory male bovine droppings detector during the time I
was remanded to The Catholic Parochial Gulag. The mistake I made was
demonstrating my super power to the nuns, I still have knots on my head,
from revealing my secret, more than a half century later. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred Beat His Meat Twice Per Day..."

On Jan 11, 8:07*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/11/2012 7:21 PM, Woody wrote:

As a small boy, I survive a Catholic Parochial Gulag. I have no fear of
terrorists because Irish nuns were brought in when I was in the second
grade so nothing scares me except for this odd dread of albino penguins
I can't seem to shake off. o_O

TDD

Do you think the nuns were so ornery because they seldom (if ever) got
laid?

It was back in the middle of the last century when child rearing was
based on keeping children in constant terror. My first grade teacher
was an American nun and even more ornery and I had another female
teacher who was not a nun, just as mean. It was a different era before
Political Correctness and The Dumbassification of America became part
of the educational system. When I was in college, I do remember hearing
that those loony Irish nuns, who tormented me so, left the order and one
of them wound up marrying one of the priests who also resigned from the
priesthood. Any kids they may have had would be in their 50's now. I
sort of wonder how screwed up their offspring may be or if they were
able to recover after many years like I did except for the weird tic
and other involuntary movements that plague me? The nightmares with
giant albino penguins chasing me stopped when I was about 30. o_O

TDD

Was that in Kansas and was the Priest's last name Phelps?

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Psssssstttt!

Me and Copernicus want you to know that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Don't tell anybody because the religious nutcakes will put you under house arrest.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message .. .
A man's got to believe in something. Fred believes he'll have another drink.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

On Jan 16, 3:55 pm, The Daring Dufas

I meant doesn't believe in all four. ^_^

TDD

ROTFLOL

I'm on your side...but you are one sick pup!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2012 6:47 PM, Country wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:07 pm, The Daring
wrote:
[...]

Naaa, Country, I thought you knew I am from Alabamastan. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
news
On 1/15/2012 8:52 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:42 am, Harry wrote:
On Jan 11, 12:38 pm, "Steve wrote:

wrote in message

On 1/10/2012 1:00 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Amazing. Mormons think they are Jewish and want all Jews to become
Mormons!

You should recruit from God's largest and most profitable franchise,
the
catholic church.

NOT true. The Mormon church (?) and its holdings make the Catholics
look
like a bunch of streetcorner panhandlers.

Steve

But the Mormons are a really young newcomer in the cult game. The RC's
have been at it for centuries and have reaped the pockets of the
congregations in all countries ever since.

Harry K

So...you would compare Catholicism to Scientology? You ARE deluded!

"comparing" would imply being the same. No they are not the same. But
both are just as wrong as the other.

Bzzt
Comparing does NOT imply sameness
Particularly if the purpose of the comparison is to identify differences and
similarities

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:26 pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:56:58 -0500, Al Goar wrote:
On 1/15/2012 7:16 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 06:36:11 -0800 (PST), Harry

wrote:

On Jan 15, 4:57 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I think he'd be better off to attend church, and hear what
God has to say.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Jack wrote in message

And if want a front row seat in heaven, don't forget to tithe the
science department of your local university.

Replace the word "science" with "religion" in the above and you
would
be spot on.

Harry K

Whooooosh!

Odd, I was drug to church every week for 14 years and never heard one
word except from that guy asking for money.

We certainly know what's important to you.

If you're not a true believer, you'll roast in hell for eternity.
Now I ask you again, are you a true believer?

My answer: You're crazy!- Hide quoted text -

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? The odds say that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

You need to read what Blaise Pascal, the father of Probabilities and
Statistics, had to say about belief in God
It's called Pascal's Wager
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 5:00 am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 16, 6:22 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Harry K wrote:

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? The odds say
that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

The difficulty with atheists is not that they don't believe; the
problem is
that atheists believe too many things.

They believe too much in themselves...

First off we don't "believe", we accept facts and evidence.

Or at least, that's what you like to believe about yourselves

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred prayed Twice Per Day..."

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
On 1/15/2012 10:49 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:46 am, Tony wrote:
On 1/15/2012 9:29 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 14, 10:00 pm, Harry wrote:
On Jan 14, 11:04 am, wrote:

On Jan 14, 12:10 pm, Harry wrote:

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, Harry wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:43 am, wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:35 am, Tony wrote:

On 1/13/2012 10:53 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony
wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said the
earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to the
"Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same as a
sphere
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The
bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

Your explanation didn't say anything about the flat base
though...did
it?- Hide quoted text -

what part of "top half" did you miss? Clue: the bottom would be
flat.n It it isn't clear enought, grab a ball and cut it in half.

Harry K

Top half, right...of a sphere!- Hide quoted text -

Apparently you are being deliberately obtuse. A 6 yoa child would
understand it.

Harry K

Right!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

Yes indeed! First sentence of what you described as the earths
atmosphe

"A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the
hollow upper half of a sphere."

Can you see the words "upper half of a sphere"? Do you know what they
mean?

And YOU ASSume there is NO lower-half!

Yes, unlike you I go by the definition, not my made up interpretation.

No even close.
Assuming something is NOT "going by the definition"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/14/2012 5:26 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

[...]

The flat part would be the flat earth as they then thought. How would
a dome cover a spherical earth?

Well it would cover the visible portion ANYWHERE on a round planet.
Are you suggesting that people in south of the Equator do NOT see the
heavens as a dome ?

You got in the discussion too late. It's not me who thinks the earth
is flat, and if you used a dome shape atmosphere as was earlier
mentioned, only half of the earth could support life. That comes from
the bible thumpers not me.

Keep trying
If you repeat yourself long enough, you'll even manage to convince
yourself that your smart.

LOL, you are already at that point.

This from someone who admits making assumptions in the same sentence that he
claims going by what is written
The applicable descriptive would be "delusional".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/15/2012 9:44 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

[...]

NOPE
What if your "platform is NOT through the center of the sphere ?
Would the curved part be less of a "dome" for all that ?
Funny how doing a search for "geodesic dome" brings your pictures of
partial and COMPLETE spheres...

http://www.google.com/search?q=geode...w=1050&bih=581

No one here described the atmosphere as a geodesic dome, try the
definition of dome silly.

Whooosh.
So tell me, can you actually hear the sound made by a concept that goes
in of your ears, out the other and never slows down in between ?
Or are we talking about vacuum between your ears ?

A geodesic "dome" IS a "dome, silly
So if a geodesic dome happens to be more or less than "half a sphere",
is it less of a "Dome" for all that ??

A dome by definition is NOT restricted to the curved form of
HALF of a sphere

as originally claimed
It would be the inside or outside curved surface ANYWHERE between
1 = "sphere" 0

It is also NOT depended on the shape of any base that the sphere may be
attached to, or apparently resting on.

Draw a picture of the spherical earth we live on with a domed atmosphere
around it and post a link.

LOL
Here's something easier to do
Get yourself on a boat in the middle of the ocean, with no land in sight
Look around you and tell us that the atmosphere does not form a dome
around you, with the ocean as the flat base.
Then tell yourself the atmosphere above you, or the earth under you is
no a sphere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/15/2012 9:46 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony wrote:

[...]

Does not even have to be "half"
If you stand on the inside wall of a sphere, everything that surrounds
you is effectively a "dome".

Now you describe being inside the earth looking out.

NO stupid
I'm talking about the atmosphere

Please draw a picture of the earth we live on with a dome for our
atmosphere and post a link.

Simpler still
Get your stupid lazy ass on a boat in the middle of a sea with no land in
sight
And then tell yourself that the atmosphere that forms a dome above you, or
the ocean forming the flat base under in are not part of the planetary
sphere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 6:46 am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:39 am, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 15, 6:29 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 14, 10:00 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 14, 11:04 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 14, 12:10 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:43 am, Bob_Villa
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Right!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome-Hidequoted text -

Says the same thing I posted. Comes out to 'domes have a flat
bottom'...or top if you turn them upside down.

So just what areyou trying to argue?

Harry K

1st thing in a Google search and the 1st sentence, "A dome is a
structural element of architecture that resembles the hollow upper
half of a sphere."
You only see what you want to see!- Hide quoted text -

So how about yhou defining a "dome" in such a way that it _doesn't_
have a flat surface, usually the bottom.

If you're sitting in a boat in the middle of a sea out of sight of land
The water will appear as the flat surface with respect to the "dome" of the
heavens
That does not make the earth flat for all that
Now does it ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 8:58*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:29:13 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Jan 15, 10:04*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:41:44 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

"Jack *wrote in message

And if want a front row seat in heaven, don't forget to tithe the
science department of your local university.

Replace the word "science" with "religion" in the above and you would
be spot on.

Harry K

Whooooosh!

Odd, I was drug to church every week for 14 years and never heard one
word except from that guy asking for money.

We certainly know what's important to you.

If you're not a true believer, you'll roast in hell for eternity.
Now I ask you again, are you a true believer?

My answer: You're crazy!- Hide quoted text -

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? *The odds say that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

As I said, you're crazy (and filled with hate). *...and it really is that
simple.- Hide quoted text -

Odd, one word from an atheist and the theist instantly begins with the
"hate" and lies about atheist's morals. *If you can't address a point
that is made, then don't bother replying at all. *Won't make you look
like such an ass.

I did address the point dummy. *You're a hate-filled, crazy, asshole. *No
doubt about it.- Hide quoted text -

Odd that it is the theist every time that resorts to insults. Perhaps
because they know they have nothing to support their beliefs?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 8:58*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:30:32 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Jan 16, 8:08*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 05:22:04 -0500, Al Goar wrote:
On 1/15/2012 11:41 PM, Harry K wrote:

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? *The odds say that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

Harry K

So true!

No, it's so FALSE.

Explain how me _not_ believing a god is _not_ beliving in one less god
than you.

Think about it, dummy.

You will probably have to think about that at least a bit
before replying again.

Something you should try sometime.- Hide quoted text -

Done 50 years ago and discovered that there is nothing behind the
curtain.

I'm sorry you are so embarrassed about your beliefs you can 'debate'
them but have to resort to insults.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 6:22 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Harry K wrote:

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? *The odds say
that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

The difficulty with atheists is not that they don't believe; the
problem is
that atheists believe too many things.

They believe too much in themselves...

First off we don't "believe", we accept facts and evidence.

Or at least, that's what you like to believe about yourselves- Hide quoted text -

So show what we belive is false. You could at least try to debate
the subject

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 7:39*pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

"Jack *wrote in message

[...]

* *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager- Hide quoted text -

Yep. It ties in with the theists usual threat "Believe...OR ELSE!".
A **** poor reason to believe in anything.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 2:21*pm, Al Goar wrote:
Maybe I'll be a believer when they find the ark that held two of every
animal on the planet while the flood waters receeded.

Even FEMA doesn't have a boat that big!

especially one built of wood. There are so many things about that
story that totally violate all the known laws of physics.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 9:01*am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:26:21 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Jan 15, 9:22*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:39:30 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Jan 15, 4:16*pm, "
wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message

And if want a front row seat in heaven, don't forget to tithe the
science department of your local university.

Replace the word "science" with "religion" in the above and you would
be spot on.

Harry K

Whooooosh!

Odd, I was drug to church every week for 14 years and never heard one
word except from that guy asking for money.

We certainly know what's important to you.- Hide quoted text -

it's called facts and evidence.

No, it's called "you remember what is important to you". *The evidence says
that money is more important than anything else. *It really is that simple.- Hide quoted text -

You _really_ like to make unwarranted projections don't you?

No, dummy, it's you who is constantly putting his foot in his mouth.- Hide quoted text -

I state facts, when are you going to support your beliefs with some?
Are you denying that all churches beg the congregation from money?

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 15, 8:39 am, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 15, 6:29 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 14, 10:00 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 14, 11:04 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 14, 12:10 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:43 am, Bob_Villa
wrote:

*wrote:

[...]

* * Now does it ?- Hide quoted text -

Stick to the subject. Your example is _exactly_ why the ancients
thought the earth was flat.

Any how: Your example illustrates perfectly that a dome has a flat
surface.

Or you could try explaining how your example leads one to believing
the earth is round...

Or even try explaining just what your point is. thus far it seems to
be nothing but denial that the definition of a dome is incorrect. If
that is it, then you need to be talking to the people who compile
dictionaries. Good luck with that.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2012 11:37 PM, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 16, 8:58 am, "
wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:29:13 -0800 (PST), Harry
wrote:

On Jan 15, 10:04 pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:41:44 -0800 (PST), Harry
wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:26 pm, "
wrote:

"Jack wrote in message

[...]

Yep, give yourself a pat on the back.
You know you've won the debate when they start slinging insults.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Attila.Iskander" wrote:

First off we don't "believe", we accept facts and evidence.

Or at least, that's what you like to believe about yourselves

If you want to get an atheist or other non-believer into an uproar,
remind them that their outlook is every bit as much a leap of faith as
the believer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 4:22 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? The odds say that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

The difficulty with atheists is not that they don't believe; the problem
is
that atheists believe too many things.

Ya mean like the facts and evidence that science has found?

Yes they actually believe that somehow they have facts and evidence.
Lack of evidence is not evidence

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 7:39 pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

"Jack wrote in message

[...]

Funny how that sillyness is alaways a fall back argument for some
There's no threat except in paranoid minds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 6:22 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Harry K wrote:

Out of all the religions, sects, cults that are out there, how do
you
know tht you have your money down on the right one? The odds say
that
you are betting on a losing one.

Atheists just believe in one less god than you do.

The difficulty with atheists is not that they don't believe; the
problem is
that atheists believe too many things.

They believe too much in themselves...

First off we don't "believe", we accept facts and evidence.

Or at least, that's what you like to believe about yourselves- Hide
quoted text -

So show what we belive is false.

Show that' what you blieve is any more true than what the theists believe.

You could at least try to debate the subject

When clearly you cannot ?
Asking others to prove your lack of belief is just intellectually
dishonest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 16, 10:39*pm, Harry K wrote:

Done 50 years ago and discovered that there is nothing behind the
curtain.

I'm sorry you are so embarrassed about your beliefs you can 'debate'
them but have to resort to insults.

Harry K

Actually, that is the point...you gave-up thinking 50 years ago and
assume that thinking was correct. (you have to admit, it is a
stand...and you don't cross the line) You cut-off reason and feeling
on the subject. I know because I was there!

It may be a "leap" of faith...but it is a kinder, gentler place to be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, the combat penguins weren't all that impressed with your talent? That's
a shame. A prophet is seldom accepted in his own land.

Happy MLK day, everyone. Would Dr. King like his life to be celebrated by
closing banks and government offices, and everyone staying home? Or would he
prefer people to get their selves back to work?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

When I was six years old, I had a very sensitive and extremely accurate
hypocrisy and auditory male bovine droppings detector during the time I
was remanded to The Catholic Parochial Gulag. The mistake I made was
demonstrating my super power to the nuns, I still have knots on my head,
from revealing my secret, more than a half century later. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just highlighting absurdity where I see it.

I wonder if there is an Atheist's Creed, or Profession of Faith?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:
Wow, a man that doesn't believe in anything? That's pretty spooky. He
needs
to accept nothing into his heart, get no where and make a profession of
his
atheism. Go to see an atheist, have no ordinance done, in the name of
nobody. Get a water nothing done, and a nothing in the unholy absence of
anything. So he can remain unsaved, and not go to no where when he dies.
His
eternal vacuous and vapid is at stake, man!

I'm on your side...but you are one sick pup!

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's interesting. I find that Anti-Mormons tend to be a bit insulting.
Usually, they are theists from other churches. Perhaps we have that in
common? Finding others to be insulting?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

Odd that it is the theist every time that resorts to insults. Perhaps
because they know they have nothing to support their beliefs?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Mormon approach is never to debate. Because debate brings anger, which
drives the Spirit away. Now, if a church represents Satan, that's fine. But,
a church of Christ should do as the Mormons do. Teach correct principles,
and invite others to follow.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

You need to read what Blaise Pascal, the father of Probabilities and
Statistics, had to say about belief in God
It's called Pascal's Wager
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager- Hide quoted text -

Yep. It ties in with the theists usual threat "Believe...OR ELSE!".
A **** poor reason to believe in anything.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

There's a lot of churches out there, who all claim to teach the Bible. And a
lot who teach other things like Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. How would we
know about "all churches"? Would be kind of tough to know about them all.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

You _really_ like to make unwarranted projections don't you?

No, dummy, it's you who is constantly putting his foot in his mouth.- Hide
quoted text -

I state facts, when are you going to support your beliefs with some?
Are you denying that all churches beg the congregation from money?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, this is Usenet! You don't win until they call you a f'ng Nazi.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Juan Deere" wrote in message
On 1/16/2012 11:37 PM, Harry K wrote:

I did address the point dummy. You're a hate-filled, crazy, asshole.
No
doubt about it.- Hide quoted text -

Odd that it is the theist every time that resorts to insults. Perhaps
because they know they have nothing to support their beliefs?

Harry K

Yep, give yourself a pat on the back.
You know you've won the debate when they start slinging insults.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've found that most Christian churches, they don't have the Spirit of the
Lord. So, it's very possible that many atheists have attended one or more
"dead" churches. And they figure all the rest are just as unappealing. Or,
the atheist may have attended an evil church at early age. Perhaps been
shunned, disciplined harshly, etc. That can really leave mental scars.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Actually, that is the point...you gave-up thinking 50 years ago and
assume that thinking was correct. (you have to admit, it is a
stand...and you don't cross the line) You cut-off reason and feeling
on the subject. I know because I was there!

It may be a "leap" of faith...but it is a kinder, gentler place to be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, that's a powerful concept. Why don't you send people out, in pairs of
two, and teach the world?

But, of course, that's false doctrine. Everyone knows that the sun rises in
the east, and sets in the west. So, it's the sun that moves.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Galileo Galilei" wrote in message
b.com...
Psssssstttt!

Me and Copernicus want you to know that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Don't tell anybody because the religious nutcakes will put you under house
arrest.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
A man's got to believe in something. Fred believes he'll have another
drink.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message

Actually, that is the point...you gave-up thinking 50 years ago and
assume that thinking was correct. *(you have to admit, it is a
stand...and you don't cross the line) You cut-off reason and feeling
on the subject. *I know because I was there!

It may be a "leap" of faith...but it is a kinder, gentler place to be.

You haven't been a Mormon all your life (if I remember correctly) so
you shouldn't assume the absence of the Spirit in other Christian
churches. It has to do with non-participation and being forced to
attend and maybe not getting the same teaching and good example at
home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "If Fred attended Mormon church Twice Per Day..."

Very true, I've only been Mormon for about 20 of my 50 years. That said,
I've attended services at half dozen other types of church, and havn't felt
the Spirit any where except Mormon services.

I can imagine that participation, etc, does make a difference.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..