Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:50:09 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
On 9/19/2010 9:44 AM, RickH wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing
machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean clothes
for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use about
a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small
mud
puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out tough
stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not
enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The
washer
does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10
minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in the
manual that this is "normal", bull****, they're just covering their
asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy told
me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.

I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE
agitatorless
washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one
that
uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with
mechanical
controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.

Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont
need
to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here.
These
washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.

I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the
only one having dirty clothes all the time.

Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I
GE General Electric GE ProfileT Topload Washer Infusor RainShower
SpeedWash
HydroWave with
Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...-

Confirming, yes it's these models.

Clothes still smell like sweat (son is in football, I work out, wife
works out) and whites do not get white, neither do stains come out, or
even the gray look to sock bottoms. Also pre-soaking is totally out
of the question because washer does not fill up enough to even cover
the clothes. Also the soap powder does not fully dissolve (not enough
water to do that) I switched to liquid soap but all of the above
issues are still there. Tries more soap tried less soap, tried
everything, the basic issue here is not enough water to do much of
anything. They look impressive and roomy for the price, but they are
pieces of crap. I'm not going to resort to using scented soap as that
is just a cover up, and neither the wife or I like scented soap.

I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life, GE has
stonewalled me for returns, they are even stone walling the store who
is trying to get them to take it back and re-sell it in their outlet.
I wil probably try to sell it for $100 in the local classifieds, then
go buy a normal washing machine and eat the loss.

I wouldn't expect anything less from GE.

I'm not happy with GE right now myself. I recently bought a washing
machine
model number WLSR2010KWW after researching it, and the specs say it comes
with a fabric softener dispenser, but there isn't one, or the part is
missing. Went back to Lowe's where I purchased it, and they called GE. GE
said they would fed-ex the dispenser, they did fed-ex a part that was
already there, an agitator cap, not the dispenser. I'm beginning to think
that there is no fabric softener dispenser at all. I have emailed and
called
them myself to no avail. Last GE appliance I buy.

Cheri

Page 8 of the owners manula describes and illustrates the fabric
softner dispenser. It says some models have it and some don't. Your
model says it has it in the advertising. Looks like it is just a
different agitator cap. Maybe take the manula with you to Lowes and
show them the picture.

This was my reply from GE customer care. I do appreciate that they are
looking into it, and so is Lowe's, but the first response from GE said that
Lowe's specs were off and that they didn't believe that model came with a
dispenser. I emailed the site, their (GE site where the specs are for this
model) and received this response. It makes no sense at all to me. What does
it mean?

"Hi, Ms.________ Yes, I see that it is listed as coming with a fabric
softener dispenser on our site as well. The only trouble will be finding a
model that is the same as this one but that truly does have a fabric
softener dispenser so that we can send you the one that comes on that model.
There are different part numbers for fabric softener dispensers, depending
upon the model that they fit. The key will be to find a washer that uses the
same agitator as your model but that has the dispenser rather than the
agitator cap. If we can find that, then we'll know which dispenser to send
you. Hopefully Research will be back to me within a day or so with the
appropriate part number. But I'll let you know."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Sounds like GE has their own people all confused, probably because they make
the same machine for different retailers, but with different model numbers.
Makes it harder to compare prices. This is an old shell game which I believe
began back in the 1980s with audio manufacturers like Technics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-19, Doug Miller wrote:

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many
developed countries.

Yeah. The last I heard, if it weren't for the illegals, we'd be
losing ground.

If it weren't for IMMAGRANTS we'd be losing ground. You leftist nutjobs never
could understand the concept of ILLEGAL.

FWIW, I don't think "nutbob" is a "leftist nutjob". He's just a nutjob,
period.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Why don't you explain it to those of us who are clueless?

LMAO! Kanter finally admits that he's one of the clueless ones.

Of course I've known that for years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:51:57 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

.. .

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

I don't know what it means. They may have changed model parts in
mid-production. Example. A 1965 Ford Mustang my bride once had was
"technically" a '65. On paper it was a '64.5, made mid-year in 1964.

Luckily, parts were easy to get...

Washers? Who knows..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:55:32 -0500, Matt
wrote:

On 09/19/2010 06:43 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:38:22 -0500, Matt
wrote:

On 09/19/2010 06:01 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:24:36 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote
Fisher & Paykel top loaders have all the energy saving of a front
loader at about half the price. They are an old and reliable
European
company known for their engineering and high quality that started
marketing in the US in the past 20 years.

Close, but not quite. They do have an operation in Italy making
cooking
appliances and own DCS in the US.

Awfully nit-picky, Ed. They have been around since the 1930's and are
well known. The obvious point I was making was that they were not some
new, untested company.

Not nit-picky. You should thank him. I do.

nit-picky

If it doesn't matter where the company is located, then it was nit-picky
of you to mention its location in the first place.

Okay, I admit it... You are a complete moron. Maybe throw in "anal
retentive" as well.

Call it what you want. I personally like to have accurate information even
if others deem it trivial . If I'm wrong, I appreciate a correction so I
don't continue to propagate an untruth.

That may or may not be of interest to you. OTOH, if you wanted to visit the
factory showroom, you'd really be PO'd when the plane landed and you were in
Europe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"keith" wrote

They will be forced to send a representative, or you'll win a default
judgment.

But what really matters is if you actually collect the judgment. Otherwise,
just get a nice frame for it and hand it on the wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:51:57 -0700, "Cheri" wrote:

.. .

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

It means you're getting the run-around. I doubt that you'll ever get an
answer and if you call back you'll be put back on top of the queue. Thell
them you want to speak to a manager and that you want the model you paid for,
not some add-on part that you have to figure out how to install.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:56:07 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"keith" wrote

They will be forced to send a representative, or you'll win a default
judgment.

But what really matters is if you actually collect the judgment. Otherwise,
just get a nice frame for it and hand it on the wall.

I don't see these types walking away from a judgment. They're not judgment
proof and judges get ****ed easily. It could even get fun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/20/2010 08:59 AM, keith wrote:
On Sep 20, 6:53 am, Matt wrote:
On 09/19/2010 08:49 PM, wrote:

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:29:18 -0500, Matt wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]
GE General Electric GE Profile™ Topload Washer Infusor RainShower
[...]
Does your area have any of the investigative TV reporters who pursue
fraud etc? It may be tough to get them interested since GE is a big
supporter of liberals and owns the most liberal network NBC.
I think I would start with whatever your local version of small claims
court is and file a complaint against GE that they defrauded you by
selling a unit that is unfit for use. At least in my state GE would need
to send one of their $500/hour lawyers to defend themselves or you would
get a default judgment.
I wonder what would happen if the purchaser told the retailer that he
was planning to take the retailer to small claims court if he won't give
a refund. I would expect that the retailer knew too that there were
problems with the model. The retailer chose to be a GE retailer along
with all that that implies.
Two (counteracting) arguments here.
- Sue everyone and let the gods (or courts) figure it out.
- By suing the retailer, the retailer is very unlikely to let on that there is
something wrong with the model, even if he knows there is.
But I doubt (as George suggested) that the manufacturer would be
compelled to defend locally in small claims court, since the mfr. had no
direct dealing with the customer.
The manufacturer made the (allegedly defective) machine. Of *course* they
would be named in any suit, if for no other reason than to let the court
figure out who is at fault (if anyone is).
I could be wrong, but I expect that
big manufacturers were able to eliminate such possibilities long ago.
You would be wrong.

Please show us when a manufacturer a thousand miles away showed up to
defend such a case in a small claims court in some town where the
manufacturer is not the retailer. Or a case where the manufacturer
suffered a default judgment because they didn't show up to defend the case.

They will be forced to send a representative, or you'll win a default
judgment.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no
trouble at all. It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.

Think. I know it's tough. They don't get the choice of whether to be
sued, or not.

I will try to get at the essence. If I can sue the maker of a bad
product that I bought from somebody other than the maker, could I also
sue the maker of a bad component that made the product bad? And the
maker of a bad subcomponent in the bad component?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2010 1:18 AM, Matt wrote:
(snip)

I will try to get at the essence. If I can sue the maker of a bad
product that I bought from somebody other than the maker, could I also
sue the maker of a bad component that made the product bad? And the
maker of a bad subcomponent in the bad component?

In cases of actual injuries or damages (versus the mere inconvenience
and $2k or so expense of the matter at hand), that is what the lawyers
do. Look up the term 'deep pockets' for further details.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't
stand for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a
response...

Heh! You're mostly right.

In issues such as this, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I merely report. You decide.

On other issues, I firmly believe that adrenaline is good for people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Good plan. Washers are really pretty sturdy devices and can be
repaired - by someone who knows what to do - rather cheaply. That is,
the thing that breaks is usually inexpensive.

So, instead of getting a problematic washer repaired, many opt for
new. Some entrepreneurs scavenge these busted machines, make the
repair, and sell them with a substantial guarantee - and for
substantially less than their new counterparts.

I often see FREE washers and dryers on Craigslist.

I thought my washer would be the next to need replacing, but
what happened was a chipmunk got in through the vent and
killed my dryer. I really did want a bigger washing machine so
I just replaced the set ... but I told the guys who came to
deliver the new/take away the old that there was nothing wrong
with the washing machine. They looked pretty happy about that
and I'm sure it found a new home somewhere. It was a good
22 years old then and showed no signs of slowing down.

nancy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't
stand for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a
response...

Heh! You're mostly right.

In issues such as this, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I merely report. You decide.

On other issues, I firmly believe that adrenaline is good for people.

Perhaps, but maybe you need to put something in a signature so folks
know they really aren't having any sort of sensible discussion with you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-21, HeyBub wrote:

I often see FREE washers and dryers on Craigslist.

Bingo!

Many ppl jes give them away or sell them dirt cheap when moving. Same
with chest freezers and refrigerators. Also, the cost of dumping a
large old house appliance has now become costly. I gave away my
perfectly good washer/dryer and had to pay $20 to dispose of my
ancient ....but still working.... refrigerator, when I could not take
them with me on a four-states-away move.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-21, HeyBub wrote:

I often see FREE washers and dryers on Craigslist.

Bingo!

Many ppl jes give them away or sell them dirt cheap when moving. Same
with chest freezers and refrigerators. Also, the cost of dumping a
large old house appliance has now become costly. I gave away my
perfectly good washer/dryer and had to pay $20 to dispose of my
ancient ....but still working.... refrigerator, when I could not take
them with me on a four-states-away move.

To get rid of unwanted, large appliances (or even outdated computers):

1. Wait for the dark of the moon,
2. Place them in the nearest school's playground.

That's what Dilbert's pointy-haired boss did.

Seriously, though, taking a tip from the Sloane-Kettering Clinic, I put
things like that on the curb. The urban fairies evidently tuck them in the
little sacks all fairies carry (sometimes called "fag-bags") and POOF!
refrigerators, ranges, and the like, just disappear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 3:42*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
Please provide an example (using this "two kids per couple" issue) of how
government might be "in people's bedrooms".

The alternatives to child #3 a

1. Don't have sex.
2. Mutilate your reproductive organs, either by having a vasectomy or
having your tubes tied (gender-dependent, of course).
3. Use contraceptives.

All three are a direct effect of a government law limiting you to two
children. All three have an effect on what goes on in the bedroom,
either physically or psychologically.

By extension, this is government in people's bedrooms.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2010 4:00 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:

Yes, and contrary to what the state of Kansas my advertise, those
mountain lions are not just in the southwest. We have them here also,
whether they like to admit it or not. AND they WILL be dead if _I_
see one.

Tip: If you run into one of these big kitties, DON'T RUN.

All cats have a chase reflex; if you run, you're dead.

The cat may bother you if you stand still, but "maybe" is better than "for
sure."

If i see one, it's dead. AND the first one to get called will be the tv
news. We'll have no more of this coverup **** when it comes to big cats
in kansas.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Please provide an example (using this "two kids per couple" issue) of how
government might be "in people's bedrooms".

The alternatives to child #3 a

1. Don't have sex.
2. Mutilate your reproductive organs, either by having a vasectomy or
having your tubes tied (gender-dependent, of course).
3. Use contraceptives.

All three are a direct effect of a government law limiting you to two
children. All three have an effect on what goes on in the bedroom,
either physically or psychologically.

Vasectomy didn't seem to affect what went on in our bedroom,
except for a gratifying sense of relief. Everything appears to be
working as well as ever.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote

Vasectomy didn't seem to affect what went on in our bedroom,
except for a gratifying sense of relief. Everything appears to be
working as well as ever.

Cindy Hamilton

Good for you, but it was not a government mandate. Nor should it ever be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/21/2010 05:43 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:51:17 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:55:32 -0500, Matt
wrote:

On 09/19/2010 06:43 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:38:22 -0500, Matt
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Oh, brother!

The proper response was: "Hey, this is Usenet. Facts and truth are
secondary to having a good time and being able to say anything you want
without anybody caring much. Correcting somebody's errors of fact on
Usenet is like pointing out their spelling or punctuation errors."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Matt" wrote
The proper response was: "Hey, this is Usenet. Facts and truth are
secondary to having a good time and being able to say anything you want
without anybody caring much. Correcting somebody's errors of fact on
Usenet is like pointing out their spelling or punctuation errors."

I don't see it that way.
We all make typos and the occasional spelling or punctuation error. I'd
never bother with correcting them, but if someone says the sky is red or the
capitol of New York is Syracuse, it should be corrected.

The real issue here is a bruised ego.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The real issue here is a bruised ego.

Isn't it, always?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/22/2010 04:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Matt" wrote
The proper response was: "Hey, this is Usenet. Facts and truth are
secondary to having a good time and being able to say anything you
want without anybody caring much. Correcting somebody's errors of
fact on Usenet is like pointing out their spelling or punctuation
errors."

I don't see it that way.
We all make typos and the occasional spelling or punctuation error. I'd
never bother with correcting them, but if someone says the sky is red or
the capitol of New York is Syracuse, it should be corrected.

The real issue here is a bruised ego.

Yes. I was being sarcastic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Low water top load "disc" washers are becoming the standard on the
market, and in fact I think that simpler high-water agitator washers
are being eliminated from the marketplace. The greenies are at the
root of this. Front load washers seem to be more effective than these
newer top load washers. If you want to protect yourself from this
onslaught, buy two regular washers, one to use, the other for spare
part that you can use way into the future. Same with lightbulbs:
stock up now if you want to avoid CFLs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 23, 5:43*am, Ron wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:39:30 -0700 (PDT), AE Todd

wrote:
Low water top load "disc" washers are becoming the standard on the
market, and in fact I think that simpler high-water agitator washers
are being eliminated from the marketplace. *The greenies are at the
root of this. *Front load washers seem to be more effective than these
newer top load washers. *If you want to protect yourself from this
onslaught, buy two regular washers, one to use, the other for spare
part that you can use way into the future. *Same with lightbulbs:
stock up now if you want to avoid CFLs.

Yeah! The great technology conspiracy! I have a stash of mint
condition buggy whips in my closet. LOL

Technology has nothing to do with it. It's politics. OTOH, perhaps
you still use buggy whips. I'll be using incandescent bulbs for a
decade, or more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Absolutely! Sue the schmo who delivered it, if he has any money. It's the
corollary to "kill 'em all and let God sort it out".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:21:13 -0400, Ron wrote:

wrote:
Low water top load "disc" washers are becoming the standard on the
market, and in fact I think that simpler high-water agitator washers
are being eliminated from the marketplace. *The greenies are at the
root of this. *Front load washers seem to be more effective than these
newer top load washers. *If you want to protect yourself from this
onslaught, buy two regular washers, one to use, the other for spare
part that you can use way into the future. *Same with lightbulbs:
stock up now if you want to avoid CFLs.

Yeah! The great technology conspiracy! I have a stash of mint
condition buggy whips in my closet. LOL

Technology has nothing to do with it. It's politics. OTOH, perhaps
you still use buggy whips. I'll be using incandescent bulbs for a
decade, or more.

It doesn't matter what kind of bulbs you use. You'll still be in the
dark.

You are still using buggy whips, except at the receiving end.
Posted to alt.home.repair

My GE problem was solved by a really good customer service rep named Cindy.
She kept in touch with me daily, even if I didn't understand some of the
emails, and found the water softener dispenser that was supposed to come
with the machine which was Fed-Exed to me. The fact that it was missing when
my machine was delivered a couple of weeks ago was not a life changing event
or anything, but it was inconvenient, and I wanted what I paid for. I'm glad
that it resolved and thanks to all who suggested ways to handle it.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:42:42 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

My GE problem was solved by a really good customer service rep named
Cindy.
She kept in touch with me daily, even if I didn't understand some of the
emails, and found the water softener dispenser that was supposed to come
with the machine which was Fed-Exed to me. The fact that it was missing
when
my machine was delivered a couple of weeks ago was not a life changing
event
or anything, but it was inconvenient, and I wanted what I paid for. I'm
glad
that it resolved and thanks to all who suggested ways to handle it.

Cheri

Glad it seems to have all worked out, Cheri.

Thanks Salty, and your link to the real manual (instead of that piece of
paper that came with it) was really helpful. I appreciate it.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Agree, unfortunately you do need water to clean our cloths
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have to use oxiclean to get out odors. I never thought we were exceptionally Stinky. Well not until we got this washer that hardly uses any water. I go to dollar tree and get their version of generic oxygen cleaner. Seems to work
Posted to alt.home.repair

No they don't clean the cloths
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2016 11:10 AM, wrote:
No they don't clean the cloths

Three posts, not a clue what it is about. Where do these people come from?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-06-12, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Three posts, not a clue what it is about. Where do these people come from?

RFC? Bothell?

nb

(OT?) Washing machine on it way out? JoeJoe UK diy 7 August 5th 09 09:50 PM
Washing Machine Help greg UK diy 4 March 19th 07 01:51 PM
washing machine [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 9th 07 06:24 PM
Washing machine.... kev007 UK diy 7 December 14th 06 09:13 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM