Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

SWMBO does the laundry on Saturday while doing other things. Sunday
is usually spent elsewhere, though sometimes we switch days. A used
washer is often the best solution. We had one die a year before we
were planning to move so we bought a $100 set and left it for the new
owners and bought new after.

Good plan. Washers are really pretty sturdy devices and can be repaired - by
someone who knows what to do - rather cheaply. That is, the thing that
breaks is usually inexpensive.

So, instead of getting a problematic washer repaired, many opt for new. Some
entrepreneurs scavenge these busted machines, make the repair, and sell them
with a substantial guarantee - and for substantially less than their new
counterparts.

I often see FREE washers and dryers on Craigslist.