Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:21:13 -0400, Ron wrote:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:10:00 -0700 (PDT), keith
wrote:

On Sep 23, 5:43*am, Ron wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:39:30 -0700 (PDT), AE Todd

wrote:
Low water top load "disc" washers are becoming the standard on the
market, and in fact I think that simpler high-water agitator washers
are being eliminated from the marketplace. *The greenies are at the
root of this. *Front load washers seem to be more effective than these
newer top load washers. *If you want to protect yourself from this
onslaught, buy two regular washers, one to use, the other for spare
part that you can use way into the future. *Same with lightbulbs:
stock up now if you want to avoid CFLs.

Yeah! The great technology conspiracy! I have a stash of mint
condition buggy whips in my closet. LOL

Technology has nothing to do with it. It's politics. OTOH, perhaps
you still use buggy whips. I'll be using incandescent bulbs for a
decade, or more.

It doesn't matter what kind of bulbs you use. You'll still be in the
dark.

You are still using buggy whips, except at the receiving end.