Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

On 09/19/2010 08:49 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:29:18 -0500, Matt wrote:

On 09/19/2010 05:42 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:54:28 -0500, Matt wrote:

On 09/19/2010 09:06 AM, George wrote:
On 9/19/2010 9:44 AM, RickH wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing
machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean clothes
for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use about
a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small mud
puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out tough
stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not
enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The washer
does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10
minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in the
manual that this is "normal", bull****, they're just covering their
asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy told
me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.
I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE agitatorless
washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one that
uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with mechanical
controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.
Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont need
to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here. These
washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.
I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the
only one having dirty clothes all the time.
Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I
GE General Electric GE Profile™ Topload Washer Infusor RainShower
SpeedWash
HydroWave with
Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...-

Confirming, yes it's these models.

Clothes still smell like sweat (son is in football, I work out, wife
works out) and whites do not get white, neither do stains come out, or
even the gray look to sock bottoms. Also pre-soaking is totally out
of the question because washer does not fill up enough to even cover
the clothes. Also the soap powder does not fully dissolve (not enough
water to do that) I switched to liquid soap but all of the above
issues are still there. Tries more soap tried less soap, tried
everything, the basic issue here is not enough water to do much of
anything. They look impressive and roomy for the price, but they are
pieces of crap. I'm not going to resort to using scented soap as that
is just a cover up, and neither the wife or I like scented soap.

I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life, GE has
stonewalled me for returns, they are even stone walling the store who
is trying to get them to take it back and re-sell it in their outlet.
I wil probably try to sell it for $100 in the local classifieds, then
go buy a normal washing machine and eat the loss.

I wouldn't expect anything less from GE.

Does your area have any of the investigative TV reporters who pursue
fraud etc? It may be tough to get them interested since GE is a big
supporter of liberals and owns the most liberal network NBC.

I think I would start with whatever your local version of small claims
court is and file a complaint against GE that they defrauded you by
selling a unit that is unfit for use. At least in my state GE would need
to send one of their $500/hour lawyers to defend themselves or you would
get a default judgment.
I wonder what would happen if the purchaser told the retailer that he
was planning to take the retailer to small claims court if he won't give
a refund. I would expect that the retailer knew too that there were
problems with the model. The retailer chose to be a GE retailer along
with all that that implies.
Two (counteracting) arguments here.

- Sue everyone and let the gods (or courts) figure it out.

- By suing the retailer, the retailer is very unlikely to let on that there is
something wrong with the model, even if he knows there is.

But I doubt (as George suggested) that the manufacturer would be
compelled to defend locally in small claims court, since the mfr. had no
direct dealing with the customer.

The manufacturer made the (allegedly defective) machine. Of *course* they
would be named in any suit, if for no other reason than to let the court
figure out who is at fault (if anyone is).

I could be wrong, but I expect that
big manufacturers were able to eliminate such possibilities long ago.

You would be wrong.

Please show us when a manufacturer a thousand miles away showed up to
defend such a case in a small claims court in some town where the
manufacturer is not the retailer. Or a case where the manufacturer
suffered a default judgment because they didn't show up to defend the case.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no
trouble at all. It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:13:31 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, OK. In that case, he is yet another example of someone who retired
incorrectly. People like that are all over usenet.

You really are stupid beyond belief.

I'm serious. Your arrogance indicates that when you retired, you had no plan
for keeping yourself relevant and occupied. You're nasty, and it's only
going to get worse. Go back to work. Find something to do. And take a
hatchet to your TV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Page 8 of the owners manula describes and illustrates the fabric
softner dispenser. It says some models have it and some don't. Your
model says it has it in the advertising. Looks like it is just a
different agitator cap. Maybe take the manula with you to Lowes and
show them the picture.

http://products.geappliances.com/Mar...e=49-90319.PDF

Thank you Salty, I printed the picture out and am taking it to Lowe's today.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put
something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will
have a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20
years.

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my
life, I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

nancy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Pat wrote:

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put
something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will
have a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20
years.

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life, I
just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.
nancy

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front loaders"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life,
I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front
loaders"?

Somewhere, why, do you have evidence to the contrary? As a
matter of fact, I think it was Consumer Reports, I'm sure that's
not your favorite source. Someone wrote in How can they be
energy saving if they run that long, that's why I noticed it.

nancy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, *wrote:
[...]

They will be forced to send a representative, or you'll win a default
judgment.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no
trouble at all. *It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.

Think. I know it's tough. They don't get the choice of whether to be
sued, or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life,
I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front
loaders"?

Somewhere, why, do you have evidence to the contrary? As a matter of
fact, I think it was Consumer Reports, I'm sure that's
not your favorite source. Someone wrote in How can they be energy saving
if they run that long, that's why I noticed it.
nancy

The one in my basement is my evidence. It's a Frigidaire model GLTR1670A,
purchased in 2004. It's done in 45-50 minutes, less for the delicate cycle,
and slightly more for the "Heavy Load" cycle. But never more than an hour.

I like Consumer Reports, and I'd be surprised if they made an all-inclusive
statement without actually timing the cycles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, Nancy Young wrote:

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes.

Nonsense. We have Maytag front loaders in our lodge laundromat. The
do a full cycle in 28 mins. OTOH, it's true that once you close that
front door and start the cycle, that's it. It doesn't unlock till
it's done.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 3:40 PM, WW wrote:
"Steve wrote in message
On 9/19/2010 11:28 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
[...]

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used an
agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders. The
front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost
significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy
something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell them
if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for the
heads up

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few years
with no
problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach, periodically.
We
bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term reliability
record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off. So
far
we're happy with it.

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

Steve Barker

Steve... I worked on front loaders in the 1950 era. Were made by
Westinghouse and Bendix..Also GE and Whirlpool had front loaders that were
combination washer and dryer. One drum did it all. However you had to finish
complete cycle before you started 2nd load of wash . Like you could do with
separate appliances..WW

Well i thought the reference was to the new generation of front loaders.
Yes, i remember the front loaders of the 60's. We had one. My uncle
had to come over about once a year to replace the boot around the door.
Those used a lot more water than the new ones now-a-days.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 9:01 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:27:29 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:42:10 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:52:26 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:40:44 -0500, Steve Barker

wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
[...]

GE General Electric GE ProfileT Topload Washer Infusor
[...]

Totally clueless.

Why don't you explain it to those of us who are clueless?

At least you now admit that you're totally clueless. Acceptance is
the
first
step.

Thank you for confessing that you are completely unable to explain your
"totally clueless" comment, addressed to Steve Barker.

Others have explained it rather well. It was, OTOH, news that you had
gotten
to step #1 of your recovery. Keep it up and in a few years you might
graduate
to moron.

He said:

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

The word "they" refers to front loaders sold for home users.

*YOU* are an idiot. Again, nothing new.

You responded with:
Totally clueless.

Nobody has explained "it" at all, except to say that commercial front
loaders have been around for quite some time, which is true. Front loaders
for homes nearly vanished (in the U.S.) for almost 30 years. So in fact,
they do NOT have enough of a track record for anyone to predict their
longevity.

You're stupid. I can't help that.

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass through
your teen years into adulthood.

Joe, don't worry bout that guy, he's totally arrogant at all times.
**** him. Like i said, the damn front loaders (the new generation of
them, if we have to spell it out) haven't been out long enough to have a
"track record". Period. If we were to be speaking of the ones of days
of old, then yes, they are junk. All those old front loaders were junk.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 9:34 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2010 7:53 AM, Matt wrote:
On 09/19/2010 08:49 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:29:18 -0500, Matt
wrote:

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

At least in my state the small claims type stuff is handled by a
magistrate. If you name someone in a complaint and they don't appear the
magistrate can render a default judgment. I have done this in the past
where a big mega company adopted the tactic of "we are mega company and
you are nothing" .

The nice part is you don't need a lawyer so if you are level headed,
know your rights and do your homework you can prevail. This assumes of
course that you did all of the normal correspondence prior to filing the
complaint, kept excellent records and aren't a nut. It really annoys the
$500 perfect haircut lawyers when they are compelled to deal with
average folk who they hate so much.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no
trouble at all. It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 2:38 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Molly wrote in message
On Sep 19, 9:02 am,
wrote:
"Molly wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one
or
more.

Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment

===========

Very interesting. Now, what makes other people's environmental concerns less
valid than yours? Focus specifically on washing machines and CFL bulbs.

I guess all that energy to make that steel is so "green" also. LMMFAO!!
these people are a joke, joe.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 2:51 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In , Molly wrote:

1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many
developed countries.

2. Don't cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.

Oh, *there's* a good idea: use non-renewable resources in preference to
renewable ones. So *very* environmentally friendly.

3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they're not a native to their
environment.

Another wonderful idea. So we shouldn't hunt whitetail deer here in the
Midwest, where their population is out of control? And nobody should be
allowed to hunt mountain lions in the Southwest, where they stalk *humans*?

Obviously you haven't thought *any* of these ideas through.

Yes, and contrary to what the state of Kansas my advertise, those
mountain lions are not just in the southwest. We have them here also,
whether they like to admit it or not. AND they WILL be dead if _I_ see one.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 3:26 PM, The Henchman wrote:

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load
more.

BS. we've been using the regular stuff in ours since day one. It works
just fine. HE soap is a scam.

Voids the warranty here, even if you buy a 5 year service plan.

LMAO! ya ok. I think i wouldn't mention that i used it. duh. Besides
the local authorized repair could care less, they'll get paid.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 7:26 PM, Pat wrote:
Those front loading washing machines are not new. My mother had one in
the 50's made by Westinghouse. It washed and cleaned fine. But still
had to hang clothes out on the line to dry. Used more than gal. of
water.

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put
something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will have
a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20
years.

the new generation of front loaders is different. The water does not
come up on the door, and you can add to it anytime you want.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2010 8:47 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
Pat wrote:

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put
something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will
have a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20
years.

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life, I
just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.
nancy

not true, even if you select "heavy" and "extra rinse" ours takes 70
minutes. If neither of those selected, then 50.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, notbob wrote:
Nonsense. We have Maytag front loaders in our lodge laundromat. The
do a full cycle in 28 mins.

OOPS! ....38 mins.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

[...]

That's why I said 'If it's true' ... if I ever decide to get a front loader,
I'll certainly check cycle time before choosing a model. My washer
seems to take about a half hour given the normal cycle.

I like Consumer Reports, and I'd be surprised if they made an
all-inclusive statement without actually timing the cycles.

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that
90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the article
alluded to that.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:

Yes, and contrary to what the state of Kansas my advertise, those
mountain lions are not just in the southwest. We have them here also,
whether they like to admit it or not. AND they WILL be dead if _I_
see one.

Tip: If you run into one of these big kitties, DON'T RUN.

All cats have a chase reflex; if you run, you're dead.

The cat may bother you if you stand still, but "maybe" is better than "for
sure."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nancy Young wrote:

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that
90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the
article alluded to that.

Reported minutes for Bosch & Whirlpool:

Permanent press - 56
Regular cotton - 60
Reg cotton with temp boost - 90
XXtraSanitary - 140

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, HeyBub wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,

On 2010-09-20, HeyBub wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

That was my question. Heck it only takes 20 minutes to autoclave
something.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Nancy Young wrote:

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that
90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the
article alluded to that.

Reported minutes for Bosch & Whirlpool:

Permanent press - 56
Regular cotton - 60
Reg cotton with temp boost - 90
XXtraSanitary - 140

Yikes, luckily most washes would be in the 1 hour range. Doable.
Thanks for posting that.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't stand
for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a response...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:02:51 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, OK. In that case, he is yet another example of someone who retired
incorrectly. People like that are all over usenet.

You really are stupid beyond belief.

I'm serious.

I know you're serious. So am I. You're stupid beyond belief!

Your arrogance indicates that when you retired, you had no plan
for keeping yourself relevant and occupied.

You're stupid, so your inferences aren't worth much. I have all sorts of
plans to keep myself busy when I really do retire. I "retired" because it was
the right thing to do. I could collect my pension immediately, without
penalty, and no credit for staying longer. They paid me a half-year's salary,
plus nine-months benefits, to leave. I knew I could find another job (not
there, but elsewhere) without a problem. Yes it would have been stupid to
stay.

You're nasty, and it's only going to get worse.

I'm nasty to total idiots on the Usenet, sure. It's a hobby. Too bad you
qualify, perfectly.

You prove my point with each post. You're too stupid to read what's written.
Now that we all agree that you're in idiot, go work on step 2.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

Another useless idiot raises his hand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

He said:

[...]

You can't read either. Figures.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:52:50 -0400, George wrote:

On 9/20/2010 7:53 AM, Matt wrote:
On 09/19/2010 08:49 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:29:18 -0500, Matt
wrote:

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Precisely. It's possible that the dealer will be the manufacturer's
representative (which is another reason to name both - conflict) and it's
likely that one or the other will have the suit dismissed for one reason or
another. You want to make sure someone is left standing. If the manufacturer
claims that they're not responsible because the dealer is, and the dealer
points back, you can let the judge release a fish without losing the case
because *someone* is responsible.

I gather by your confidence that you can show such a case with no
trouble at all. It sounds like maybe you've won a case like that yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a response...

No, it really does take 2+ hrs. Online reviews confirm this bizarre
fact.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:47:03 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Pat wrote:

Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put
something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will
have a flood in your house.

I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20
years.

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my
life, I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

I don't know any that take that ling, but you don't have to hold its hand
while it's running. If you like your weekends free, do laundry at night
during the week. A load a night while watching TV works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-20, wrote:

XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?

nb

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't stand
for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a response...

So confront the poster directly! Not through some secondary thread.
If he is wrong, stupid or has three lips -- tell him. Get my drift?

It's not the first time you took this approach.

Sorry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

Another useless idiot raises his hand.

Now it's clear why your wife left you and took the kids with her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:56:06 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

Another useless idiot raises his hand.

Now it's clear why your wife left you and took the kids with her.

Wow! You're *still* trying to prove just how stupid you really are.

FYI, We had our 39th anniversary this summer and the kid left home over a
decade back. Unlike you, at 31, he's not living in our spare bedroom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:56:06 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

. ..

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

Another useless idiot raises his hand.

Now it's clear why your wife left you and took the kids with her.

Wow! You're *still* trying to prove just how stupid you really are.

FYI, We had our 39th anniversary this summer and the kid left home over a
decade back. Unlike you, at 31, he's not living in our spare bedroom.

No woman would hang very long with a thing like you. The anniversary is a
sham. She's cheating on you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:29:28 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass
through your teen years into adulthood.

KRW is/was an EE (electrical engineer) if I'm not mistaken.

he's an asshole. that's all. Engineer of solid waste management.

Another useless idiot raises his hand.

Now it's clear why your wife left you and took the kids with her.

Wow! You're *still* trying to prove just how stupid you really are.

FYI, We had our 39th anniversary this summer and the kid left home over a
decade back. Unlike you, at 31, he's not living in our spare bedroom.

No woman would hang very long with a thing like you. The anniversary is a
sham. She's cheating on you.

You're still batting zero. Even a damned fool would get one right, showing
how stupid you really are. Put mommy's computer away now. It's dinner time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:05:41 -0400, "Nancy Young"

wrote:

Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

I don't know any that take that ling, but you don't have to hold its
hand while it's running. If you like your weekends free, do laundry
at night during the week. A load a night while watching TV works.

I like getting my laundry done on Sunday, and it's low cost
electricity on the weekends, to boot. I'm not seeking a solution
to the washer cycle time, I picked up a washer that does the job
in a half hour or so, I'm happy for the time being. I know to check
out this issue if I decide to switch.

SWMBO does the laundry on Saturday while doing other things. Sunday is usually
spent elsewhere, though sometimes we switch days. A used washer is often the
best solution. We had one die a year before we were planning to move so we
bought a $100 set and left it for the new owners and bought new after.

Before you buy new, check reliability reports. The front-loaders have been
the pits; bearing problems.

(OT?) Washing machine on it way out? JoeJoe UK diy 7 August 5th 09 09:50 PM
Washing Machine Help greg UK diy 4 March 19th 07 01:51 PM
washing machine [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 9th 07 06:24 PM
Washing machine.... kev007 UK diy 7 December 14th 06 09:13 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM