Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing
machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean clothes
for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use about
a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small mud
puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out tough
stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not
enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The washer
does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10
minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in the
manual that this is "normal", bull****, they're just covering their
asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy told
me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.

I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE agitatorless
washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one that
uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with mechanical
controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.

Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont need
to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here. These
washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.

I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the
only one having dirty clothes all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 18, 9:31*pm, RickH wrote:
[...]

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:
[...]

Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I
GE General Electric GE Profile™ Topload Washer Infusor RainShower SpeedWash
HydroWave with Infusor
http://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pr...d_washer09.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

So why are there so many other top-loading washers that work fine,
both those with and without agitators, that the government (!) allows
to be sold?

CFLs work great, unless you buy crap. The Home Depot ones are cheap
and warranted for 9 years.

Appliance repair forums at:

www.Appliance411.com
www.FixItNow.com
www.ApplianceJunk.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 2:21*am, Matt wrote:
[...]

HydroWave with Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...- Hide quoted text -

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used an
agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders. The
front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost
significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy
something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell them
if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for the
heads up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21*am, Matt wrote:
[...]

Confirming, yes it's these models.

Clothes still smell like sweat (son is in football, I work out, wife
works out) and whites do not get white, neither do stains come out, or
even the gray look to sock bottoms. Also pre-soaking is totally out
of the question because washer does not fill up enough to even cover
the clothes. Also the soap powder does not fully dissolve (not enough
water to do that) I switched to liquid soap but all of the above
issues are still there. Tries more soap tried less soap, tried
everything, the basic issue here is not enough water to do much of
anything. They look impressive and roomy for the price, but they are
pieces of crap. I'm not going to resort to using scented soap as that
is just a cover up, and neither the wife or I like scented soap.

I have never been so disappointed in a purchase in my life, GE has
stonewalled me for returns, they are even stone walling the store who
is trying to get them to take it back and re-sell it in their outlet.
I wil probably try to sell it for $100 in the local classifieds, then
go buy a normal washing machine and eat the loss.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:
[...]

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that any top loader
without an agitator is going to be worthless. And ONE gallon of water??
Are you serious? Our front loader uses 14 and i thought that was
skimping a bit.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 9:44 AM, RickH wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't expect anything less from GE.

Does your area have any of the investigative TV reporters who pursue
fraud etc? It may be tough to get them interested since GE is a big
supporter of liberals and owns the most liberal network NBC.

I think I would start with whatever your local version of small claims
court is and file a complaint against GE that they defrauded you by
selling a unit that is unfit for use. At least in my state GE would need
to send one of their $500/hour lawyers to defend themselves or you would
get a default judgment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 8:21 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Fisher& Paykel top loaders have all the energy saving of a front
loader at about half the price. They are an old and reliable European
company known for their engineering and high quality that started
marketing in the US in the past 20 years.

but do they get the clothes clean? That is the bottom line.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 8:44 AM, RickH wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

when you do that, think Whirlpool duet. (no steam). You won't be
disappointed.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

Fisher & Paykel top loaders have all the energy saving of a front
loader at about half the price. They are an old and reliable European
company known for their engineering and high quality that started
marketing in the US in the past 20 years.

Close, but not quite. They do have an operation in Italy making cooking
appliances and own DCS in the US.

The origins of the company and present headquarters are in New Zealand and
Australia They did not start exporting to the US and Europe until the
1980s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you using the proper laundry soap? Serious question.

We have this machine
http://www.washing-machine-wizard.co...-40-cu-ft.html

It's fantastic. 16 gallons per full load. It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. Dryer rarely has to work at
all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap like
"he" types. Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-he-detergent.htm

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's fantastic. 16 gallons per full load. It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean.

This should have read really clean and almost dry... : ). All our loads to
date have been clean. And I work in a factory wearing heavy, sweaty
clothes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-19, Steve Barker wrote:

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that any top loader
without an agitator is going to be worthless. And ONE gallon of water??
Are you serious? Our front loader uses 14 and i thought that was
skimping a bit.

This is not even new technology. There were agitatorless washers on
the mkt 60 yrs ago. I came by a used one back in the late 70s. I
ditched it after a few months, it never getting clothes clean.

It's unfortunate that GE has sunk so low. They used to make excellent
products. They made one of the best clock radios ever produced in the
late 50s. Mine lasted 20 yrs and I was still seeing like models in
2nd hand shops 10 yrs later. Likewise a toaster. My last washer was
a GE toploaders and would outclean any other washer on the mkt, top or
frontloader. If I ever buy another washer/dryer set, I'll look for a
used set like I had.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or
more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 2:21*am, Matt wrote:
[...]

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few years with no
problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach, periodically. We
bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term reliability
record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off. So far
we're happy with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:03:48 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

[...]

Spoken from ignorance.

Our Whirlpool Cabrio works quite well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

I'm not happy with GE right now myself. I recently bought a washing machine
model number WLSR2010KWW after researching it, and the specs say it comes
with a fabric softener dispenser, but there isn't one, or the part is
missing. Went back to Lowe's where I purchased it, and they called GE. GE
said they would fed-ex the dispenser, they did fed-ex a part that was
already there, an agitator cap, not the dispenser. I'm beginning to think
that there is no fabric softener dispenser at all. I have emailed and called
them myself to no avail. Last GE appliance I buy.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Does the fabric softener go in the agitator cap? I've had washing machines
that have similar "dispensers". Basically, the "centrifugal force" throws
(some of) it out during the spin cycle. Of course, the rinse water doesn't
flow through the cap so it's left a sticky mess, but it's a cheap solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 1:21 am, wrote:
[...]

Never used softener, never plan to. Don't like the thought of infusing
my undies and socks and such with chemical residue, even if I didn't
suffer from allergies so bad that I have to hunt down Cheer Free or
similar to wash my clothes in. When I lived in the 1st apartment here in
town, and had to share a laundry room, if the person before me left a
dryer sheet in the dryer and I didn't notice, I had to rewash the clothes.

I don't want my clothes to smell 'fresh' or 'springtime'. I don't want
them to smell like anything. I figured out that with soft water, you can
use like 1/3 as much soap as they recommend on the jug, and it all
actually rinses out, and the fabric does not feel stiff or irritate the
skin. I think a lot of people think they need softener because their
clothes are still full of dried soap. And yes, they do get clean. Past a
certain threshold point, adding more soap does not help.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 9:54 AM, The Henchman wrote:

Are you using the proper laundry soap? Serious question.

We have this machine
http://www.washing-machine-wizard.co...-40-cu-ft.html

It's fantastic. 16 gallons per full load. It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. Dryer rarely has to work
at all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap
like "he" types. Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-he-detergent.htm

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

BS. we've been using the regular stuff in ours since day one. It works
just fine. HE soap is a scam.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
[...]

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 9:02*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Molly Brown" wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or
more.

Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have this machinehttp://www.washing-machine-wizard.com/ge-wcvh6800jww-kingsize-capacit...

It's fantastic. *16 gallons per full load. *It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. *Dryer rarely has to work at
all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap like
"he" types. *Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-he-detergent.htm

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. *Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator
and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also
50% more costly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 2:21*am, Matt wrote:
[...]

we're happy with it. *- Hide quoted text -

How do you do pre-soaking of a large load. Does water cover all the
clothes. The GE one only puts a 2 inch puddle on the bottom.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Steve Barker wrote:
I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

Only uncommon in US markets; they've been around for quite a long time
elsewhere (like 50 years, anyway that I'm aware of...)

There was even a "mini-bubble" of attempted to make them popular in the
US in the 60/70s...(19's, not 18's ).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2010 1:44 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
On Sep 19, 9:02 am,
wrote:
"Molly wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or
more.

Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment

1. Like in China, huh? That sure has worked out well for them. Sucks to
be conceived as female over there- your chances of being aborted or
'stillborn' go way up. Chinese government is already starting to panic-
way too many young underemployed men that can't get dates. Horny young
men with time on their hands scare the crap out of governments.
2. Give you partial credit on that one, but only due to how logging
industry abused the forests here in US. But enviro-damage wise, concrete
and steel probably are not any friendlier. Making cement powder takes a
lot of power, as does making steel beams and rolled materials. How about
'stop building McMansions, and build houses to last for more than 40
years, so we need to cut down fewer mature trees?'
3. 100 years or so too late for that one. In much of the US, deer and
other species run rampant, due to elimination of most of their natural
predators. (ask any cop or body shop 'in season' ) Of course, it doesn't
help that they artificially spike the population by planting feedlots of
grain in the state parks, but most farmers don't fence their fields
either. Last winter, I had wild turkeys head-butting their reflections
in my sliding doors. Snow gets deep enough in the woods and graveyard
behind my house, and I get deer up on my deck trying to play pinata with
the bird feeders. (I didn't know deer could climb steps....) The
raccoons, squirrels, possum, and other smaller 4-legged creatures hang
around my yard a lot- it probably tastes and smells better because I
don't use chemicals on it. I only mean to feed the birds, but animals
aren't fussy. And the local cats and raptors regard back yard bird
feeders as a buffet.

--
aem sends, from the real world....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-19, dpb wrote:

There was even a "mini-bubble" of attempted to make them popular in the
US in the 60/70s...(19's, not 18's ).

They've always been popular in laundromats. I recall seeing them
quite often ever since the 50s. In fact, it's only in the last 10-20
yrs I've seen top-loaders dominate in laundromats.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Sep 19, 12:04*pm, RickH wrote:
On Sep 19, 11:28*am, "

HydroWave with Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...quoted text -

[...]

==
You must have your settings all screwed up or your controls are
faulty. Better READ the user's manual...you must have done something
wrong. No manufacturer could be so inept as to make a machine with the
characteristics you describe.

If this doesn't help ask your dealer to come by and personally check
out the situation.

I wouldn't put up with a crappy machine for one minute.
==

Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote in news:350c987d-af3d-4397-
:

On Sep 18, 9:31*pm, RickH wrote:
[...]

Well if he had a crappy CFL above the crappy washer then he wouldn't see
the crappy job it's doing and know how bad he got crapped on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Does the fabric softener go in the agitator cap? I've had washing
machines
that have similar "dispensers". Basically, the "centrifugal force" throws
(some of) it out during the spin cycle. Of course, the rinse water
doesn't
flow through the cap so it's left a sticky mess, but it's a cheap
solution.

I know what you mean, my old Amana had one of those, it plugged up often,
but this one has nothing at all.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote
Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.

While I don't disagree with the number, I do disagree on how to achieve it.
Government should not be in people's bedrooms.

2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.

Trees are renewable. Forests should be managed as a crop, just like a
vegetable garden. Plant what you reap like the paper industry finally
learned to do. Yes, some old growth should be left alone.

3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment

Nature is way out of balance on some animals. What is hunted should be for
food, not for the "fun" of killing. We've eliminated many natural predators
over the last couple of centuries. Education and management is what is
needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"Molly Brown" wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one
or
more.

Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment

===========

Very interesting. Now, what makes other people's environmental concerns less
valid than yours? Focus specifically on washing machines and CFL bulbs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Molly Brown" wrote
Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.

While I don't disagree with the number, I do disagree on how to achieve
it. Government should not be in people's bedrooms.

Please provide an example (using this "two kids per couple" issue) of how
government might be "in people's bedrooms".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
[...]

It's true according to them, whoever they are. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Molly Brown wrote:

1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many
developed countries.

2. Don't cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.

Oh, *there's* a good idea: use non-renewable resources in preference to
renewable ones. So *very* environmentally friendly.

3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they're not a native to their
environment.

Another wonderful idea. So we shouldn't hunt whitetail deer here in the
Midwest, where their population is out of control? And nobody should be
allowed to hunt mountain lions in the Southwest, where they stalk *humans*?

Obviously you haven't thought *any* of these ideas through.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-09-19, Doug Miller wrote:

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many
developed countries.

Yeah. The last I heard, if it weren't for the illegals, we'd be
losing ground.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, *wrote:
[...]

So it's up to the buyer to use the right tool for the job, those SOBs
at GE
Posted to alt.home.repair

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator
and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also
50% more costly.

For anyone following this thread it never hurts to check into government
rebates like sales tax refunds or income tax refunds for buying efficient
stuff like appliances. Just make sure the retailers don't jack up the
prices during the rebate period like they sometimes will for a/c's or
furnaces.

(OT?) Washing machine on it way out? JoeJoe UK diy 7 August 5th 09 10:50 PM
Washing Machine Help greg UK diy 4 March 19th 07 02:51 PM
washing machine [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 9th 07 07:24 PM
Washing machine.... kev007 UK diy 7 December 14th 06 10:13 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 06:32 PM