Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer
sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my
life, I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a
week. Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes
90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me.
That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front
loaders"?

Somewhere, why, do you have evidence to the contrary? As a matter of
fact, I think it was Consumer Reports, I'm sure that's
not your favorite source. Someone wrote in How can they be energy
saving if they run that long, that's why I noticed it.

The one in my basement is my evidence. It's a Frigidaire model
GLTR1670A, purchased in 2004. It's done in 45-50 minutes, less for
the delicate cycle, and slightly more for the "Heavy Load" cycle. But
never more than an hour.

That's why I said 'If it's true' ... if I ever decide to get a front loader,
I'll certainly check cycle time before choosing a model. My washer
seems to take about a half hour given the normal cycle.

I like Consumer Reports, and I'd be surprised if they made an
all-inclusive statement without actually timing the cycles.

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that
90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the article
alluded to that.

nancy