Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:51:35 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 9/19/2010 9:01 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:27:29 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:42:10 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:52:26 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:40:44 -0500, Steve Barker

wrote:

On 9/19/2010 11:28 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21 am, wrote:
On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving"
washing
machine for about 2 months now. I have not had fully clean
clothes
for about 2 months. These things are a piece of crap, they use
about
a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a
small
mud
puddle, never getting fully clean. Forget about getting out
tough
stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse
(not
enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. The
washer
does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10
minutes of running. They enclosed a large yellow warning in
the
manual that this is "normal", bull****, they're just covering
their
asses on complaints. I called the GE consumer line and the guy
told
me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.

I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE
agitatorless
washers. Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and
one
that
uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with
mechanical
controls. Just trying to save someone else the headache and
money.

Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I
dont
need
to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here.
These
washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.

I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm
not
the
only one having dirty clothes all the time.

Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE
Tier
GE General Electric GE ProfileT Topload Washer Infusor
RainShower
SpeedWash
HydroWave with
Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...-

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used
an
agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders.
The
front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost
significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy
something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell
them
if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for
the
heads up

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few
years
with no
problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach,
periodically.
We
bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term
reliability
record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off.
So
far
we're happy with it.

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term
reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

Totally clueless.

Why don't you explain it to those of us who are clueless?

At least you now admit that you're totally clueless. Acceptance is
the
first
step.

Thank you for confessing that you are completely unable to explain your
"totally clueless" comment, addressed to Steve Barker.

Others have explained it rather well. It was, OTOH, news that you had
gotten
to step #1 of your recovery. Keep it up and in a few years you might
graduate
to moron.

He said:

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability
records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

The word "they" refers to front loaders sold for home users.

*YOU* are an idiot. Again, nothing new.

You responded with:
Totally clueless.

Nobody has explained "it" at all, except to say that commercial front
loaders have been around for quite some time, which is true. Front loaders
for homes nearly vanished (in the U.S.) for almost 30 years. So in fact,
they do NOT have enough of a track record for anyone to predict their
longevity.

You're stupid. I can't help that.

Your insolence is rather odd, but you'll grow out of it as you pass through
your teen years into adulthood.

Joe, don't worry bout that guy, he's totally arrogant at all times.
**** him. Like i said, the damn front loaders (the new generation of
them, if we have to spell it out) haven't been out long enough to have a
"track record". Period. If we were to be speaking of the ones of days
of old, then yes, they are junk. All those old front loaders were junk.

You can't read either. Figures.