Posted to alt.home.repair

Default loose electrical oulets

I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie
When the receptacles get used a lot, the spring tension on the contacts
gets worn out. The outlets need to be replaced

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

replace all the receptacles with new ones. Since you're renting, no
sense doing better than the 39 cent jobs. Ask your landlord first but
don't be surprised if he won't fix it for you.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

*The receptacles need to be replaced. With a loose connection like that and
a significant continuous load such as a heater plugged in, the receptacle
and the plug will get very hot. Under the right conditions a fire could
start. I'd discuss it with the landlord. He/she may be the type who will
fix it right away or he/she may think it is not worth spending the money.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TKM TKM is offline

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the
prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

*The receptacles need to be replaced. With a loose connection like that
and a significant continuous load such as a heater plugged in, the
receptacle and the plug will get very hot. Under the right conditions a
fire could start. I'd discuss it with the landlord. He/she may be the
type who will fix it right away or he/she may think it is not worth
spending the money.

Absolutely right. Your loose plugs are a fire hazard no matter what is
plugged into them. Loose connections spark and arc and that can make for
lots of heat fast. The landlord should replace them. If not, a call to the
fire department asking for an inspection because you're concerned should
start things rolling.

The National Electrical Code calls for special "arc fault" circuit breakers
to be installed on outlets in new construction to sense just the problems
that you're likely to have -- or are already having.

TKM

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:26:29 -0500, John Grabowski wrote:

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

*The receptacles need to be replaced. With a loose connection like that and
a significant continuous load such as a heater plugged in, the receptacle
and the plug will get very hot. Under the right conditions a fire could
start. I'd discuss it with the landlord. He/she may be the type who will
fix it right away or he/she may think it is not worth spending the money.

keep in mind that it costs less than a buck to replace an outlet.

Even the cost of an electrician won't be too bad if a pile of outlets are
replaced. Total cost would probably rise to about $10/outlet.

If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. Figure 50 cents/outlet, and 5
minutes/outlet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 6:17*am, "Bonnie Jean"
wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

While everyone is correct about loose outlets being a hazard, I have a
question:

You said: "Whenever I try to plug something in the wall..."

Is it a specific "something" that is loose in multiple outlets or is
everything loose in one or more outlets?

If everything is loose in one or more outlets, then the outlet(s) is
probably at fault as many other have said.

However, if it's a specific something that is loose in all outlets,
then it could be the plug itself.

I have a Dremel tool that is loose in any outlet or extension cord it
is plugged into. It's been that way since it was new. It's a real
pain.

Some older plugs have prongs that are folded over on themselves. For
these you can stick a screwdriver into the seam and spread them apart.
I'm probably dating myself with that suggestion!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , AZ Nomad wrote:
If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live
then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. Figure 50 cents/outlet, and 5
minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:
If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can
strip them, handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the
job isn't done live then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. Figure 50
cents/outlet, and 5 minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.

But after they do the first one, they've done it before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 10:21*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , AZ Nomad wrote:

If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live
then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. *Figure 50 cents/outlet, and 5
minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.

In addition, loose/worn outlets may mean old wiring with brittle,
cloth covered insulation. Not the best place for a beginner to get her
feet wet.

The OP didn't say how old the apartment is, she simply said she moved
to a "new" (to her?) place.

Besides - it's a *rental*. Not only isn't a rental the best place for
a beginner to learn (or maybe it is!) the tenant should flat out *not*
be doing the repairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 12:17*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 23, 6:17*am, "Bonnie Jean"
wrote:

[...]

Probably just worn outlets. Or loose wiring on back of worn/cheap
outlets.

Landlord responsibility: Also probably covered by local ordinances
'That premises shall be safe and wiring in accordance with local
codes'. Not work the tenant should do or have done!

Since it's rented premises better not to do the work yourself and
perhaps be held responsible for a future problem or even for a problem
with an outlet you did not even touch!

However it is a significant hazard especially if anything 'heavy' such
as an electric kettle or heater is plugged in. While it may just be a
nuisance when something 'light' such as a shaver is used and it is
intermittent.

BUT IT IS NOT SAFE.

Make sure you also have smoke alarm/s and unplug anything at night
from any dubious outlet. If necessary 'move'!

However if in the interests of safety and otherwise you do replace
anything yourself/yourselves; do it carefully and knowledgeably making
sure you know, or the person helping knows what they are doing. Make
sure all the connections are tight. A loose connection is as bad, or
worse, because it is hidden, as a loose plug!

A good handy person ................... not someone who once replaced
a Christmas tree bulb for his mother, doesn't even own a screwdriver
and has to borrow a pair of pliers and 'thinks' they know what they
are doing!

"Can't be that hard!" etc.???? And it isn't if you know what is what.

But you wouldn't hand an Formula One race car to someone learning to
drive, would you? Or allow someone who once flew in a light plane, to
pilot a 747!!!

If landlord won't fix them; you can do it yourself but do not ever
acknowledge that you have done so. Throw all the wrappings for any new
material away quickly and never admit to touching anything. "That's
the way they were when I moved in!".

In back of each outlet there should be three or six wires. Typically
two black, two white and two bare copper. One set of wires is bringing
in the electricity and the other set taking it to the next outlet on
that circuit. The last outlet on each run should have one of each
wire. Black/white/ground.

The blacks are the live wires (so remove the fuse or turn off the
circuit breaker first) these blacks connect to the side of the outlet
that usually has brass or copper coloured screws (Narrow pin). One or
two white wires connect to the bright shiny screws of the outlet,
(Wide pin).

The ground wire or wires are usually bare and is either connected to
the metal wall box, if it is leave it there, or connect to a green
coloured screw on the outlet itself. Connect up exactly the same. The
ground wire like the others is extended from box to box for safety.

Note: since the electric wires go from one outlet to another for all
the outlets on that particular circuit, make sure, first, all outlets
are working. No point chasing another wiring fault perhaps inside the
walls, that is nothing to do with loose outlets.

Then after replacing each outlet, test, to make sure that any outlets
further along are still working OK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

further along are still working OK.- Hide quoted text -

"Or loose wiring on back of worn/cheap outlets."

How would loose wires on the back of worn/cheap outlets cause the plug
to fall out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:27:40 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

[...]

Do NOT waste your time and money on $0.50 outlets. The good ones cost
just over a buck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:48:41 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jan 23, 10:21Â*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , AZ Nomad wrote:

If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live
then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. Â*Figure 50 cents/outlet, and 5
minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.

In addition, loose/worn outlets may mean old wiring with brittle,
cloth covered insulation. Not the best place for a beginner to get her
feet wet.

The OP didn't say how old the apartment is, she simply said she moved
to a "new" (to her?) place.

Besides - it's a *rental*. Not only isn't a rental the best place for
a beginner to learn (or maybe it is!) the tenant should flat out *not*
be doing the repairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 12:17*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , AZ
Nomad wrote:
If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip
them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live
then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. *Figure 50 cents/outlet, and
5
minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.

Not even for someone who has, IME. I almost always adjust the strip
length, clean the copper with some fine sandpaper, and take the time to
make a nice, snug, greater than 180 mechanical wrap around the screw.

Procure the replacement, find the tools, get out the 3.00 reading
spectacles, and by the time I sit down to *begin* the job a hell of a
lot more than five minutes have elapsed.

You can still find your tools without your glasses? Just wait...

P.S.

Stolen without permission from Reader's Digest:

A lady went into a florist shop and asked for an arrangement. She said
to the clerk "Please make it something pretty and festive. I'm trying
to cheer up a friend who just lost her seeing eye dog."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote:

You said: "Whenever I try to plug something in the wall..."

Is it a specific "something" that is loose in multiple outlets or is
everything loose in one or more outlets?

If everything is loose in one or more outlets, then the outlet(s) is
probably at fault as many other have said.

Yes, it is everything in every outlet. The house was built in the 60's. I
will mention it to the landlord but I don't hold out much hope of him
replacing them. If he doesn't replace them I'll call the fire dept and see
what they suggest.

Thanks to all for the responses.

bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2009 2:27 PM Bonnie Jean spake thus:

"DerbyDad03" wrote:

You said: "Whenever I try to plug something in the wall..."

Is it a specific "something" that is loose in multiple outlets or is
everything loose in one or more outlets?

If everything is loose in one or more outlets, then the outlet(s) is
probably at fault as many other have said.

Yes, it is everything in every outlet. The house was built in the 60's. I
will mention it to the landlord but I don't hold out much hope of him
replacing them. If he doesn't replace them I'll call the fire dept and see
what they suggest.

Forget calling the fire dep't; this is definitely *not* their field of
expertise. (Nothing against firefighters, they just ain't electricians.)

If the landlord won't spring for replacing the outlets, you should go
ahead and have it done. Get a good electrician or handyman. I wouldn't
sweat using an unlicensed electrician, *provided* they know what the
hell they're doing (replacing outlets isn't rocket surgery). Get some
references, which any legitimate handyperson should be happy to give you.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

replace all the receptacles with new ones. Since you're renting, no
sense doing better than the 39 cent jobs. Ask your landlord first but
don't be surprised if he won't fix it for you.

nate

No, he'll just evict her for unauthorized changes. Ask nice once, and if
he blows you off, ask again and mention whoever the local inspection
authority is, either for basic fire code or rental units. If he simply
doesn't want to do the work, offer to split the cost of having a
licensed electrician do it. Not to defend landlords, but I'd be
reluctant to let a tenant do any wiring either, unless I personally knew
what their skill set was.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Replacement sockets aren't all that expensive. The odds are
very slight, that you'll get your landlord to replace them.
You may be able to find someone who is skilled with electric
to replace them for you.

From your return adress, are you in the Rochester, NY area?
Nice small city with a black mayor, a fast ferry that goes
no where, and a rapidly shrinking Kodak. I know. I'm in the
Rochester NY area.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in
message ...
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental).
Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to
bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have
to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Replacement sockets aren't all that expensive. The odds are
very slight, that you'll get your landlord to replace them.
You may be able to find someone who is skilled with electric
to replace them for you.

Depends on the landlord. The new sockets should be 3-hole, too. I was
ready to start changing sockets in my old home when I realized with a
shock (heh heh) that the existing boxes were 2-wire and the metal boxes
were NOT grounded. That project is still limping along. It's tricky
working behind wallboard.

From your return adress, are you in the Rochester, NY area?
Nice small city with a black mayor, a fast ferry that goes
no where, and a rapidly shrinking Kodak. I know. I'm in the
Rochester NY area.

I'm in Henrietta. The Rochester mayor is a white guy these days, Mayor
Duffy. I think he sold the ferry. Rochester also has a rapidly
shrinking Xerox. But the many "small" companies in the surrounding
areas are growing, in the Victor and Honeoye Falls areas for example.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 9:28�pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Replacement sockets aren't all that expensive. The odds are
very slight, that you'll get your landlord to replace them.
You may be able to find someone who is skilled with electric
to replace them for you.

From your return adress, are you in the Rochester, NY area?
Nice small city with a black mayor, a fast ferry that goes
no where, and a rapidly shrinking Kodak. I know. I'm in the
Rochester NY area.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
�www.lds.org
.

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental).
Whenever I try to
plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to
bend the prongs
to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have
to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

the loose connection is a definite fire hazard, your landlord should
replace bthe worn out outlets.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
the loose connection is a definite fire hazard, your landlord should
replace bthe worn out outlets.........

I will talk to him. Thanks for the advise...everyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin wrote:
From your return adress, are you in the Rochester, NY area?
Nice small city with a black mayor, a fast ferry that goes
no where, and a rapidly shrinking Kodak. I know. I'm in the
Rochester NY area.

--
Christopher A. Young

Yup, Irondequoit. Moved here in November. Lucky for me, the cold doesn't
bother me like most folks.

I was pretty excited about the ferry when I moved here but found out they
stopped it and not for the season.

I guess the Rust Belt is still in the process of re-inventing itself.

bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:45:43 -0500, "Bonnie Jean"
wrote:

"Stormin wrote:
From your return adress, are you in the Rochester, NY area?
Nice small city with a black mayor, a fast ferry that goes
no where, and a rapidly shrinking Kodak. I know. I'm in the
Rochester NY area.

--
Christopher A. Young

Yup, Irondequoit. Moved here in November. Lucky for me, the cold doesn't
bother me like most folks.

If you live in Irondequoit, you have a treasure in your backyard:
Black's Hardware Store, 610 E. Ridge Rd., Rochester, NY 14621. Go
there to talk to knowledgeable people and get the right advice and
parts for your needs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Jan 23, 12:17*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article
, A

Nomad wrote:
[...]

How does she know it's not just sitting there 6 ft away being quiet just
to be a wise-ass?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a dual
outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet multiplier,
and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly held the outlet's
faceplate.

Here's an example:
http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...px?SKU=3069390

Posted to alt.home.repair

There's a couple real hardware in the area. I've been to
Blacks a couple times. Been a while, but when I was there,
they seem like great people. Debbie's Supply in East
Rochester (village of ER) is good. The True Value on Dewey
Ave closed, but the one on Lyell still has good people.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"KLS" wrote in message

If you live in Irondequoit, you have a treasure in your
backyard:
Black's Hardware Store, 610 E. Ridge Rd., Rochester, NY
14621. Go
there to talk to knowledgeable people and get the right
advice and
parts for your needs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:52:50 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a dual
outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet multiplier,
and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly held the outlet's
faceplate.

Here's an example:
http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...px?SKU=3069390

Won't do any good if the connection where the "six way" plugs into the
old outlet is bad. All it will do is burn it out.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 7:52*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a dual
outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet multiplier,
and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly held the outlet's
faceplate.

Here's an example:http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...dbw)/ProductDe...

Oh I get it! You plug something into a loose outlet and then screw it
in place so it doesn't fall out. Don't worry about vibration or
movement of the device's prongs sitting in the loose outlet...as long
as it doesn't fall out, it's OK.

And look! I can now plug six things into a loose outlet while before I
could only do two.

What a great idea!

Not!
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:52 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
[...]

The original problem was having to bend prongs to keep the plugs from
falling out. With my plan, you only have to bend the prongs once (on the
adapter). Problem solved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 4:36*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:52 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
[...]

adapter). Problem solved.- Hide quoted text -

I disagree. If the receptacles are old and worn, I think you are just
delaying a problem and possibly masking other issues.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
There's a couple real hardware in the area. I've been to
Blacks a couple times. Been a while, but when I was there,
they seem like great people. Debbie's Supply in East
Rochester (village of ER) is good. The True Value on Dewey
Ave closed, but the one on Lyell still has good people.

Thanks for the store tips.

I spoke with my landlord today. He's going to come over soon, check them out
and replace what needs to be replaced.

Thanks for everyone's advise.

bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a dual
outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet multiplier,
and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly held the outlet's
faceplate.

Here's an example:
http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...px?SKU=3069390

Doesn't really reduce the fire hazard much. Only removes the constant
flexing from cords getting tugged, or removed/inserted. The crappy
connection between the duplex and six-way (usually just 2 3-ways in same
shell) is still there, and now it can overheat without being extremely
obvious in seconds. I've smoked a six-way before.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a
dual outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet
multiplier, and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly
held the outlet's faceplate.

Here's an example:
http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...px?SKU=3069390

Doesn't really reduce the fire hazard much. Only removes the constant
flexing from cords getting tugged, or removed/inserted. The crappy
connection between the duplex and six-way (usually just 2 3-ways in
same shell) is still there, and now it can overheat without being
extremely obvious in seconds. I've smoked a six-way before.

Mitigation of a fire hazard was not part of the original question. The only
issue was how to keep the plugs from falling out of the sockets without
bending them.

Besides, it's a rental.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:43:01 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

aemeijers wrote:

[...]

The fact it is a rental does not reduce the chances of loosing
everything you own, and your life, in a preventable fire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

aemeijers wrote:

[...]

everything you own, and your life, in a preventable fire.- Hide quoted text -

plus the landlord could say fire was tenants fault for not reporting
the problem.

loose plugs overheat thats never good plus wastes energy
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
[...]

The house is irrelevant. The people sleeping in it, on the other hand...

--
aem sends...

Loose tap mo UK diy 1 August 30th 06 12:30 AM
loose flagstone old dirtbeard Home Repair 0 January 3rd 06 08:01 PM
Orange hospital oulets PaPaPeng Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 05:20 PM
Orange hospital oulets Bob Vaughan Home Repair 8 October 24th 05 05:08 PM
Oh no, did I loose my LCD? Leonardo Electronics Repair 1 March 4th 05 06:07 PM