Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default loose electrical oulets

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:17:32 -0800, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , AZ
Nomad wrote:
If you can tell the difference between black and white wires, can strip
them,
handler a screwdriver and find the right breaker so the job isn't done live
then
it isn't a terribly difficult doityourself job. Figure 50 cents/outlet, and
5
minutes/outlet.

Five minutes? Hardly. Not for someone who's never done it before.

Not even for someone who has, IME. I almost always adjust the strip
length, clean the copper with some fine sandpaper, and take the time to
make a nice, snug, greater than 180 mechanical wrap around the screw.

Waste of time.

Procure the replacement, find the tools, get out the 3.00 reading
spectacles, and by the time I sit down to *begin* the job a hell of a
lot more than five minutes have elapsed.