Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default loose electrical oulets

On Jan 26, 7:52*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bonnie Jean wrote:
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try
to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend
the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out.

Is there a better fix for this or just something I'll have to live
with...bending the prongs on all my cords.

Thanks,
bonnie

One other option: You can get a 6-outlet adaptor that plugs into a dual
outlet. You remove the existing faceplate, plug in the outlet multiplier,
and afix the new outlet with the screw that formerly held the outlet's
faceplate.

Here's an example:http://www.shopgetorganized.com/prod...emNo~27579.asp

Here's another:http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(is...dbw)/ProductDe...

Oh I get it! You plug something into a loose outlet and then screw it
in place so it doesn't fall out. Don't worry about vibration or
movement of the device's prongs sitting in the loose outlet...as long
as it doesn't fall out, it's OK.

And look! I can now plug six things into a loose outlet while before I
could only do two.

What a great idea!

Not!