Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Mike wrote:

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

The make/brand is irrelevant. They all work the same way. You might as well ask
if a GE lightbulb is better than Philips or Osram. Build quality may differ
though.

See my earlier answer in another group.

I'd advise you get one with say 3 bars so as to provide flexibility with the
heat setting though.

Graham

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac,alt.gothic
CJT CJT is offline

Da Cable Guy wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:05:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs

Email me for details.

For a LIVING ROOM?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac,alt.gothic

CJT writes:

Da Cable Guy wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:05:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs
Email me for details.

For a LIVING ROOM?

Some living room.

Go he

http://www.hvacopcost.com/equipsize.html

If I'm using that right, if you lived in Canada
and had a 4 million square foot living room,
150,000,000 BTUs would come close.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a

very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs
Email me for details.

For a LIVING ROOM?

Some living room.

Go he

http://www.hvacopcost.com/equipsize.html

If I'm using that right, if you lived in Canada
and had a 4 million square foot living room,
150,000,000 BTUs would come close.

What can one say...

"he likes to leave the windows and doors open for fresh air" :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

A 150,000,000 btu propane heater would heat a football stadium.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I thought that _was_ what he was looking for.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac,alt.gothic

wrote:

CJT writes:

Da Cable Guy wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:05:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs
Email me for details.

For a LIVING ROOM?

Some living room.

Go he

http://www.hvacopcost.com/equipsize.html

If I'm using that right, if you lived in Canada
and had a 4 million square foot living room,
150,000,000 BTUs would come close.

If you sit at one end, and your TV is at the other end how big does
the TV need to be? Maybe it'll provide some heat.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a

very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I thought that _was_ what he was looking for.

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Snap Whipcrack.............." wrote in message
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a

very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

The question would be...

What's a regular heating system?

What may be considered regular to you, is abnormal to someone in another
location.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Yeah, the duty cycle is a bit interesting. Only runs one second
per week.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read

about a very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread.

I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like

find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same

item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality

company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs

Email me for details.

For a LIVING ROOM?

--
The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an

attempt to
minimize spam. Our true address is of the form

.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mike" wrote in message news:5hWuh.483$Hb6.39@trndny02...

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company is very
misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.

SORRY

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:5hWuh.483$Hb6.39@trndny02...

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
. ..

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company is very
misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.

SORRY

I've never heard of a company that was NOT "using a marketing strategy"
to gain customers.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
. ..

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company is

very
misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.

SORRY

I've never heard of a company that was NOT "using a marketing strategy"
to gain customers.

I knew someone would say this...

But to be "Plain and Simple"... I can not promote an item that I do not
believe in.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
. ..

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are
purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.

Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality
company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company

is
very
misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.

SORRY

I've never heard of a company that was NOT "using a marketing strategy"
to gain customers.

I knew someone would say this...

But to be "Plain and Simple"... I can not promote an item that I do not
believe in.

Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

This a "trick question" or what ?

--

SVL

- Yahoo me--at ( precisionmachinesam )

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more

heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

This a "trick question" or what ?

--

SVL

I'll try to catch ya tomorrow, going to catch some zzzzz now. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

1 They all create different amounts of heat.
2 A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
3 A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat.
4 (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Correct, but incomplete, answer (have renumbered answers) is 4

But complete answer is:

A,B and D produce more radiation heat
C less radiation
E most heats buy convection

Therefore, if you are sitting exposed to sources A, B and D, you feel
warmer with the same power (sounds strange ?) as of C or E.

If you are interested ONLY in heating a room, answer 1) is ok.
But if you are interested in heating people (for example, outdoor),
sources A, B and D are very efficient options.

Let us put it this way: A,B and D are most efficient in delivering the
same amount of power of C and E, but where you need it mo on your body.

Example: a keep 64 F at home. When I am walking around it is a
comfortable temperature. But when I sit down, I start to feel a little cold.
Solution: a 150W halogen lamp with reflector pointed in my direction.
150W is not that much power, but you have to compare it to your body
heating power (about 100-200W), so if you could deliver that power to
heat yourself and not the walls of your house ... :-)

R.L.Deboni

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I
need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a

very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

The question would be...

What's a regular heating system?

What may be considered regular to you, is abnormal to someone in another
location.

I'd be looking into one and dump the space heaters.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Which question do you want answered?

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more
heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:33:52 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

Which question do you want answered?

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Bull****.

Where exactly do you think that energy goes, as the light
bounces around and around, until it's not light any more ?

It becomes heat energy. In the room. As long as the shades
were down. You're putting energy in ( as light ), it ain't gonna just
cease to exist. 'Conservation of energy' law and all that.

And it don't stay 'light' for long. Wanna bet ? There's a little
switch on your wall you can use to test the idea. How long does it
take for all that light in the room to cease being light ?

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
.. .

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more
heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Actually, the illumination is, indeed, free. 500 watts of energy
consumed results in 500 watts of heat, regardless of what else the
energy is doing. If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs. And it chills your
beer for free. In fact, if you heat your home with electricity, it
doesn't cost a dime to run all your appliances and keep all your
lights on all day and all night long (assuming, of course, that you
do it during the heating season and you're not overheating your
house).

In article ,
lidated says...

"R.L. Deboni" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Solar Flare wrote:
Which question do you want answered?

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

And what does that light ultimately end up as?

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more
heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Solar Flare wrote:
Hey ! Free illumination!

Do you believe in perpetual motion too?

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and
conduction, don't you?

"R.L. Deboni" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Mike Hartigan wrote:

Actually, the illumination is, indeed, free. 500 watts of energy
consumed results in 500 watts of heat, regardless of what else the
energy is doing. If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs. And it chills your
beer for free. In fact, if you heat your home with electricity, it
doesn't cost a dime to run all your appliances and keep all your
lights on all day and all night long (assuming, of course, that you
do it during the heating season and you're not overheating your
house).

snip

I'm surprised the marketeers have never tried that argument as an
advantage of electric heat over gas or other alternatives. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Sun, CJT wrote:

Mike Hartigan wrote:
Actually, the illumination is, indeed, free. 500 watts of energy
consumed results in 500 watts of heat, regardless of what else the
energy is doing. If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs. And it chills your
beer for free. In fact, if you heat your home with electricity, it
doesn't cost a dime to run all your appliances and keep all your
lights on all day and all night long (assuming, of course, that you
do it during the heating season and you're not overheating your
house).

I'm surprised the marketeers have never tried that argument as an
advantage of electric heat over gas or other alternatives. :-)

It isn't an advantage as long as the heating system
is thermostat regulated, using electric will save gas, but may
cost more.

Joe Fischer

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs.

Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste heat, but the
refrigeration system is expending energy pumping heat out of the refrigerated
area, just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your heated home. At the
end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really show up
as waste heat in the room?

My head hurts.

Vaughn

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I
need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.

But what's regular?

Fuel type... Gas, Oil, Electric, Kerosene, Waste Oil, Wood, Corn, Wood
pellets???

What type of heat? Forced Air, Hydronic, Heat Pump (Geo or Air source),
Radiant, Convection, etc???

Which is regular?

Regular is like saying NORMAL. What's normal?

Space heater Terry Home Repair 10 January 13th 07 03:53 AM
EdenPure quartz heater opinion wanted Tom Home Repair 7 December 3rd 06 11:57 PM
EdenPURET Quartz Infrared Portable Heater opinion wanted Dave Home Repair 3 December 29th 05 06:20 PM
Space Heater ? Keith Home Repair 3 October 26th 05 04:16 AM
space heater Bob Home Repair 8 October 25th 05 02:45 AM