Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

Hi Vaughn;

Vaughn Simon wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote:

If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's
producing exactly the same amount of heat as five
100 watt light bulbs.

Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste
heat, but the refrigeration system is expending
energy pumping heat out of the refrigerated area,
just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your
heated home. At the end of the day, does all of the
energy that the refrigerator uses really show up
as waste heat in the room?

Of course it does. If the refrigerator is consuming
an average of 500W it delivers an average of 500W.
That's just basic physics.

There is a "cool" exception, but this was not included
in the original question.

During the heating season take liquid tap water in a
container, freeze it in the freezer, and throw the
resultant ice out doors.

In addition to the power needed to run the
refrigerator you will have extracted some of the heat
in the water.

Cool huh!

My head hurts.

Vaughn

Duane

--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm[*]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article , kjpro @
usenet.com says...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I
need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.

But what's regular?

Fuel type... Gas, Oil, Electric, Kerosene, Waste Oil, Wood, Corn, Wood
pellets???

What type of heat? Forced Air, Hydronic, Heat Pump (Geo or Air source),
Radiant, Convection, etc???

Which is regular?

Regular is like saying NORMAL. What's normal?

Normal is just the regular system. duh! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
In article , kjpro @
usenet.com says...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about

very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I
need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like

find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft.

bedroom.

But what's regular?

Fuel type... Gas, Oil, Electric, Kerosene, Waste Oil, Wood, Corn, Wood
pellets???

What type of heat? Forced Air, Hydronic, Heat Pump (Geo or Air source),
Radiant, Convection, etc???

Which is regular?

Regular is like saying NORMAL. What's normal?

Normal is just the regular system. duh! ;-)

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Vaughn Simon wrote:

At the end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really
show up
as waste heat in the room?

Yes.

Graham

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

posted for all of us...

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat.
B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat.
D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

So many questions. So many answers. So little time...
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

posted for all of us...

The question would be...

What's a regular heating system?

The one that uses fiber? Like a previous post said.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 02:01:39 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Vaughn Simon wrote:

At the end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really
show up
as waste heat in the room?

Yes.

No.

If it's heating season, that heat is not wasted.

Graham

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs.

Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste heat, but the
refrigeration system is expending energy pumping heat out of the

refrigerated
area, just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your heated home. At

the
end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really

show up
as waste heat in the room?

My head hurts.

Vaughn

Consumed electric is consumed electric, no matter how you use it.

A watt is a watt, just as a BTU is a BTU...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote:

Vaughn Simon wrote:

At the end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator

uses really
show up
as waste heat in the room?

Yes.

No.

If it's heating season, that heat is not wasted.

I think he is saying the same thing...

He's saying that the 500 watts shows up in the room.
The prevous guy thinks "or is asking" if somehow some of those 500 watts of
energy is going to disappear.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Solar Flare" wrote in message
Which question do you want answered?

The one I asked...

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

You better think again...

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room no
matter which poroduct you wish to use.

A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

- Yahoo me--at ( )

I just sent you an IM.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:
Vaughn Simon wrote:

At the end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator
uses really show up as waste heat in the room?

Yes.

No.

If it's heating season, that heat is not wasted.

I think he is saying the same thing...

He's saying that the 500 watts shows up in the room.
The prevous guy thinks "or is asking" if somehow some of those 500 watts of
energy is going to disappear.

It depends on your definition of waste.

Whether you can make good use of the waste heat is another matter.

Graham

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article , kjpro @
usenet.com says...

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
Mike Hartigan wrote:

Actually, the illumination is, indeed, free. 500 watts of energy
consumed results in 500 watts of heat, regardless of what else the
energy is doing. If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs. And it chills your
beer for free. In fact, if you heat your home with electricity, it
doesn't cost a dime to run all your appliances and keep all your
lights on all day and all night long (assuming, of course, that you
do it during the heating season and you're not overheating your
house).

snip

I'm surprised the marketeers have never tried that argument as an
advantage of electric heat over gas or other alternatives. :-)

The problem is that electricity costs so much more per unit of energy
than the alternatives that it can't be sold as an economic
alternative. Electric heat is 100% efficient. It simply costs more.

It doesn't cost more in all areas of the world.

True. I'm speaking in conventional terms in the US. Obviously,
YMMV.

In FACT, a natural gas fired, forced air furnace cost more to run than
straight electric heat last year.

Depends on where you live in the country. While my figgerin' could
be wrong, at around $0.08/kwh, (Chicago area), I calculated that
natural gas would need to be in the ballpark of $2 per therm in order
for electricity to be competitive.

Now just think of the savings they could have had with a heat pump!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Mike Hartigan wrote:

[...]

You're correct, and natural was up to over $2.50 a therm last winter.

So input that into a 80% furnace and we have trouble.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Eeyore" wrote in message

"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:
Vaughn Simon wrote:

At the end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator
uses really show up as waste heat in the room?

Yes.

No.

If it's heating season, that heat is not wasted.

I think he is saying the same thing...

He's saying that the 500 watts shows up in the room.
The prevous guy thinks "or is asking" if somehow some of those 500 watts

of
energy is going to disappear.

It depends on your definition of waste.

Whether you can make good use of the waste heat is another matter.

True, but we were talking creating heat. So in this case we're using it for
heat. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 7:51 am, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Mike Hartigan" wrote in messagenews:MPG.2027a959615c2e71989928@newsgroups. comcast.net...

In article , kjpro @
usenet.com says...

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
t.net...

[snip]
The problem is that electricity costs so much more per unit of energy
than the alternatives that it can't be sold as an economic
alternative. Electric heat is 100% efficient. It simply costs more.

It doesn't cost more in all areas of the world.

True. I'm speaking in conventional terms in the US. Obviously,
YMMV.

In FACT, a natural gas fired, forced air furnace cost more to run than
straight electric heat last year.

Depends on where you live in the country. While my figgerin' could
be wrong, at around $0.08/kwh, (Chicago area), I calculated that
natural gas would need to be in the ballpark of $2 per therm in order
for electricity to be competitive.

You're correct, and natural was up to over $2.50 a therm last winter.

So input that into a 80% furnace and we have trouble.

While my memory is not flawless, I don't recall my rate getting much
over $1.25/therm last winter. (and I already factored in the typical
80% efficiency rating).

FWIW, I did some more figgerin' and came up with $1.92 as the break
even point at $.08/kwh, assuming 80% efficiency (this is all exclusive
of delivery charges, taxes, etc.). I understand that electricity
prices in other major metropolitan markets are about double mine, so
the break even price would be closer to $4.00/therm there. The bottom
line is that, barring any major technological breakthroughs in
electricity production, it's not likely that electricity will be
cheaper than gas as a source of residential heat anytime soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I
need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also
recommendations for other heaters are welcome.

What's wrong with the regular heating system?

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.

But what's regular?

Fuel type... Gas, Oil, Electric, Kerosene, Waste Oil, Wood, Corn, Wood
pellets???

What type of heat? Forced Air, Hydronic, Heat Pump (Geo or Air source),
Radiant, Convection, etc???

Which is regular?

Regular is like saying NORMAL. What's normal?

The installed whole house heating system, don't matter which kind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 9:01 am, wrote:
[snip]
lets see....we
burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is
cheaper? LOL too funny.

Kind of reminds me of a local grocery chain that used to differentiate
themselves from their competitors a few years ago by saying that their
'gound beef' was actually ground 'steak'. I often wondered where the
economic sense was in taking the steak that they were selling for $3+
per lb, expending the extra labor to grind it, only to sell it for
under $1 per lb.

Of course, the heat generated by the grinder probably offset their
cost to heat the store (just trying to stay on topic ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

horse****. try paying $.24/kw for electricity. lets see....we
burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is
cheaper? LOL too funny.

We're currently at $.052 /kwh up here.

http://www.cowlitzpud.org/pdf/3-2-06...hedule%201.pdf

Now just think of the savings they could have had with a heat pump!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quartz Space Heater-an answer

I'm not sure that this is the one the OP was interested in but here is
one:

EdenPURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater. They will refund your money
within 60 days if not satisfied. Their number is 1-800-284-9557. I
have one on order and should receive it this week. I DO plan to return
it if it is not up to my expectations.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quartz Space Heater=the answer

I forgot to add - for detailed information go to http://www.edenpure.com

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article
,
"Vaughn Simon" wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs.

Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste heat, but the
refrigeration system is expending energy pumping heat out of the refrigerated
area, just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your heated home. At
the
end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really show
up
as waste heat in the room?

My head hurts.

Vaughn

Yes Vaughn, it does all end up in heat, in the room, which then leaks out
of the house and heats the outside world, which then also leaks off the
planet and heats SPACE..... wheather it is "Waste Heat" is a matter of
Politics.......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article ,
Mike Hartigan wrote:

In article ,
says...
Mike Hartigan wrote:

[...]

When I was a kid, in the Pacific Northwest, electricity was $.02/KwH.
My Father, the Banker, was a Depression KId, and had a fetish about
turning off the lights, in rooms that were unoccupied. He would
get very angry at us kids for "Wasting Electricity". In 7th Grade,
I wrote a Paper for Science Class on the efficency of an "All Electric
House" which we lived in. Got an "A" on the Paper, and after my Father
read it, he quit ragging on us kids about the lights, but only durning
the winters. Summers were still a bit of a hassel........

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message

The problem is that electricity costs so much more per unit of energy
than the alternatives that it can't be sold as an economic
alternative. Electric heat is 100% efficient. It simply costs more.

It doesn't cost more in all areas of the world.

In FACT, a natural gas fired, forced air furnace cost more to run than
straight electric heat last year.

horse****. try paying $.24/kw for electricity. lets see....we
burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is
cheaper? LOL too funny.

Not every power supplier burns natural gas for it's source. Our electric
rates are much cheaper since they burn coal in this area.

I'm also not saying that electric is ALWAYS cheaper all over the US or
saying that it stays that way. (we were talking about 8 cents/kw vers high
priced natural and using a heat pump to save money)

Last year our natural price was over $2.50 per therm while electric was
under .08 cents/kw. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it! :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac,alt.gothic

Da Cable Guy wrote in message ...
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:05:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs

Not likely. 150 M BTU per hour?? That's on the order of 44 MW. It would
go through a 150 lb bottle of propane in just minutes (if you could even get
enough flow rate through a standard propane rig to supply it).

Even 150,000 BTU per hour is more than double a full-house furnace.

daestrom

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mike" wrote in message

Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs

Not likely. 150 M BTU per hour?? That's on the order of 44 MW. It would
go through a 150 lb bottle of propane in just minutes (if you could even

get
enough flow rate through a standard propane rig to supply it).

Even 150,000 BTU per hour is more than double a full-house furnace.

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article
,
"Vaughn Simon" wrote:

[...]

But there is no heat in space... it's 0 degrees Kelvin

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

A big house ?

Graham

Posted to alt.home.repair

A friend of mine in Wilkes-Barre, PA owns a large Victorian home and
he tells me his aging boiler is rated at a whopping 425,000 BTUs (I'm
taking him at his word).

His home isn't well insulated and given his excessively high gas bills
I suggested he arrange for a home energy audit, which he tells me he
has done. I also suggested a new (and presumably much smaller) boiler
is likely to be one of the key recommendations and I'll be curious to
learn just what they have to say about his current system.

Cheers,
Paul

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 02:15:20 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

A big house ?

Graham

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Light is not heat. Get over it.

I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.

Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Solar Flare" wrote in message
Which question do you want answered?

The one I asked...

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

You better think again...

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The
rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room
no
matter which poroduct you wish to use.

A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

What kind of radiation?

"CJT" wrote in message
Solar Flare wrote:
Hey ! Free illumination!

Do you believe in perpetual motion too?

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and
conduction, don't you?

"R.L. Deboni" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

1 They all create different amounts of heat.
2 A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
3 A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce
more heat.
4 (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Correct, but incomplete, answer (have renumbered answers) is 4

But complete answer is:

A,B and D produce more radiation heat
C less radiation
E most heats buy convection

Therefore, if you are sitting exposed to sources A, B and D, you
feel warmer with the same power (sounds strange ?) as of C or E.

If you are interested ONLY in heating a room, answer 1) is ok.
But if you are interested in heating people (for example, outdoor),
sources A, B and D are very efficient options.

Let us put it this way: A,B and D are most efficient in delivering
the same amount of power of C and E, but where you need it mo on
your body.

Example: a keep 64 F at home. When I am walking around it is a
comfortable temperature. But when I sit down, I start to feel a
little cold.
Solution: a 150W halogen lamp with reflector pointed in my
direction. 150W is not that much power, but you have to compare it
to your body heating power (about 100-200W), so if you could
deliver that power to heat yourself and not the walls of your house
... :-)

R.L.Deboni

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Eeyore" wrote in message

"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

A big house ?

4000 plus square feet, 12-15 feet ceilings, big picture windows, and old on
top of it.

How would you like a $1000 plus monthly heating bill?????? Not me!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
hehehe We replaced a 350,000btuh steamer a couple years back with
another the same size. Huge, old house. I think it was built around
1910.

Biggest I've seen is a 1 Million Btu boiler for a commercial building.
2" Black Pipe Natural gas main and manifold!

Had the original pilot valve, gas valve and separate regulator on it, that
had all been under water.

Can you say... scarrrrrrry?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:29:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Solar Flare" wrote in message
.. .
Light is not heat. Get over it.

I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.

Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Measure the current that the sound system is using, then measure the
voltage. That's energy being entered into the room.

Amps times Voltage = Watts

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

WHETHER you want to believe it or not.

But let me ask you this, if it doesn't create heat... why do I have to cool
"cable equipment rooms" in the middle of winter?

I mean, there is nothing in there to heat the building, except a bunch of
receivers.... so where is all the heat coming from?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand after
it has been burning for ten minutes.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Justin" ' wrote in message
u...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after
it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them
with too much wattage...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

| "Justin" ' wrote in message
| u...
|
| | "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| | .. .
| | Light is not heat. Get over it.
| |
| | I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
| |
| | Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| | burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.
| |

| So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand
| after
| it has been burning for ten minutes.
|

| And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying
them
| with too much wattage...
|
| --

Yep, that too, never heard of it either.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

"Justin" ' wrote in message
u...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after
it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying
them
with too much wattage...

Everybody pick an energy, go to the link and report back
with 500 words by Friday. g

http://teacher.pas.rochester.edu/phy...Heat/Heat.html

-zero

Space heater Terry Home Repair 10 January 13th 07 03:53 AM
EdenPure quartz heater opinion wanted Tom Home Repair 7 December 3rd 06 11:57 PM
EdenPURET Quartz Infrared Portable Heater opinion wanted Dave Home Repair 3 December 29th 05 06:20 PM
Space Heater ? Keith Home Repair 3 October 26th 05 04:16 AM
space heater Bob Home Repair 8 October 25th 05 02:45 AM