Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message

The problem is that electricity costs so much more per unit of energy
than the alternatives that it can't be sold as an economic
alternative. Electric heat is 100% efficient. It simply costs more.

It doesn't cost more in all areas of the world.

In FACT, a natural gas fired, forced air furnace cost more to run than
straight electric heat last year.

horse****. try paying $.24/kw for electricity. lets see....we
burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is
cheaper? LOL too funny.

Not every power supplier burns natural gas for it's source. Our electric
rates are much cheaper since they burn coal in this area.

I'm also not saying that electric is ALWAYS cheaper all over the US or
saying that it stays that way. (we were talking about 8 cents/kw vers high
priced natural and using a heat pump to save money)

Last year our natural price was over $2.50 per therm while electric was
under .08 cents/kw. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it! :-)