Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

"daestrom" wrote in message

Da Cable Guy wrote in message ...
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:05:49 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

news:JCLuh.60$li4.54@trndny08...
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a
very
popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to
replace the space heater in the living room and would like to
find a reference to the quartz heater

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?

Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs

Not likely. 150 M BTU per hour?? That's on the order of 44 MW. It would
go through a 150 lb bottle of propane in just minutes (if you could even

get
enough flow rate through a standard propane rig to supply it).

Even 150,000 BTU per hour is more than double a full-house furnace.

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't
mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.