Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

Hi Solar;

Solar Flare wrote:

Yeah, it turns due to the reflected photons (in
theory since photons are on theorem anyway).

In theory yes, if the vacuum is total as in space.

The spindle turns towards the black faces and
away from the white ones in light.

However, the standard Crooks Radiometer has a partial
vacuum. The vanes turn much faster than if there was
a total vacuum and they advance away from the black
side. The black side is hotter than the white or
silvered side. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes...ic_explanation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes...on_t he_vanes

Duane

--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm[*]
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:36:09 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

Obviously you are just a troll (we already knew that) or just plain
stupid enough to lie about it.

Obviously you are too stupid and egotistical to take
just a second and LOOK at it (and apologize).

Joe Fischer

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:58:57 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

There is no such thing as a Mark even though you keep beaking off.

What's really strange is the idea that you're expecting that to change
reality, and bring into existence a from of radiation that does not
exist.

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:52:55 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

Funny we can photograph infrared heat

There is (still) no such thing as "infrared heat". Infrared
radiation
is produced by warm objects. Heating these objects further produces
more visible light (as seen in flames and heating elements, and in
sparks too).

from people's bodies and other
warm objects even though it isn't heat.

Photographic film, as well as CCD arrays in digital cameras, is
sensitive to electromagnetic radiation in the infrared range.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

4000 plus square feet, 12-15 feet ceilings, big picture windows, and old on
top of it.

How would you like a $1000 plus monthly heating bill?????? Not me!

That's insane. I used to live in a 1200 sq-ft 100yr-old wood framed
2-story house in the Canadian prairies. -40 winters, older furnace with
cast-iron heat exchanger. Our average monthly heating bill was just a
bit over $100 CAD.

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote:

There is no such thing as a Mark even though you keep beaking off.

What's really strange is the idea that you're expecting that to change
reality, and bring into existence a from of radiation that does not
exist.

It isn't just warm things that radiate photons, it is
everything, except all things also absorb photons,
depending on temperature differences and other
factors.

But I am curious about what the special thing
that CO2 is supposed to have, it is a molecule with
atoms vibrating or moving in some way, but those
movements are not involved in the sensible heat
measured, only the velocity of the entire molecule
relative to neighbor molecules can transfer "heat".

"Heat" is not a thing in itself, it is only the
motion of the molecules and how fast and how
hard they hit when they bounce off other molecules.

Of course monatomic atoms are considered
to be "molecules" in some ways.

I understand "Black Chrome" coatings on
copper sheet or foil will absorb solar energy very
well and not emit in short wavelengths, but chances
are that anything that emits long waves will also
absorb long waves, and CO2 has a very small
specific heat compared to water vapor, and
there must be a lot of difference in the latent
heat of vaporization between the two molecules.

Joe Fischer I drive the right lane.

Space heater Terry Home Repair 10 January 13th 07 03:53 AM
EdenPure quartz heater opinion wanted Tom Home Repair 7 December 3rd 06 11:57 PM
EdenPURET Quartz Infrared Portable Heater opinion wanted Dave Home Repair 3 December 29th 05 06:20 PM
Space Heater ? Keith Home Repair 3 October 26th 05 04:16 AM
space heater Bob Home Repair 8 October 25th 05 02:45 AM