Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Default Quartz Space Heater

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article , kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

But there is no heat in space... it's 0 degrees Kelvin

Actually, it's a tiny bit higher than that.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article , kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Apparently not -- he argued with me over how many liters are in a US gallon.
It's easy enough to look up...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Doug Miller wrote:
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

wrote:

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Apparently not -- he argued with me over how many liters are in a US gallon.
It's easy enough to look up...

3.785 vs 3.784, in my 2006 book. Maybe it's grown since you looked it up.

You guys might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

wrote:

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Apparently not -- he argued with me over how many liters are in a US

gallon.
It's easy enough to look up...

3.785 vs 3.784, in my 2006 book. Maybe it's grown since you looked it up.

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

You guys might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy :-)

Nick

I just looked in the dictionary under Energy... and the first thing it say
is Power.

Go Figure

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:24:46 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

But there is no heat in space... it's 0 degrees Kelvin

Actually, it's a tiny bit higher than that.

Yes. "0 degrees Kelvin" (isn't that called "0 Kelvins" now?) is a form
of perfection. Perfection is one of the few things that cannot exist.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:23:10 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

Light is not heat. Get over it.

True. Light is electromagnetic radiation (which can exist in empty
space). Heat (and sound) is mechanical vibration (which can't exist in
empty space, it needs something to vibrate).

I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.

Mechanical vibration will cause heating.

Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Light (electromagnetic radiation) will create heat when it contacts
any substance. That's what happens when you go outside on a sunny day.

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
.. .

"Solar Flare" wrote in message
Which question do you want answered?

The one I asked...

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

You better think again...

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The
rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room
no
matter which poroduct you wish to use.

A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" ' wrote:

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand after
it has been burning for ten minutes.

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider
that you wanted light, not burned hands.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:21:14 -0600, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

Plonk.

Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

A lot of people don't, especially when they conflict with favorite
delusions.

Another fact: The sun is very hot, but heat cannot exist in space. You
may get hot when you got out on a sunny day, but NONE of the sun's
heat can get to you directly. The energy gets here as light (the sun
is hot enough to be incandescent).

BTW, you can't smell the sun either.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

In article , Mark Lloyd wrote:

Another fact: The sun is very hot, but heat cannot exist in space. You
may get hot when you got out on a sunny day, but NONE of the sun's
heat can get to you directly. The energy gets here as light (the sun
is hot enough to be incandescent).

Just to clarify -- it doesn't all get here as *visible* light. Quite a bit of
it is UV and IR.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Doug Miller wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he meant.

It's an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.

He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference
between power and energy.

Learn the difference!

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
You You is offline

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider
that you wanted light, not burned hands.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

You make a VERY BIG Assumption here, Dude..... What makes you think
he was wanting light, instead of heat?????
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
You You is offline

In article ,
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article
,
"Vaughn Simon" wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts
of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the
same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs.

Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste heat, but the
refrigeration system is expending energy pumping heat out of the

refrigerated
area, just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your heated home.

At
the
end of the day, does all of the energy that the refrigerator uses really

show
up
as waste heat in the room?

My head hurts.

Vaughn

Yes Vaughn, it does all end up in heat, in the room, which then leaks out
of the house and heats the outside world, which then also leaks off the
planet and heats SPACE..... wheather it is "Waste Heat" is a matter of
Politics.......

But there is no heat in space... it's 0 degrees Kelvin

There is no such thing as "0 Degrees Kelvin"... What Grade School Physics
Class did you flunk out of? If that were true, all Dark Matter would
dissaccociate, and Physics as we understand it wouldn't work at all.
If there is no heat in space, then where does the waste heat go, that
the Heat Dissipating Panels, that line the Shuttle Cargo Bay Doors
go?.... Space is not a void. It has Gas, Dust, and all kinds of
Particles, moving around in it. These all have energy associated with
them, when referenced to Earth, or any other reference point you can
name. That energy, will ulltimatly be transfered into heat when those
things interact with any other matter, or energy, in which they come in
contact, or influence.

where do you guys come up with this stuff..... Idiot's R' Us........
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Doug Miller wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he meant.

It's an extremely big deal

if you want to pick nits.

Or make any sense in an energy newsgroup.

Go away.

No thanks. Run out of civility pills? :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Solar Flare wrote:
Light is not heat. Get over it.

But light converts to heat.

I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.

I hope you're kidding. Of course sound energy converts to heat, too.

Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Perhaps it is you who should go back to school.

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Solar Flare" wrote in message

Which question do you want answered?

The one I asked...

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much
energy producing visible light.

You better think again...

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The
rest
all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room
no
matter which poroduct you wish to use.

A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Solar Flare wrote:

What kind of radiation?

radiant heat energy

"CJT" wrote in message

Solar Flare wrote:

Hey ! Free illumination!

Do you believe in perpetual motion too?

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and
conduction, don't you?

"R.L. Deboni" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light.
B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs.
C 1 - 500 watt electric heater
D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater
E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

1 They all create different amounts of heat.
2 A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat.
3 A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce
more heat.
4 (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Correct, but incomplete, answer (have renumbered answers) is 4

But complete answer is:

A,B and D produce more radiation heat
C less radiation
E most heats buy convection

Therefore, if you are sitting exposed to sources A, B and D, you
feel warmer with the same power (sounds strange ?) as of C or E.

If you are interested ONLY in heating a room, answer 1) is ok.
But if you are interested in heating people (for example, outdoor),
sources A, B and D are very efficient options.

Let us put it this way: A,B and D are most efficient in delivering
the same amount of power of C and E, but where you need it mo on
your body.

Example: a keep 64 F at home. When I am walking around it is a
comfortable temperature. But when I sit down, I start to feel a
little cold.
Solution: a 150W halogen lamp with reflector pointed in my
direction. 150W is not that much power, but you have to compare it
to your body heating power (about 100-200W), so if you could
deliver that power to heat yourself and not the walls of your house
... :-)

R.L.Deboni

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
u...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them
with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
u...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying

them
with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
m.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"You" wrote in message

"Vaughn Simon" wrote:

[...]

Ok Mr ****y... space is 2.7 Kelvin

But if you measured the temp with NO light, or radiation, it would be 0
Kelvin.

Happy Now?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" ' wrote:

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after
it has been burning for ten minutes.

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider
that you wanted light, not burned hands.

Consider we were talking about heat and not light.

It's also not wasted heat if you are heating your home in the winter.

But the real question was, "which produces more heat".

Get back on track!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he

meant.

It's an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.

He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference
between power and energy.

Learn the difference!

Learn the language... what an idiot.

If you can't come up with something better than SPELLING or GRAMMER issues,
I feel really sorry for your ass!

I'm also sorry that this is all so new to you that you need EVERY LITTLE
detail to UNDERSTAND it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he

meant.

It's an extremely big deal

if you want to pick nits.

Or make any sense in an energy newsgroup.

Go away.

No thanks. Run out of civility pills?

Yes, when you showed up.

What did you do, take all of them to act half normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
news
Consider yourself fortunate, KJ. Now if Nick would just plonk
everyone else we'd never hear from him again.

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
m.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Which is heat created... which makes his post CRAP.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
m.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all
| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
It's an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.

He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference
between power and energy.

Learn the difference!

Learn the language... what an idiot.

If you can't come up with something better than SPELLING or GRAMMER
issues,
I feel really sorry for your ass!

I'm also sorry that this is all so new to you that you need EVERY LITTLE
detail to UNDERSTAND it.

A few years back, I almost lost my last piece of good brain cell when
I decided to attempt to learn ALL the vernacular and manipulation associated
with the decibel. ...I'll never try that again.

The devil is truly in the details.

-zero

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
. com.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all

| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

--

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
. com.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all

| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your

hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from

supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses

the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

--

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
| On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" ' wrote:
|

| | "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| | .. .
| | Light is not heat. Get over it.
| |
| | I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
| |
| | Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all
| | burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.
| |

| So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand
after
| it has been burning for ten minutes.
|

| The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider
| that you wanted light, not burned hands.
| --

I never said I wanted light at all, get with it. My post was in reply to
solar flare who said "Light is not heat"

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message

The problem is that electricity costs so much more per unit of energy
than the alternatives that it can't be sold as an economic
alternative. Electric heat is 100% efficient. It simply costs more.

It doesn't cost more in all areas of the world.

In FACT, a natural gas fired, forced air furnace cost more to run than
straight electric heat last year.

horse****. try paying $.24/kw for electricity. lets see....we
burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is
cheaper? LOL too funny.

Where is electricity .24/kw?

The utility where I live burns minimal gas just enough so they can base
their production cost on it.
For example - using nuclear it cost 1 unit to produce one mw of electricity,
two units of coal to produce one mw of electricity and ng cost 8 units to
produce one mw of electricity. They list their cost as 8 units to create
one mw of electricity and it's perfectly legal under the recently enacted
rules deregulation. BGE works something like this
50% of the electricity is produced using nuclear, 40% using coal and maybe
5% other and 5% using ng. They legally state their cost is 8 units per mw
of electricity.

Can you spell rip-off. There will never be anything resembling a legitimate
completive market for electricity. Why?
it can't be stored,there's no real competition, the local electric power
grid weren't designed to ship electricity long distances, due line
resistance there's a greater power loss the further electric is shipped and
it stresses the power grids which were designed for local consumption.
Deregulated electric rates will never save consumers money over sanely
regulated rates. The next big rip of coming will be in "delivery charges"
already in some areas "delivery charges" and "customer charges" are
approaching the over priced cost of deregulated electricity.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:
"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
t.com.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all

| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your

hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from

supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses

the

point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

--

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

--

I haven't looked at you picture, nor will I, but I assume it reflects
your "professionalism."

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:
"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
t.com.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs

are

all

| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your

brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your

hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from

supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses

the

point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

--

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

--

I haven't looked at you picture, nor will I, but I assume it reflects
your "professionalism."

It shows him playing "pocket pool". LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

Mike wrote:

Where is electricity .24/kw?

Nowhere, altho PV people get 50 cents/kWh in Germany.

You might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.hvac

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

"CJT" wrote in message
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

"Justin" ' wrote in message
. com.au...

| "Solar Flare" wrote in message
| .. .
| Light is not heat. Get over it.
|
| I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
|
| Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are

all

| burned from illumination being converted to heat in your
brains.

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your

hand

after

it has been burning for ten minutes.

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from

supplying

them

with too much wattage...

--

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses

the
point.

Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just
somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

--

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the
sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they
DON'T turn into sound.

Sherlocks has spoken...

No ****, he really has.

--

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

You had Neil Young over for dinner last night?

Space heater Terry Home Repair 10 January 13th 07 03:53 AM
EdenPure quartz heater opinion wanted Tom Home Repair 7 December 3rd 06 11:57 PM
EdenPURET Quartz Infrared Portable Heater opinion wanted Dave Home Repair 3 December 29th 05 06:20 PM
Space Heater ? Keith Home Repair 3 October 26th 05 04:16 AM
space heater Bob Home Repair 8 October 25th 05 02:45 AM