Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steep hillside covered with poision ivy:(

I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

Its the roots that you have to destroy with Poison Ivy. It is an incredibly
hardy vine/bush so good luck, not quite as bad as blackberry bushes in the
Pacific Northwest but still a bear.

The first person who replied suggested a flamethrower, that would be a BAD
idea for you as the smoke from the poison ivy would probably kill you
(literally) as the poision would get into your lungs. The other suggestion
he made was a big tarp - not a bad idea as it would starve them out for
light but you could cut holes in the tarp to avoid killing the plants you
want to keep.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
The other suggestion he made was a big tarp - not a bad idea as it would
starve them out for light but you could cut holes in the tarp to avoid
killing the plants you want to keep.

How do you propose getting rid of the contaminated tarp afterwards? The
bottom will be coated with the oils.

I vote for Roundup. It has worked well for me, but it was minimal compared
to what you have..

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
The other suggestion he made was a big tarp - not a bad idea as it would
starve them out for light but you could cut holes in the tarp to avoid
killing the plants you want to keep.

How do you propose getting rid of the contaminated tarp afterwards? The
bottom will be coated with the oils.

I vote for Roundup. It has worked well for me, but it was minimal
compared to what you have..

I'm just throwing out ideas, no need to get angry about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On 4 Jun 2006 13:04:15 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

Quoted from This Old House:

Poison ivy contains a sticky, resinlike substance called urushiol, an
oily substance that causes rashes and other health problems. Urushiol
oil is extremely potent; a very small amount is enough to produce a
rash.

Direct contact with the oil is what causes the rash, but you don't
have to touch the plant to be affected. Anything that causes the oil
to become airborne — mowing or using a string trimmer on poison ivy,
for example, or burning the plant — can lead to direct contact.

A systemic herbicide is one way to kill poison ivy. It should be
sprayed on the plants when they're actively growing, which draws the
herbicide through the leaves and distributes it to stems and roots,
which kills the plant. Applications in successive years may be
required.

If application of a herbicide is not possible or not desirable, plants
can be pulled out by the roots, as they were in this case.

Cover any bare skin to make sure it won't come in contact with leaves,
stems, or roots. Urushiol can stay within old stems for a year, so
stay vigilant even if the ivy is dead.

Wear safety goggles, gloves, a long—sleeved shirt, and long pants.
Carefully tape your shirtsleeves to the gloves and your pant legs to
your socks. A hat is advisable as well.

Dispose of all poison ivy debris by stuffing it into plastic garbage
bags. Seal each bag with a twist tie to prevent accidental contact,
then dispose of the bags. Never burn poison ivy debris: the smoke can
be toxic!

When you remove your gloves after the work is complete, rub your hands
with a cream containing a solvent such as mineral spirits. This will
remove any traces of urushiol. Remember that urushiol is an oil, so a
solvent is required to remove it. Check your pharmacy for suitable
products; some may be referred to as poison ivy wash.

To prevent poison ivy from returning to an area, cover the soil with a
deep layer of mulch.

End of quote.

Oren
They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction.
Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998
Posted to alt.home.repair
Rapid

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

orange cleaner with pumis is the best stuff I have found to clean your
body with after working with poison ivy. the orange cuts the oil and
the pumis gives you that abrasiveness you NEED so bad when you have
poison ivy. kind of like scratching without scratching.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:49:49 -0400, Rapid wrote:

orange cleaner with pumis is the best stuff I have found to clean your
body with after working with poison ivy. the orange cuts the oil and
the pumis gives you that abrasiveness you NEED so bad when you have
poison ivy. kind of like scratching without scratching.

I get itchy thinking about it. Can't say I have been affected by
poison ivy, but as a young boy I was warned about "using" the "wrong
leaf" in the forest.

Oren
--
They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction.
Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery

"Oren" wrote in message
On 4 Jun 2006 13:04:15 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

I saw an epsode that went like that. Think it was the sister program of This
old HOuse. One of the guys showed up and the home owner and him suited up
and pulled it out by hand. I just wondered what they used to clean up the
cloths afterwards. If it were mine, I think I would remove them very
carefully and put them in the plastic bag and throw them away. Where I work
we have some "plastic" coveralls with foot coverings and a hood. Those
might be a good thing to wear while tearing out the poison ivy. They are
ment to be disposed of after using them. All you would need to do wwould be
get some gloves and the eye googles.

Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
wrote:
I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

Poison ivy is actually rather susceptible to Roundup when it is mixed at
the proper strength -- English ivy is almost impervious to it. Are you
buying the pre-mixed or do-it-yourself Roundup? I suggest the latter and
get the "purple" brush-killer concentrate while you are at it -- every
big-box store carries it. Mix to full strength and when you spray, wet
the foliage thoroughly since a little mist isn't going to do the job. No
need to have it dripping off the leaves in a stream, just a good wetting.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

i used the premix spray bottle, sounds like that wasnt a good choice

The pre-mix has never seemed like a good choice on an efficiency vs.
cost basis, at least to me. I guess if a person had a few weeds in
cracks in the patio it might be OK but a lot of $$$ goes out to buy a
little bit of convenience.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair
rb608

wrote in message
I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I feel your pain. I hate the stuff. The first year after I bought my
present home, I sprayed the crap out of anything that even looked like it.
That said, it's clear you're getting plenty of good advice on the chemical
solution to the problem. Personally, I'd kill everything on the hill and
replant.

As for a non-chemical idea, allow me to suggest that you simply pay someone
else to do pull it out & dispose of it. You can expect to pay well for
that; but admit it, it would be worth it when compared to another round of
Prednizone. Some folks are less allergic to the stuff, & if you can find
one to do the dirty work, I'd pay 'em.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:20:18 GMT, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

End of quote.

I saw an epsode that went like that. Think it was the sister program of This
old HOuse. One of the guys showed up and the home owner and him suited up
and pulled it out by hand. I just wondered what they used to clean up the
cloths afterwards. If it were mine, I think I would remove them very
carefully and put them in the plastic bag and throw them away. Where I work
we have some "plastic" coveralls with foot coverings and a hood. Those
might be a good thing to wear while tearing out the poison ivy. They are
ment to be disposed of after using them. All you would need to do wwould be
get some gloves and the eye googles.

This episode advised to have other workers do the task, if you were
especially susceptible to the ivy. I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

I really never thought about the clothes and that is a good point,
since someone in the home can break out in rash. The tape advice at
socks and gloves is excellent also.

For the OP - as a second thought, bring a front-end loader and take it
out, perhaps using the heavy mulch idea. This might not work in your
case.

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:42:44 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

As for a non-chemical idea, allow me to suggest that you simply pay someone
else to do pull it out & dispose of it. You can expect to pay well for
that; but admit it, it would be worth it when compared to another round of
Prednizone. Some folks are less allergic to the stuff, & if you can find
one to do the dirty work, I'd pay 'em.

Joe

Hiring a backhoe/front-end loader for a little while will get it out.
Same company ought to have a dump truck.

Personally, I would like to have it scooped out as deep as the roots
grow. Around shaded trees, ivy likes - backhoe with caution and pull
it away and pull it away to not damage tree roots.

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998
Posted to alt.home.repair
David Martel

Vector,

Mr. Pawlowski did not seem angry in his post and he asked a good question
about your tarp solution. Your suggestion about cutting holes for the "good"
plants also seems a bad idea since this is on a steep slope and would
require an allergic individual to work closely around the ivy. Pleaser note
here that I am not angry with you.

Dave M.

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.
DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

Now where to find someone who isnt allergic to it.

I REALLY dont want to decimate the area since there are bulbs and
plants my mom planted about 11 years ago right before she died.

if anyone is reading this around the n hills of pittsburgh and wants a
ongoing project e mail me I can NEVER take prednisone
again!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

"David Martel" wrote in message
nk.net...
Vector,

Mr. Pawlowski did not seem angry in his post and he asked a good
question about your tarp solution. Your suggestion about cutting holes for
the "good" plants also seems a bad idea since this is on a steep slope and
would require an allergic individual to work closely around the ivy.
Pleaser note here that I am not angry with you.

Dave M.

Already forgot about it. Just seemed like a pointless criticism at the
time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

" writes:
HeyBub wrote:
Don't try these yourself:

[...]
2. Propane-driven weed inflameagrator

NEVER BURN POISION IVY, the smoke can give you poision ivy in the lungs
and can kill.............

Notice what I left of heybub's post.
I had the same reaction though, and only noticed the "Don't" when
starting to write a followup message. Easy mistake to make, but since
it's been mentioned twice now, I thought i'd point it out.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip

Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

"Edwin Pawlowski" writes:
"Eigenvector" wrote in message
The other suggestion he made was a big tarp - not a bad idea as it would

How do you propose getting rid of the contaminated tarp afterwards? The
bottom will be coated with the oils.

Slip and slide for neighborhood kids you don't like?

--
May no harm befall you,
flip

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin J. Phillips

Ralph Mowery wrote:
I just wondered what they used to clean up the
cloths afterwards.

When I was clearing Poison Ivy, I just put the clothes in the washer
and dryer. The combination of detergent in the washer and heat from
the dryer is enough to neutralize the stuff. After removing the
clothes from the dryer, there will be black marks where the clothes
came in contact with the ivy. My jeans and shirts looked like I
had attacked them with a black permanent marker.

Posted to alt.home.repair
rosebud

Oren wrote:
I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

Poison ivy doesn't have any effect on me. When I had to get rid of a
bunch of it that had grown up into trees, I first cut the vines close to
ground level. I applied poison ivy killer (some special stuff for woody
plants) to the part that was growing into the ground. Over several
months I watched for new growth coming from the ground and reapplied the
ivy killer. Within one season it was all dead. I pulled the dead vines
out of the trees the best I could. I was able to do this with no special
clothing or gloves...very lucky I guess.

Bonnie

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.
DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

Now where to find someone who isnt allergic to it.

I REALLY dont want to decimate the area since there are bulbs and
plants my mom planted about 11 years ago right before she died.

if anyone is reading this around the n hills of pittsburgh and wants a
ongoing project e mail me
I can NEVER take prednisone
again!

Would it be practical at all to transplant the things you want to
temporary locations for a year while you hire someone to take care of
this? Obviously this doesn't include the maple tree.

Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

rosebud wrote:

Oren wrote:
I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

Poison ivy doesn't have any effect on me. When I had to get rid of a
bunch of it that had grown up into trees, I first cut the vines close to
ground level. I applied poison ivy killer (some special stuff for woody
plants) to the part that was growing into the ground. Over several
months I watched for new growth coming from the ground and reapplied the
ivy killer. Within one season it was all dead. I pulled the dead vines
out of the trees the best I could. I was able to do this with no special
clothing or gloves...very lucky I guess.

A word of caution--it's a "sensitizer"--some people can go years and years
of handling it regularly with no effect and one day they just brush against
it and land in the hospital. Wear protection when you can to reduce the
chance of becoming sensitized.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.
DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

Now where to find someone who isnt allergic to it.

I REALLY dont want to decimate the area since there are bulbs and
plants my mom planted about 11 years ago right before she died.

if anyone is reading this around the n hills of pittsburgh and wants a
ongoing project e mail me
I can NEVER take prednisone
again!

Would it be practical at all to transplant the things you want to
temporary locations for a year while you hire someone to take care of
this? Obviously this doesn't include the maple tree.

You can cover the desirable shrubs and plants, then spray the entire
area with Roundup. Make sure you use it at 3 to 5%. Don;t follow the
advice here that said to use 3oz of concentrate per gallon. There is
no std concentration for Roundup sold. Read the various bottle labels
and you will find a variety of strengths sold. You can also search
the internet and find the generic (glyphosate) sold in 3 or 5 gallon
qty at good pricing.
Erosion won't likely be a problem, because the dead plant root systems
will still keep the soil in place for some time. You may have to do
more than one application after waiting about a month to see what
survives or continues to grow.

After it's dead, a lot depends on what you want to do with the area.
If you want to clean it up and plant more stuff, then given that you
are very sensitive to it, you may want to hire someone to do this part
for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rapid

m Ransley wrote:
I burned poison ivy, I was sick for over a year dont do it. If you have
other plants to keep, wet the soil good , the next day oil your hands
and arms,,put on long clothes and gloves and pull it out, its easy to
do. Wash your clothes and shower. Roundup spray works but does not kill
seeds and kills everything. If you wont pull it get a Spot Roundup-weed
aplicator, it is basicly a plastic tube with a sponge attatched, you
just touch the plant to kill with the pole. Mix it much stronger, Ivys
leaves are oily and a bit resistant to Roundup. Have Fun.

what did it do to you?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

wrote:
I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

What is up the hill from your property? 8'x30' is covered by poison
ivy? What other plants in the mix? (Trees, shrubs, flowers?)

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

I would be inclined - without seeing the property - to hire someone to
mow or cut it back to the ground. Then go in, or have someone else,
monthly with Roundup to hit the newly sprouting foliage. Persistance
should eliminate it. I definitely would not risk doing it if I was
sensitive to poison ivy, and would not touch anything used on it. The
cut or mowed poison ivy should be removed.

Another option would be to have someone dig up the plants you want to
save, dig out the poison ivy and everything else, add new topsoil and
replace the keepers. If you spot poison ivy growing in again, kill it
before it takes over.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article . net, Norminn
says...

wrote:
[...]

Yeah. If it were me I'd have to hire someone, I'd have him or her rip
everything out. Everything. Then I'd see what I could do to get more sunlight
in the area if I could (might need to take down or cut back some trees), since
PI loves shade. Then I'd set up some kind of rock garden on that hillside.
Depending on the size of the hillside. I would even hire *that* out due to
residuals in the soil.

Then keep brush-b-gone on hand to kill anything that comes back, letting it
grown out to create some leaves first, since it's a translocating herbicide.
With persistance, that does eventually rid the PI.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"rosebud" wrote in message
news
Oren wrote:
I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

Poison ivy doesn't have any effect on me. When I had to get rid of a bunch
of it that had grown up into trees, I first cut the vines close to ground
level. I applied poison ivy killer (some special stuff for woody plants)
to the part that was growing into the ground. Over several months I
watched for new growth coming from the ground and reapplied the ivy
killer. Within one season it was all dead. I pulled the dead vines out of
the trees the best I could. I was able to do this with no special clothing
or gloves...very lucky I guess.

Bonnie

That's the important part. Once the main growth is cleared, you just need
to keep an eye on it for about a year. Removing all new growth will starve
the roots eventually.

I would add a cultivator to the mix. After clearing the vines, run a
cultivator or hoe through the soil between the remaining plants to break up
the roots and speed their demise. Mulching over that area will help too.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:26:21 GMT, Norminn

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

I would be inclined - without seeing the property - to hire someone to
mow or cut it back to the ground. Then go in, or have someone else,

As soon as you cut it, weed-wack it: the oil becomes airborne, I would
decline this option.

Another option would be to have someone dig up the plants you want to
save, dig out the poison ivy and everything else, add new topsoil and
replace the keepers. If you spot poison ivy growing in again, kill it
before it takes over.

I think in the OP's case, it needs pulling up by the roots - saving
the bulbs and others.

A truly infested area really does need constant attack.

Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Norminn" wrote in message

I would be inclined - without seeing the property - to hire someone to mow
or cut it back to the ground. Then go in, or have someone else, monthly
with Roundup to hit the newly sprouting foliage.

Agree with the Roundup, but surely not cutting. That could make an allergic
catastrophe. All the chopped up leaves blowing around would be a
nightmare.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Norminn" wrote in message

I would be inclined - without seeing the property - to hire someone to mow
or cut it back to the ground. Then go in, or have someone else, monthly
with Roundup to hit the newly sprouting foliage.

Agree with the Roundup, but surely not cutting. That could make an allergic
catastrophe. All the chopped up leaves blowing around would be a
nightmare.

Didn't suggest putting them in the blender. The OP is sensitive to PI,
so a landscape maintenance person with suitable protection and know-how
might be willing. If not, get a front end loader and get rid of the
whole mess. OF COURSE, the OP would not stand around watching some nut
with a weed whacker. Have yet to read of anyone dropping dead because
they mowed some PI. Did get a child home from summer camp who slipped
going down a hill and took a slide - sans sled - through PI. One trip
to the doc and a supply of cortisone took care of the PI that covered
her legs. For some strange reason, it didn't really bother her much.
Had a blast at summer camp )
Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle

wrote:
I REALLY dont want to decimate the area since there are bulbs and
plants my mom planted about 11 years ago right before she died.

My first thought was to remove the plants and perennials you want to
keep, and then hitting the rest of the hill with a pre-emergent
herbicide, but two problems crop up: (1) you can't kill anything within
a radius of twice the radius of the maple (unless you want to take a
shot at the maple, too...) and (2) where do you store the plants you
want to save for a year until the pre-emergent is inactive?

The Wife and I had a similar situation with a hill behind our house. We
hired a contractor to come in and clear out the dead azalea, the
Chinese weed tree (that goes by a more crude name because of how it
smells when it pollinates), two wild fruit "trees", but leave the holly
tree and put in terrace walls. It was hugely expensive (not as
expensive as digging out the hill installing a garage and extending the
lawn over the top of the garage) but well worth it in the end: the hill
is incredibly stable, we use the terraces for our vegetable garden, and
it adds value to our home.

If you decide to go that route, do some research into local landscaping
contractors, and pick the one you trust, not just the one who offers
the lowest price because they could be cutting certain structural
corners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

About the tarp....

I don't think this will do anything at all. The poison Ivy (a vine
plant) will continue to travel along the ground until it finds some
sunlight and then it will pop out. It won't die.

I rented this house once that had loads of it. I covered an area with
an old tarp and dumped all my grass clippings on it all year, the damn
vines worked there way to the edges and popped out and kept right on
going.

I moved the next year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The hill is primarily poision ivy with a large maple I dont want to
kill, some flowering plants and a bunch of bulbs... Theres these green
milkweed, if you pinch them a kinda white milk comes out, originally
that dominated the hill, its a excellent ground cover, then theres
regular ivy and some plain old weeds.

My fear of the poision ivy has kept me away, i heard you can mix fll
strength roundup with broadleaf weed killer, my try spot treating some
of this.

I have no real wall just a foot high one I installed many years ago to
make grass cutting easier. wish I could find someone to pull the #@$%^
then spot treat what reoccurs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alcohol? (does that qualify as "mineral spirits"?)

DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Combs wrote:
Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alcohol? (does that qualify as "mineral spirits"?)

DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

FWIW "mineral spirits" is the British English equivalent of "paint
thinner" while "methylated spirits" would equal "denatured alcohol". Of
course neither of those might mean anything in the original context...

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Cloth covered cord? T i m UK diy 6 May 28th 06 09:27 AM
Carpet Covered Floor Drain Marc Home Repair 3 January 2nd 06 01:28 PM
OT - Social Security Larry Blanchard Woodworking 146 March 7th 04 03:25 PM