Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Steep hillside covered with poision ivy:(

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:20:18 GMT, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

End of quote.

I saw an epsode that went like that. Think it was the sister program of This
old HOuse. One of the guys showed up and the home owner and him suited up
and pulled it out by hand. I just wondered what they used to clean up the
cloths afterwards. If it were mine, I think I would remove them very
carefully and put them in the plastic bag and throw them away. Where I work
we have some "plastic" coveralls with foot coverings and a hood. Those
might be a good thing to wear while tearing out the poison ivy. They are
ment to be disposed of after using them. All you would need to do wwould be
get some gloves and the eye googles.

This episode advised to have other workers do the task, if you were
especially susceptible to the ivy. I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

I really never thought about the clothes and that is a good point,
since someone in the home can break out in rash. The tape advice at
socks and gloves is excellent also.

For the OP - as a second thought, bring a front-end loader and take it
out, perhaps using the heavy mulch idea. This might not work in your
case.

Oren
They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction.
Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998