Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

Default Steep hillside covered with poision ivy:(

wrote:
I have a steep hillside covered with poision ivy at my driveway.

I am very allergic to it. Got very sick from steroids after exposure

now its very steep peraps 8 feet high and 30 feet long.

I was advised to kill everything on that hill, but fear one heavy rain
will wash down mud and clog my driveway drain and pump. besides there
are other plants in that mess, including stuff my mom planted before
she died.

any suggestions? i would love to remove the ivy and leave what remains.
i tried roundup sprayed on the ivy, it wilted a little but came back
stronger than ever

too bad pision ivy makes you itchy its a excellent ground cover

Poison ivy is actually rather susceptible to Roundup when it is mixed at
the proper strength -- English ivy is almost impervious to it. Are you
buying the pre-mixed or do-it-yourself Roundup? I suggest the latter and
get the "purple" brush-killer concentrate while you are at it -- every
big-box store carries it. Mix to full strength and when you spray, wet
the foliage thoroughly since a little mist isn't going to do the job. No
need to have it dripping off the leaves in a stream, just a good wetting.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]